Taking DHEA and Pregnenolone with surprising result

Buy Lab Tests Online

Steelballs

I went on Arimidex 1 year ago because I was getting like freaky anxious and crazy emotional. It did help but I have been doing a lot of researching and I'm leaning towards Nelson's take on using an AI. I have been off Arimidex now for 3 months now. I did have some water gain after a few weeks but that leveled off. My anxiety was getting bad again and emotions did increase but it didn't bother me as much since I have made some adjustment to them but definitely noticeable. I decided to try Pregnenolone and DHEA. It has dramatically reduced my anxiety. I am a lot calmer. Emotion wise I would say I am just as emotional but there is a difference. I have more control over my emotions. Noticeable side effect for me are dreams. I just gave blood and my Hemo has been at a very steady 15.5 and now it's 13.8 and my BP was on average 130/80 and now 120/70. Now I know it may be unrelated so I will see if both stay low. Maybe I ate too many almonds recently ;-p. I have noticed a definite increase in my ability to focus and recall memories. Yes I know what you are going to ask. Did I test prior, no I did not. One, I know my endo won't and two it's not cheap. So I am bieng very careful and not taking that high of an amount. 50 mg DHEA twice a day and 50 Pregnenolone once in the morning. I agree with Nelson on not messing with your E unless it's really high. If you do get very anxious and you are very emotional from being on TRT I would give DHEA and Pregnenolone a shot. Just be ready to dream your ass off.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
50 mg of DHEA twice a day and 50 mg of pregnenolone p5, it does seem like a high amount to me. I wonder if it would increase your E2? I'm presently using 25mg of dhea and thinking of adding 10mg of pregnenolone.

Last edited:

Steelballs

I am not taking hcg. I want to. But I had a very unfortunate visit with a recommended urologist that specializes in hormones. I will post on that next. I haven't yet because I was still counting to 10 ;-p
I will post it soon and in the correct forum but will provide a link here.

Last edited by a moderator:

ERO

I went on Arimidex 1 year ago because I was getting like freaky anxious and crazy emotional. It did help but I have been doing a lot of researching and I'm leaning towards Nelson's take on using an AI. I have been off Arimidex now for 3 months now. I did have some water gain after a few weeks but that leveled off. My anxiety was getting bad again and emotions did increase but it didn't bother me as much since I have made some adjustment to them but definitely noticeable. I decided to try Pregnenolone and DHEA. It has dramatically reduced my anxiety. I am a lot calmer. Emotion wise I would say I am just as emotional but there is a difference. I have more control over my emotions. Noticeable side effect for me are dreams. I just gave blood and my Hemo has been at a very steady 15.5 and now it's 13.8 and my BP was on average 130/80 and now 120/70. Now I know it may be unrelated so I will see if both stay low. Maybe I ate too many almonds recently ;-p. I have noticed a definite increase in my ability to focus and recall memories. Yes I know what you are going to ask. Did I test prior, no I did not. One, I know my endo won't and two it's not cheap. So I am bieng very careful and not taking that high of an amount. 50 mg DHEA twice a day and 50 Pregnenolone once in the morning. I agree with Nelson on not messing with your E unless it's really high. If you do get very anxious and you are very emotional from being on TRT I would give DHEA and Pregnenolone a shot. Just be ready to dream your ass off.

I too seem to tend towards a bit of anxiety at times and I find that DHEA and Pregnenolone to be hugely helpful as well. I take them in the evening and sleep a great deal better than I did before I started using them.

Vince

Super Moderator
I too seem to tend towards a bit of anxiety at times and I find that DHEA and Pregnenolone to be hugely helpful as well. I take them in the evening and sleep a great deal better than I did before I started using them.
ERO, you probably posted this in the past, what amounts are you supplementing. Also any estrogen problems?

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
50 mg of DHEA is a lot for a man; probably too much.

Remember, DHEA is estrogenic and can increase E2.

25 mg twice daily should be more then enough or if your 50 mg is a slow release you can just take it all at once.

DHEA has a short half life...

ERO

ERO, you probably posted this in the past, what amounts are you supplementing. Also any estrogen problems?

I take 25 mg of DHEA in a capsule with dinner and 10 mg of Pregnenolone in a cream before bed. I have had no issues with Estrogen, but to be fair, I do not seem to convert much of anything to E2. Guys that are high converters may have a different experience.

Hey Gene I saw a chart, I thought you posted a couple of weeks back that suggested amount of DHEA by weight.

I am 265, so I bought 100MG caps. Hope that isn't too much.

50 mg of DHEA is a lot for a man; probably too much.

Remember, DHEA is estrogenic and can increase E2.

25 mg twice daily should be more then enough or if your 50 mg is a slow release you can just take it all at once.

DHEA has a short half life...

Just for reference, my pre-TRT DHEA sulfate level was 109 ug/dL. After taking a single compounded capsule of 30mg DHEA/50mg Pregnenolone daily, along with my TRT protocol, my DHEA sulfate level skyrocketed to 546 ug/dL in about 3 months. My sensitive E2 also went up quite a bit...from 19 to 68. I've switched to an EOD Test injection schedule to see if I can bring my sensitive E2 down naturally, without an AI. I'll retest blood in about another month to check progress. I was amazed that my DHEA (S) increased so much so soon. A relatively small dose went a long way for me.

Wow I'm really conflicted. My sensitive E2 was pretty high so I've been taking Arimidex 2X per week (can't remember the dosage). However that chart that was posted showed at my bodyweight it was ok to go up to 100g of DHEA.

Two things about DHEA that attracted me.
1. Weight loss (fat burning)
2. If taken later around dinner time a possible counter effect to too much Cortisol being released.

I think I'll just keep the 100 mg DHEA for now my blood work should be due sometime in June. I inject like this:
Monday
Test - \100g
HCG - Tues 5000iu
Lipo-C - 1.5 ml

Thursday Evening
Same

Anyway no need to panic we'll see after two months what the DHEA does. I do not take pregnalone, it sounds like at my bodyweight of 265 I can drop to 50mg DHEA and start to add pregnalone. I am going to cut the BeetRoot Powder once a day out of my Nitric Oxide stack to budget for the Pregnalone.

Anything over 50mg of DHEA (a TRUE 50mg) daily is typically too much for most guys. The majority of my patients are on 20-50mg doses.

The "good" news is that if this is not compounding pharmacy DHEA and is an OTC formulation, it is very likely that you are NOT actually getting 100mg of pure DHEA (even though it is stated in the bottle) but in fact quite a bit less. Thus, the non-standardization and non-regulation of OTC supplements may work in your favor here.

Steelballs

I have an update. I have been on Preg and dhea almost 4 months and just got my T and E tested. T went down some, not sure why. E is still rising since stopping the AI but still under my previous max. I was worried my E would really go high. So I am very happy with the Preg and DHEA. It's doing a great job with the anxiety and focus. Getting used the the heavy dreaming.

ERO

Good news! Reliving anxiety is a big win as hard as that is on a person's health.

I would not worry about the T drop as we see differences all the time for guys that have not adjusted their dosing. Unless it is a large difference, its likely just test variance.

CoastWatcher

I have an update. I have been on Preg and dhea almost 4 months and just got my T and E tested. T went down some, not sure why. E is still rising since stopping the AI but still under my previous max. I was worried my E would really go high. So I am very happy with the Preg and DHEA. It's doing a great job with the anxiety and focus. Getting used the the heavy dreaming.

Glad to hear you are doing well. T can, and does, float from test to test. Where is your estradiol?

Steelballs

Here are My T and E history
Test.pngEstra.png

James

Steelballs - I remember when you were having anxiety when your estradiol was high back in October of 2014 and then you started taking anastrozole and that helped. When your estradiol went back up in October of '15 how did you feel then? Did the symptoms of high E2 come back?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me