Subcutaneous Injections

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
When are you testing relative to the injections? Always the same? How many measurements? The only proven difference between SQ and IM that I'm aware of is a longer half life for SQ. But this shouldn't result in appreciably different serum levels with twice-weekly injections, except maybe if SHBG is very low. But in this case SQ should give higher results.

TDM812

I went sub q for 6 weeks, and progressively felt worse, so I went back and took a single IM, felt better, then went back to sub q for the last 3 weeks, and I have progressively started feeling worse. It got so bad that I thought I was having thyroid problems, but I’m not.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
It occurs to me that if you're testing closer to the peaks than the troughs then it is plausible to have higher measurements with IM.

I went sub q for 6 weeks, and progressively felt worse, so I went back and took a single IM, felt better, then went back to sub q for the last 3 weeks, and I have progressively started feeling worse. It got so bad that I thought I was having thyroid problems, but I’m not.
If you feel better with IM then that's absolutely what you should do.

ronadams9

It apparently depends on the individual. I started injecting cypionate subcutaneously twice weekly, about two years ago and my free & total test figures are always 20 to 25% higher than my IM injection #’s were.

CoastWatcher

It apparently depends on the individual. I started injecting cypionate subcutaneously twice weekly, about two years ago and my free & total test figures are always 20 to 25% higher than my IM injection #’s were.

You're right.

Each of us is different and each of us can produce labs that support our practice.

I saw my numbers go up having moved from the thigh to the delt with the same dose but I had some other things going on at the time, too, so I couldn't narrow it down if that was my TT and FT reason to have gone up; IM or SQ. My delts would be more IM that where I was in the quad. I don't do oil SQ in the belly.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
The thing is, unless there's injection-site leakage, isn't the bloodstream the only way to get rid of IM or SQ-injected testosterone? Absorption rate is then the primary variable, though metabolic clearance rate may also change a little. The implication is that with regular dosing of the same amounts the average levels of serum testosterone should be the same.

Vince

Super Moderator
They've been injecting executive same for over a year now. Same amount same location. My levels did very some. I think there's so many variables, that sometimes we overthink it.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Some supporting evidence for similar results:

Pharmacokinetics, safety, and patient acceptability of subcutaneous versus intramuscular testosterone injection for gender-affirming therapy: A pilot study.

The subcutaneous route for the injection of testosterone was well tolerated and appeared to be as effective as i.m. injection in delivering equivalent [total serum testosterone] levels, although there was wide intrapatient and interpatient variability.

Information collected via weekly questionnaires indicated that the subcutaneous route was more tolerable, with lower self-reported scores for preinjection anxiety, pain during injection, and postinjection pain.

TDM812

The thing is, unless there's injection-site leakage, isn't the bloodstream the only way to get rid of IM or SQ-injected testosterone? Absorption rate is then the primary variable, though metabolic clearance rate may also change a little. The implication is that with regular dosing of the same amounts the average levels of serum testosterone should be the same.
Is it possible that ALL of it doesn’t make it into the bloodstream?

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Is it possible that ALL of it doesn’t make it into the bloodstream?
Basically, no. With normal injections there's nowhere else for it to go. It doesn't just keep accumulating in the tissue, and it can't be metabolized there because the ester must be removed first. This "cleaving" takes place in the blood with the aid of the esterase enzyme.

TDM812

Basically, no. With normal injections there's nowhere else for it to go. It doesn't just keep accumulating in the tissue, and it can't be metabolized there because the ester must be removed first. This "cleaving" takes place in the blood with the aid of the esterase enzyme.
It’s a strange situation. Is there any other plausible reason, for the low numbers, and lethargic feeling?

Cataceous

Super Moderator
It’s a strange situation. Is there any other plausible reason, for the low numbers, and lethargic feeling?
Would you clarify when your tests were done relative to injections? The study I cited did show higher testosterone numbers for subQ later in the injection cycle. I'd expect IM to give higher results earlier in cycle. As for your subjective results, one speculative possibility is that you need more variation in testosterone levels. We do see guys improving their TRT results by supplementing injections with small amounts of testosterone cream, either daily or just as needed, as infrequently as every week or two. It's assumed the DHT boost is responsible for the benefits, but I think the testosterone variation could also play a role.

madman

Super Moderator
Regardless of the ester used or whether injection is sub-q or i.m. ones SHBG level, dose of testosterone used and injection frequency will have the biggest impact regarding ones blood levels of T.

JDieken

I'm a 57 yr old male that has been injecting cypionate 100MG once a week IM for roughly three yrs now. This last Saturday (4 days ago) I tried SubQ for the first time. Same dose just in my stomach. It's Wednesday & I'm crashing hard. It's like I've completely missed my dose this week.

I also do HCG 500IU twice a week.

Do I need to give this more time since I'm going a different injection route?

J-

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching