Switching from IM to Sub Q injections

Buy Lab Tests Online

mg707

For those that switched from IM injections to SubQ, did you have to adjust your dosage at all to get the same effective Testosterone levels? I inject 0.18 ml of testosterone cypionate 2x per week and am at a trough blood level of 600 which is perfect for me, all other measures such as estradiol, free T, SBGH etc are in line at with this protocol and I feel good

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I do daily injections so it may be different for me. Much smaller amount of testosterone then yours. I inject in six areas, two of the areas are love handles and I inject subq. I've been doing the subq for about a year now and really like it. I believe it does help to lower HCT. My other areas I use shallow IM injections.

mg707

I do daily injections so it may be different for me. Much smaller amount of testosterone then yours. I inject in six areas, two of the areas are love handles and I inject subq. I've been doing the subq for about a year now and really like it. I believe it does help to lower HCT. My other areas I use shallow IM injections.
Did you do only IM then switch to SubQ and is so, did you need to change your overall dosage to achieve same results. In other words does the body absorb less of it when going SubQ vs IM?

Vince

Super Moderator
Did you do only IM then switch to SubQ and is so, did you need to change your overall dosage to achieve same results. In other words does the body absorb less of it when going SubQ vs IM?
No I did not need to change dose. My levels remained the same.

Willyt

Why are you switching if you are doing well? Subq is useful if you plan to do daily injections simply because its more convenient. There is much debate around where its more or less effective.

tcmi

In most cases, the thing making the most difference is frequency of injections rather than “subq” vs “IM” as most people doing IM are injecting 1-2 times per week, while most people doing “subq” are doing every 1-2 days. Part of it is simply a practical matter if needle gauge. Most people doing “subq” are using insulin needles and at that size there is a limit as to how much you’re going to want to inject at once (because of time it takes to draw with a smaller gauge needle). For me, I feel better with more frequent injections. I’m currently injecting daily with a 29g needle. I have very little fat, so most people would say I’m doing “shallow IM”. I’ve intentionally tried to target fat at times while injecting and have never noticed any difference and often it’s more irritating/painful for me compared to just hitting muscle. Everyone is different. You might just want to experiment to see if you notice any difference.

Gladiator

I did SubQ for my last two blood tests. I switched to IM now but I always mix it up between the two. Sone days I just stick it in my belly because I can’t be bothered

Mojo88

I was doing ~80mg 1x/week IM for about 10 years.

3 weeks ago, I switched to SubQ, mainly because I was worried about accumulated muscle fiber damage, and some of the IM injections were getting painful. I'm still doing 80mg/wk but split into two shots. I will be very curious to see my next blood tests. I am hoping to lower HCT and Hemoglobin a little. SubQ is easier, with basically zero pain so far.

Gianluca

In the past, .27ml 3 x week sub Q brought my FT at 16, same dose/frequency IM had my FT at 22. I could see the difference from day one once I switched to IM.

However, I’m on IM ED injection protocol now, and I’m thinking to either switch to ED SubQ or a cream. If I go with the SubQ, I would have to increase my dose for sure.

Anonymon

In the past, .27ml 3 x week sub Q brought my FT at 16, same dose/frequency IM had my FT at 22. I could see the difference from day one once I switched to IM.

However, I’m on IM ED injection protocol now, and I’m thinking to either switch to ED SubQ or a cream. If I go with the SubQ, I would have to increase my dose for sure.
Have you ever done more test per week Sub Q to compare to the lesser .27ml 3 x a week IM dose as far as how you felt? Be an interesting experiment either way. I’m open to IM but since I inject daily as well, and inject more than one thing at a time in many cases, that’d be a hell of a lot of holes in my muscles if I did. Sub Q’s always been completely painless and basically never leaves a mark with a 29-32 guage insulin needle too. I know countless guys on the exact same dosing scheme that swear by IM though, even if their blood tests weren’t that different. My own doc swears by IM.

In my case at least, I don’t seem to have a problem with my T being free, and one test had almost all my T being free for whatever reason.

mg707

Why are you switching if you are doing well? Subq is useful if you plan to do daily injections simply because its more convenient. There is much debate around where its more or less effective.
I inject in my thigh and alternate legs, concerned about scar tissue build up over time so if SubQ is equally effective than it should help with scar tissue since it’s into fat and not the muscle

mg707

Have you ever done more test per week Sub Q to compare to the lesser .27ml 3 x a week IM dose as far as how you felt? Be an interesting experiment either way. I’m open to IM but since I inject daily as well, and inject more than one thing at a time in many cases, that’d be a hell of a lot of holes in my muscles if I did. Sub Q’s always been completely painless and basically never leaves a mark with a 29-32 guage insulin needle too. I know countless guys on the exact same dosing scheme that swear by IM though, even if their blood tests weren’t that different. My own doc swears by IM.

In my case at least, I don’t seem to have a problem with my T being free, and one test had almost all my T being free for whatever reason.
I feel great now, just want to lessen the chances of scar tissue over time by switching

gag

I do evry 2 days subq to keep polycythemia down, and my dos of test cyp is 80mg a week. I also inject hcg and gh both subq since i had a pituitary tumor removed. I get good numbers , stay 750 TT or so.. It depends on ur body how well u will absorb it, so it's trial and error.

Gianluca

I do think Test IM feels just different. On daily IM at .13ml my FT comes back at 28, TT at 700. if I had to move to SubQ, I would think I would need to try with at least .15ml daily.

I used to inject on the upper part of the glutes for SubQ

mg707

I do evry 2 days subq to keep polycythemia down, and my dos of test cyp is 80mg a week. I also inject hcg and gh both subq since i had a pituitary tumor removed. I get good numbers , stay 750 TT or so.. It depends on ur body how well u will absorb it, so it's trial and error.
Thanks for the input

MIP1950

I'm now doing daily IM, 16 mg. Even though my SHBG is mid 30's, low 40's, if I do weekly, twice a week or EOD, my weight starts to go up and waist size increases. I can only hope that, over the months, I'll see many improvements with daily inections.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me