T3/T4 therapy - weight gain

Buy Lab Tests Online

Mikeyp6679

Need some advice with some side effects guys. Had a thread in the bloodwork forum but figured this would be more appropriate here. The numbers prior to beginning protocol:

Free T3 - 1.3 pg/ml (ref 2.0 - 4.4)
Free T4 - .82 ng/dl (ref .82 - 1.77)
TSH - 1.180 uIU/mL (ref .45 - 4.5)
Thyroglobulin Antibody - <1 IU/mL (ref 0.0 - 0.9)
Thyroid Peroxidase (TPO) Ab - 12 IU/mL (ref 0-34)
Reverse T3 - 23.1 ng/dL (ref 9.2 - 24.1)

Been on protocol since 7/5. Started with 2 pills of t3/t4 (9mcg/38mcg each), and have titrated up to 2 in am 1 early afternoon. Symptoms of fatigue and low energy have improved a little I'd say but not quite there yet...but the noticable fat gain in midsection and water retention has me very concerned. Up almost 10 pounds. Extremeries are swelling a little too...fine in am and by the end of the day it's worse. Does this make sense to anyone? Or do I have other serious health issues I need to investigate? It's got me in the absolute dumps.

Also, diet and thyroid. Is there a better approach with macro breakdown? Low carb better etc? I'm confused with the metabolism and thyroid meds...once a dosage has been established does that just define and set your metabolism for you? Would you lose the body's ability to self regulate? I know its complicated and I'm sure I'm oversimplifying it.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Having good thyroid levels will definitely help you lose weight. Also a good low carb diet will help.

Your thyroid levels look terrible, very low free T3. When you get your next set of labs, please post them.

Mikeyp6679

Having good thyroid levels will definitely help you lose weight. Also a good low carb diet will help.

Your thyroid levels look terrible, very low free T3. When you get your next set of labs, please post them.

I'm not even really after significant weight loss. I will be if I dont get this figured out. I'm after not feeling like hell and secondary would be optimizing current body comp.

Doing more bloodwork tomorrow...will post update when results available.

apsjiml

Need some advice with some side effects guys. Had a thread in the bloodwork forum but figured this would be more appropriate here. The numbers prior to beginning protocol:

Free T3 - 1.3 pg/ml (ref 2.0 - 4.4)
Free T4 - .82 ng/dl (ref .82 - 1.77)
TSH - 1.180 uIU/mL (ref .45 - 4.5)
Thyroglobulin Antibody - <1 IU/mL (ref 0.0 - 0.9)
Thyroid Peroxidase (TPO) Ab - 12 IU/mL (ref 0-34)
Reverse T3 - 23.1 ng/dL (ref 9.2 - 24.1)

Been on protocol since 7/5. Started with 2 pills of t3/t4 (9mcg/38mcg each), and have titrated up to 2 in am 1 early afternoon. Symptoms of fatigue and low energy have improved a little I'd say but not quite there yet...but the noticable fat gain in midsection and water retention has me very concerned. Up almost 10 pounds. Extremeries are swelling a little too...fine in am and by the end of the day it's worse. Does this make sense to anyone? Or do I have other serious health issues I need to investigate? It's got me in the absolute dumps.

Also, diet and thyroid. Is there a better approach with macro breakdown? Low carb better etc? I'm confused with the metabolism and thyroid meds...once a dosage has been established does that just define and set your metabolism for you? Would you lose the body's ability to self regulate? I know its complicated and I'm sure I'm oversimplifying it.

If it were me, I would want to know what my am cortisol, acth serum and iron levels were. Reverse t3 is made from t4 and yours at 23.1 is too high. So, It is probably way over the top. A lot of reasons why one would have elevated rt3 levels including genetics. I actually have a diodinase gene defect which causes me not to convert t4 into the active form of thyroid free t3.
Deiodinases - National Academy of Hypothyroidism

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching