Subcutaneous Injection

Buy Lab Tests Online

TDM812

When was testing done relative to injections? As long as you didn't have injection site leakage you should absorb the whole dose. SubQ has been shown to absorb a little more slowly than IM, but in the end you're getting all the testosterone.
I injected sub q last Monday night, and tested Tuesday morning.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
A few questions for you if you don't mind:

- Assuming equal sterilization procedures are followed, why would a SubQ injection be any more or less prone to infection than an IM injection?

- What are the long-term side effects of SubQ injections?

- I have had great results with absorption over the past year plus of injecting SubQ. I believe there are studies that support this. Are there studies in which SubQ is contraindicated?

I would also defend subQ. Here's one of the studies: Pharmacokinetic Profile of Subcutaneous Testosterone Enanthate Delivered via a Novel, Prefilled Single‐Use Autoinjector: A Phase II Study

And anecdotally, I have about 1,500 subQ injections under my belt with nary an abscess to be seen. No side effects except occasional, minor injection site irritation. The one time I tried IM it felt as though I was punched hard there.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
I injected sub q last Monday night, and tested Tuesday morning.

Although changing injection intervals as you did might be expected to drop the peak level to more like 1,000 ng/dL from 1,200, there's a paper someone cited on here that showed quite large variations, up to 20-30%, in weekly testosterone measurements with the same protocol. So the combination of effects could explain your results.

madman

Super Moderator
Why did you change from IM to SQ? Was IM working for you? IM is still the most studied and most widely used even though some physicians are offering and touting SQ injections. When you inject SQ don't get anywhere near your belly button. Keep the injections away from your midline.

You make it sound as if sub-q is inferior to i.m. and believe it or not there is a fair amount of research regarding subcutaneous testosterone injections.

Many on trt are injecting sub-q and it offers a great alternative to i.m.

Subcutaneous administration of testosterone: A pilot study report

Attachments

• JAN14-SUB-Q-2006-b52088669c9a09e20f04a5fde24240adc915.pdf
    201.8 KB · Views: 135

madman

Super Moderator

Subcutaneous Testosterone:An Effective Delivery Mechanism for Masculinizing Young Transgender Men

Attachments

• JAN14-SUB-Q-2014-olson2014.pdf
    83.6 KB · Views: 121

madman

Super Moderator

Pharmacokinetic Profile of Subcutaneous TestosteroneEnanthate Delivered via a Novel, Prefilled Single-Use Autoinjector: A Phase II Study

Attachments

• JAN14-SUB-Q-2015-sm2.80.pdf
    300.7 KB · Views: 122

madman

Super Moderator

Pharmacokinetics, Clinical Efficacy, Safety Profile, and Patient-Reported Outcomes in Patients Receiving Subcutaneous Testosterone Pellets 900 mg for Treatment of Symptoms Associated With Androgen Deficiency

Attachments

• JAN14-SUB-Q-APRIL-2017-PIIS1743609517312596.pdf
    297.2 KB · Views: 114

madman

Super Moderator

Subcutaneous Injection of Testosterone Is an Effective and Preferred Alternative to Intramuscular Injection: Demonstration in Female-to-Male Transgender Patients

Attachments

• JAN14-SUB-Q-JULY1-jc.2017-00359.pdf
    302 KB · Views: 116
Last edited by a moderator:

madman

Super Moderator

Serum Testosterone Concentrations Remain Stable Between Injections in Patients Receiving Subcutaneous Testosterone

Attachments

• JAN14-SUB-Q-JULY21-js-01-1095.pdf
    612.8 KB · Views: 115

madman

Super Moderator

Daily subcutaneous testosterone for management of testosterone deficiency

Attachments

• JAN14-SUB-Q-2018-yazdani2018.pdf
    473.2 KB · Views: 133
Last edited by a moderator:

TDM812

Lots of good information, thank you. Would anyone care to make a dosing recommendation? It’s been 6 weeks, so I know my T levels are stable, and I think I have a pretty good AI plan in place. I would like to be in the 1k total, and 3.5-4 free. I am considering going back to IM 65mg x2 weekly, or going up to SQ 75mg every 3 days. I like the SQ injections, but I’ve always been told less medicine is best. My estrogen is under control, but im sure it’s in part due to lower T levels. Thoughts, or other recommendations?

TDM812

Interesting development - on Saturday night I injected 70mg IM. I started to feel better on Sunday evening, and felt pretty good last night. This evening, 3 days later, I’m starting to feel excessively tired, a smidge moody, headache, etc. - exactly the same way I felt when I wrote the post. Thoughts? Is it low T?

MensHealth

You make it sound as if sub-q is inferior to i.m. and believe it or not there is a fair amount of research regarding subcutaneous testosterone injections.

Many on trt are injecting sub-q and it offers a great alternative to i.m.

I'm definitely not saying that. Most of the studies on SubQ are done on small sample sizes of 20 or 30 men. I was stating there has been more literature published on IM injections. It is called the practice of medicine for a reason; as it evolves protocols evolve and different things work for different patients. Based on the photo I posted we have patients that also do the SubQ injections as that has worked for them in the past. We are excited to see how the protocols of TRT evolve in time. Thank you for attaching all those studies. I look forward to reading about the results from Dr. Abraham Morgentaler, Men's Health Boston study when they are published. We respect Dr. Morgentaler as one of the Urologist in our clinic also went to Harvard for his residency.

madman

Super Moderator
Subcutaneous vs. Intramuscular
Testosterone

Sponsor:
Men's Health Boston
Information provided by (Responsible Party):
Dr. Abraham Morgentaler, Men's Health Boston

Looking forward to this soon enough!

Subcutaneous vs. Intramuscular Testosterone - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov

So much for this study 3 out of the 4 patients lost to follow-up!

Subcutaneous vs. Intramuscular Testosterone - Study Results - ClinicalTrials.gov

Screenshot (625).png

Screenshot (626).png

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale