Subq Injections Liver Enzymes

Buy Lab Tests Online

Bishop

Just curious if any of you have gotten elevated ALT levels from TRT. I've been told high protein diets and hard weight training can cause it as well. I'm trying to figure out a cause.

Mine came back as normal AST but ALT was 65 and normal is 45 I believe in the test I took.

Everything else was pretty much optimal.

Thanks!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
A ton of things can cause elevated liver enzymes...any things from booze to OTC drugs to training to inflammation.

Testosterone injections bypass the liver so this would not be a contributor.

Last edited:

Bishop

From what I have read high protein as well as heavy lifting raises both AST and ALT. There is supposedly another test I think GGT? That supposedly will show normal if the increase is due to diet and training but abnormal if hepatitis or something else is to blame.

isos266

I can attest to the notion that heavy training before bloodwork raised my AST and ALT. I took a few days off of the gym before my next bloodwork and AST and ALT were normal.

Bishop

Just got back from my appt and doc said the same thing. 65 is not of concern to him. Strangely I continue to have to lower my dose to stay in an acceptable range.

With 80mg every 4 days I was 1200 in the trough.

I have not found heavy weights or high protein to have effected my AST or ALT. I would offer this advice though that you should always fast atleast 8 if not 12hrs before having a CBC or CMP test. This can also drive your Creatinine and other kidney markers above range if you're not fasted and pounding on weights or are not fasted.
For instance I lift M-Th, I typically do bloods on Mon first thing so I get 72hrs off from the gym and a good chance to fast overnite before I test.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me