Subcutaneous injections causing lipid problems

Buy Lab Tests Online

sh1973

Has anyone noticed their LDL and hematocrit rise after switching to subcutaneous injections? My LDL increased by 30 points and my hematocrit increased from 47 to 52. It’s the same dose but enanthate rather than cypionate. Also my trough t level is 150ng lower than IM injections.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

WhatSayYou89

Has anyone noticed their LDL and hematocrit rise after switching to subcutaneous injections? My LDL increased by 30 points and my hematocrit increased from 47 to 52. It’s the same dose but enanthate rather than cypionate. Also my trough t level is 150ng lower than IM injections.

I was never able to last long enough on subq injections to get bloodwork.

IDK why but they made me feel weird. Like sick at my stomach somewhat. Like sea sick type of feeling.

Stylo

I hear ya. The subq method sounds ideal due to less hassle, but IM via a smaller gauge needle works best. Subq seems to give almost no benefits, and odd readings at times, such as high numbers but symptom relief is almost none existent. Hope you resolve your problem by switching.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
I hear ya. The subq method sounds ideal due to less hassle, but IM via a smaller gauge needle works best. Subq seems to give almost no benefits, and odd readings at times, such as high numbers but symptom relief is almost none existent. Hope you resolve your problem by switching.
I've been doing subQ for five years and wouldn't even consider IM. There are plenty of anecdotes favoring one method or the other, but an actual clinical trial did not find any appreciable differences between the methods.

sh1973

For me using nearly identical doses of cypionate IM versus enenathe subq my ldl has risen nearly 40 points and my my hematocrit has risen 5 points. Both injected once weekly and I have the labs to prove it. Also my test level is 150ng lower.

Rock H. Johnson

I started TRT 9 months ago and do ED SQ(lovehandles, upper glutes) with 30-31G 6-8mm from day one, feel great and have no issues except if I would make to big protocol changes to fast(be the tortoise not the hare).
Tried IM in shoulder once, felt the oil depot and didnt like how it obstructed the shoulder movement.
I do not like the idea of puncturing the fascia etc on a daily basis.

mooseman109

sub q daily here, no difference in labs or effect. In fact HCT actually went down a bit, likely due to low dose daily versus larger dose with less frequency

sh1973

Yeah I’m not sure what’s causing it. It’s did it twice now when I use the Xyosted injectors. I’ve been using cypionate for 8.5 of the more than ten years I’ve been on trt. Even with higher dose cypionate my hematocrit hardly ever got above 48%.

wondering

Yeah I’m not sure what’s causing it. It’s did it twice now when I use the Xyosted injectors. I’ve been using cypionate for 8.5 of the more than ten years I’ve been on trt. Even with higher dose cypionate my hematocrit hardly ever got above 48%.

You actually made two changes - SubQ and Enanthate. But attributing it to SubQ.

Could also be unrelated to either.

JimGainz

Yes to Hematocrit. But when I switched to SubQ I also increased the dosing frequency. I Read an article that contrary to what we think, increasing frequency of dosage can raise hematocrit for some. I will try to look for that.

no change at all in lipids. If anything mine went down. I am on statins but taking a very low dose. I doubt your change here is from subq if you are taking the same amount of testosterone.

apsjiml

So, once you get your hematocrit back down. I wonder if you should still do sub q but maybe just cypionate? I have read something not too long ago about how different people do differently depending upon the ester. I will look to see if I can find that

JimGainz

I prefer Subq. No pain at all. I give blood every few months to keep things in check and would recommend that as a simple protocol to high hematocrit. My hematocrit will climb into the 50s without it. My doctor is not concerned - it’s only erythrocytosis (increased hematocrit similar to when athletes train at altitude like in Colorado), not polycythemia, which is the increase in both red blood cells and hemoglobin. The latter is a problem. Even though my hematocrit goes high, my RBC is always normal. I just give blood for peace of mind, to help others, and to avoid getting temporarily taken of T as a precautionary measure.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me