Buy Lab Tests Online

bkb33

I am making the switch from cream to injectable T cypionate. I started with cream because I thought it would be more convenient; however, I’ve become convinced it is actually less convenient, as you have to wait for it to dry and plan shower/swim/workout/sex times around it (two times a day, at that). With injections, you just do it and you’re done. Nothing else to think about.

Further, my ability to have a sufficient amount of T with the cream is severely limited in Massachusetts. I’d have to reorder it practically once a month. With injectable T, I can order 10 mL at a time, which should last over 4 months.

I have been taking 4 clicks/day of the cream, applied between the scrotum and inner leg. My injectable T prescription is .5 mL, 2X per week (the T is 200 mg/mL). I plan to inject subQ, as I prefer smaller needles and am comfortable with this method of application as it’s what I’ve always done for hCG. I should also note that I am a (very, very) high SHBG guy, and I am taking low-dose Danazol to assist with this.

My question is: what differences, if any, should I expect? Has anyone here transitioned from cream to injectable before? Do you think the 2X/week protocol is optimal? I have read about some high SHBG guys doing big doses 1-2 times per week, as opposed to smaller doses more frequently.

I have had mixed results with the cream. At two different points, I had massive libido/confidence ‘rushes’ that lasted a week or two, but both eventually faded out. During these rushes, I felt like a god. I keep detailed notes and have tried to tease out what led to these amazing windows but haven’t come up with anything; it’s been a bit of a roller coaster (I am 3 months into T therapy). If I can get to a point at which these ‘rushes’ are permanent, I’ll be over the moon and will understand why everyone touts exogenous T as a miracle drug of sorts.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
I have had mixed results with the cream. At two different points, I had massive libido/confidence ‘rushes’ that lasted a week or two, but both eventually faded out. During these rushes, I felt like a god. I keep detailed notes and have tried to tease out what led to these amazing windows but haven’t come up with anything; it’s been a bit of a roller coaster (I am 3 months into T therapy). If I can get to a point at which these ‘rushes’ are permanent, I’ll be over the moon and will understand why everyone touts exogenous T as a miracle drug of sorts.
That's the holy grail: figuring out how to make these exceptional periods permanent. They are frequently associated with transitions, so may be linked to changing hormones and/or neurotransmitter levels. For now I think we just need to keep experimenting.

pmgamer18

I went from gels to shots subQ into my belly fat. After much time my Dr. and I find doing shots E3D works the best for me. I shoot 70 mgs E3D and the day before my shot I do HCG 250 IU's E3D.

I am doing one pill of Aromasin on my T shot day I have been on TRT over 35 yrs. and am 75 yrs. old.

I keep my TT up into the upper 1/3 of my labs range or higher FT is near the top of the range.

Phil aka pmgamer

S1W

I am making the switch from cream to injectable T cypionate. I started with cream because I thought it would be more convenient; however, I’ve become convinced it is actually less convenient, as you have to wait for it to dry and plan shower/swim/workout/sex times around it (two times a day, at that). With injections, you just do it and you’re done. Nothing else to think about.

Further, my ability to have a sufficient amount of T with the cream is severely limited in Massachusetts. I’d have to reorder it practically once a month. With injectable T, I can order 10 mL at a time, which should last over 4 months.

I have been taking 4 clicks/day of the cream, applied between the scrotum and inner leg. My injectable T prescription is .5 mL, 2X per week (the T is 200 mg/mL). I plan to inject subQ, as I prefer smaller needles and am comfortable with this method of application as it’s what I’ve always done for hCG. I should also note that I am a (very, very) high SHBG guy, and I am taking low-dose Danazol to assist with this.

My question is: what differences, if any, should I expect? Has anyone here transitioned from cream to injectable before? Do you think the 2X/week protocol is optimal? I have read about some high SHBG guys doing big doses 1-2 times per week, as opposed to smaller doses more frequently.

I switched from cream to injections, and feel pretty strongly that at least for my lifestyle, injections are WAY more convenient. I am able to more easily maintain higher levels, too, which as it turns out is what seems to work for me.

When I made the switch, I was disappointed at first. Definitely had a bit of a slump until levels built up, but just be patient and consistent and you'll get there. 200mg/week is a fairly high dose but I did see you wrote you have high SHBG. Just keep an eye on HCT - it can be more of an issue with injections since your T levels can go higher.

Yes I think that even for people with much lower SHBG than you, 2x/week injections are a good option.

Don't expect to feel those god-like rushes regularly no matter what protocol you use.

madman

Super Moderator

No such thing.....the body will always adapt.....sure one can feel great overall but 24/7 not happening!

As you will see many tend to experience this short lived bliss when starting trt during the honeymoon or commonly during a dose increase but eventually things level off.

Some end up chasing their tails indefinitely looking for this magical place.

bkb33

No such thing.....the body will always adapt.....sure one can feel great overall but 24/7 not happening!

As you will see many tend to experience this short lived bliss when starting trt during the honeymoon or commonly during a dose increase but eventually things level off.

Some end up chasing their tails indefinitely looking for this magical place.

That's a bummer. I would absolutely settle for feeling "great overall" on a consistent basis, though. Just hasn't quite been there (consistently) since I started TRT.

Mr S

I read you live in Massachusetts and the laws are definitely very restrictive. I live in Massachusetts and no pharmacy has ever allowed me to get a 10ml/200mg of T Cypionate Like you said it’d last me for months. My Dr says he has been unsuccessful every single time to have one of his scripts filled for 10ml/200mg vial so far. My question is if you were able to get a 10ml/200mg vial. If you did, may I know what pharmacy? My dosage is 140mg of T cypionate once a week and all the pharmacy gives me is 4 1ml vials. It drives me crazy.

DaveK22

I read you live in Massachusetts and the laws are definitely very restrictive. I live in Massachusetts and no pharmacy has ever allowed me to get a 10ml/200mg of T Cypionate Like you said it’d last me for months. My Dr says he has been unsuccessful every single time to have one of his scripts filled for 10ml/200mg vial so far. My question is if you were able to get a 10ml/200mg vial. If you did, may I know what pharmacy? My dosage is 140mg of T cypionate once a week and all the pharmacy gives me is 4 1ml vials. It drives me crazy.

I live in NY. My Doc calls in 200mg/week, 90 day supply. I get (12) 1mil/200mg vials. I only use 152mg per week so my "90 day" supply actually lasts longer...about an extra 3 weeks. I oftened wondered why they wouldn't give like (1) 10/mil vial + (2) 1 mils vials but I'm guessing it's some law due to it being a control substance. Still silly because I'm still getting 12 mil at one time regardless...just in 12 vials vs 2-3 vials. Oh well

Mr S

yes, it has to do with it being a controlled substance. However, you’re getting more than you need anyway so it doesn’t make sense anyway. My problem is that I travel and ran out of T Cypionate and had to interrupt my TRT. So far so good though. When I’m back in the states my Dr will check my levels. I hope I continue to feel fine until then. You never know

bkb33

I am now 5 weeks into the protocol change (switching from cream to injections). So far, I have noticed a few things:

* I had serious sleep issues for the first 4 weeks of this transition. Really struggled to get adequate rest, despite careful pre-sleep routines including melatonin, blue-blockers, blackout curtains, etc. These issues have subsided within the past week.

* I have noticed better energy (more consistent throughout day, more motivated to work out). This is weird given my sleep issues, but I've just had steady fuel throughout every day.

* I have noticed slightly more pronounced body composition effects. Hard to really tease this out, but just slight differences.

* I have had less of the self-esteem benefits of T. Haven't quite been feeling myself like I was on cream.

* My libido has not been nearly what it was on cream. It is marginally better than pre-TRT, but has reverted to being quite bad. Hoping this picks up!

* This mode of application is, for me, way more convenient. I far prefer it to scrotal application of cream.

bluepillsissy

I keep thinking of the opposite...going from injections to the cream. Injections have been great for every facet of my life, except for my libido. It really hasn't picked up much from pre-TRT. I understand that cream may be beneficial in this area, so I'd like to do a cream and injection protocol...

BigBamBoo

TRT has always been a struggle for me when it comes to sexual issues.

Pre TRT I had great sex and ejaculation and orgasm intensity was great.
Never had any ED issues, etc.

When on TRT, no ED issues but my ejaculation volume goes from VERY large “loads” to hardly anything. And the intensity drops way down.
Couple it with very hard time reaching orgasm and the “fun” of TRT goes away.
So much so that I stopped TRT so could have a great sex life again.

The positives of TRT for me was that physically I felt very good. Good workouts. Good energy. Etc.

I tried many things to TRT and get balanced. For some this can be very frustrating.

Good look to you.

bkb33

This is interesting. It seems some guys actually have worse libido when they go on injections? How do others' libido experiences compare?

fifty

Libido is the main noticeable benefit of trt for me. Doesn’t do me any good though. I would rather have more energy, better thinking etc.

bkb33

My latest bloodwork results (after switching to injections and adding Danazol 6 weeks ago) are here, and they are – I believe – promising!

My Free T:Total T % is now 1.88%, a marked improvement from the previous 0.77%. That said, the numbers are quite high – but pushing them even higher may, I think, be necessary for me to continue improving. Not sure if I should be worried, though, about how high they’re getting. Free T is more than 3X over the top of the range. Is this sustainable? Is it dangerous long-term? I don't know, given that SHBG is still very high (but much more reasonable now).

My SHBG has dropped from 114 to 72, so the Danazol appears to be working! I’m really encouraged to see this. At the start of this journey, my SHBG was nearly 200.

Of note: Estradiol has gone up to 91. It was 50 before. This seems strange; I guess it happened because T went up so much? I am not on an AI.

I don’t know how to interpret the over-range DHT and Reverse T3 – any cause for concern there? Any other thoughts on these numbers?

Thanks, fellas!

Last edited:

bkb33

I would love to bump this to hear what folks think of these numbers ahead of my follow-up with my provider tomorrow. On another forum, someone said my levels are way too high and I’m basically running a cycle — not what I was hoping to hear!

I am hoping to find a protocol that’s suitable for the long-term and also offers symptom resolution. I am feeling very good overall right now, though libido is still lagging.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me