Subcutanous shots in back of upper arm

Buy Lab Tests Online

paco

Hello,

This is not really testosterone related, but maybe it will be helpful for folks administering subcutaneous shots. I receive allergy shots a couple times a month, and they always administer subcutaneously with an insulin syringe, in the upper arm at the tricep. Immediately after the injection, I feel a subtle "electric" sensation that goes down my arm, and I feel mild cramping or muscle tension throughout my arm for an hour or so afterwards. I asked the doctor today if they might actually be going into the muscle, and she seemed to think that was very unlikely. However, could it be that this is not a good site for subcutaneous shots in relatively athletic/lean men, and that they are accidentally giving me intramuscular shots?

Thanks!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Wild ass guess but I would say it is IM. Nelson talks about giving himself his shots with an insulin syringe in the thigh, and because he is lean it is IM or shallow IM. I just pinched my tricep and I am not skinny but I don't feel a bit of fat there. Feels like skin and muscle to me.

paco

Yeah, sure seems like that to me! I've been getting shots like this for years - It makes me doubt that they would be as effective as intended this way.

MrGold

Wild ass guess but I would say it is IM. Nelson talks about giving himself his shots with an insulin syringe in the thigh, and because he is lean it is IM or shallow IM. I just pinched my tricep and I am not skinny but I don't feel a bit of fat there. Feels like skin and muscle to me.

SubQ shots can be given on the back of the arm in the tricep. Keep in mind any thing that you can pinch is subQ fat. Skin is extremely thin, imagine how much you would have to cut with a knife to cut through the skin, that is how thin it is. There has been a notation that subQ fat is "skin" it is not. Anything you can pinch is fat :)

paco

That's a good reminder. I will ask the nurse to pinch my skin and inject into the fold. They have not been doing so.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me