Sub q or in the muscle

Buy Lab Tests Online

Eric5150

How many guys here are doing sub q rather than intra muscle?

I read that sub q are more effective. 80mg sub q would equal 100mg intra muscle.

Thoughts?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

I read that sub q are more effective. 80mg sub q would equal 100mg intra muscle.

Thoughts?
That's all bunk...and the only thing in play is what you prefer. SQ didn't do anything besides let you use a smaller/shorter needle. Anything past that is totally subjective.

madman

Super Moderator

Thoughts?

Sub-q is very common but there are also many that use i.m.

There should be no difference in the effectiveness between sub-q/i.m. although some men state they have experienced sub-par results when injecting sub-q.

If anything the main difference would be that although the T ester will control the release rate of T.....absorption sub-q may be some what slower than i.m.

The pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of androgen esters is mainly determined by ester side-chain length, volume of oil vehicle, and site of injection.

Do what is best for you and the only way you would truly know is to try i.m. for 6 weeks and have blood work done than switch to sub-q for 6 weeks and have blood work done to see how said protocol (dose T/injection frequency) effects your TT/FT/E2 levels and to gauge how you feel overall on said protocol.

Mind you not only will hormone be in flux during the weeks leading up to once levels have stabilized but it can take a few months for the body to adapt to the new levels.....so to truly gauge how one feels overall on sub-q vs i.m. than after your blood levels stabilize at 6 weeks.....give it a few months to truly see how you feel.

Otherwise if you are just solely concerned about numbers (TT/FT/E2 levels) and what method is better than try each protocol for 6 weeks than have blood work done!

BigBamBoo

I do both. One day I inject sub q the next IM, then back to sub q.

Don’t know if this does anything substantial or not. I do main,y to rotate injection areas.

TLR

What madman said.....I am one of those guys that didn't seem to absorb subQ when I tired it (for whatever reason.....maybe my fat is thick). You wont know until you try it. I personally don't see any difference between subQ and shallow IM as far as the actual injection goes.

Vtail

I do both. One day I inject sub q the next IM, then back to sub q.

Don’t know if this does anything substantial or not. I do main,y to rotate injection areas.

I do the same. I feel like I'm hedging my bets, in case one method actually turns out to be superior over the other. I started out SQ, then switched to IM - felt absolutely no difference. So I decided to alternate between the two.

Rabbit91476

Did 50mg every 3.5 days for my first three months. Slept like shit total t was high 600 if I recall. When I upped to 62mg ever 3.5. Sleep improved with in a week. I assume less estrogen spike but never tested. I switched to I’m 62mg. And sleep issues came back in one week. So I’m sticking with sq. With I’m I felt the test peak about 24-36 hours. With sq u rarely feel a peak.

Vince

Super Moderator
I've only tried Sub-Q for a short time and didn't like it. I've been using shallow IM for a long time now.

calm--

I've only been on TRT for 6 weeks. 70 mg cypionate and 400 iu hcg twice per week. 250 mg Calcium Glucarate 2x/day.

During this time, I tried subq, im 0.5 inch, im 1 inch, im 1.25 inch, im 1.5 inch. I did subq on my belly and im always on my thigh (vastus lateralis).

I notice everytime I did subq, or im 1 inch or less, for the following days, I feel like crap. Bad brain fog, depression, stress, restlessness, irritabiliy, no libido boost. Pretty much all my symptoms before TRT, but worst.

When I inject im 1.25 or 1.5 inch, I notice a significant libido boost in about 10 hours after injection, and I start to feel much better. Not great, I still notice all my symptoms, but significantly better. Better mood, better tolerance to stress, less anxiety. The libido is a good indicator whether I'm going to have better days ahead. So now I consistently inject im 23G 1.25 inch.

I dont think I have a lot of fat, but I also have very little muscle. Haven't try to measure body fat.

Yesterday though, I did the im 1.25 inch like usual. For the first time, flow of blood came out after I pulled the needle. Usually if there's blood, it's only like a tiny dot. And I didn't get the libido boost. And I feel miserable again today. Any chance that flow of blood that came out cause the injection to be not working? The testosterone leaked out? I didn't pay enough attention to whether there were oil leaking out. I only remember blood. I even thought about re-injecting. Then I search the board and found that blood leakage is normal and nothing to worry about. But I don't know, I just feel miserable and can't wait for my next injection.

S1W

SubQ has been working just fine for me. I wouldn't recommend it for any volumes above about .3-.35ml, but for many of us that isn't an issue.

FWIW, I really don't like injecting SubQ in my stomach.

Vince

Super Moderator
I've only been on TRT for 6 weeks. 70 mg cypionate and 400 iu hcg twice per week. 250 mg Calcium Glucarate 2x/day.

During this time, I tried subq, im 0.5 inch, im 1 inch, im 1.25 inch, im 1.5 inch. I did subq on my belly and im always on my thigh (vastus lateralis).

I notice everytime I did subq, or im 1 inch or less, for the following days, I feel like crap. Bad brain fog, depression, stress, restlessness, irritabiliy, no libido boost. Pretty much all my symptoms before TRT, but worst.

When I inject im 1.25 or 1.5 inch, I notice a significant libido boost in about 10 hours after injection, and I start to feel much better. Not great, I still notice all my symptoms, but significantly better. Better mood, better tolerance to stress, less anxiety. The libido is a good indicator whether I'm going to have better days ahead. So now I consistently inject im 23G 1.25 inch.

I dont think I have a lot of fat, but I also have very little muscle. Haven't try to measure body fat.

Yesterday though, I did the im 1.25 inch like usual. For the first time, flow of blood came out after I pulled the needle. Usually if there's blood, it's only like a tiny dot. And I didn't get the libido boost. And I feel miserable again today. Any chance that flow of blood that came out cause the injection to be not working? The testosterone leaked out? I didn't pay enough attention to whether there were oil leaking out. I only remember blood. I even thought about re-injecting. Then I search the board and found that blood leakage is normal and nothing to worry about. But I don't know, I just feel miserable and can't wait for my next injection.
Have you considered injecting in the VG.

It took a little practice but here is my favorite place to inject.

Best testosterone injection site, no aspiration needed, avoids all nerves

calm--

Have you considered injecting in the VG.

It took a little practice but here is my favorite place to inject.

Best testosterone injection site, no aspiration needed, avoids all nerves

I had. Thanks Vince. I'm not exactly sure where the area is yet. I guess I'm too lazy to learn a new area, having to experiment with needle length again, worry about hitting the wrong area, etc. So far thigh isn't too bad, just a bit of soreness after.

Shoulder also came to mind but I have very little muscle on that part.

Simon7

I was recommended by the late Dr. Crisler to inject SUBQ due to my low SHBG, stating that the testosterone injected to the SUBQ tissue is absorbed much slower into the bloodstream and hence promotes more stable testosterone blood levels.

It's been working great for me for 2.5 years now, maintaining stable blood levels. Never tried any other way to inject. I inject twice a week in the love handles using a 25G 5/8th" needle, alternating between both sides. It's simple, doesn't hurt, and no need to worry about hitting a vein.

In the past several months I've adopted Nelson's method and have been combining 0.25ml Testosterone Enanthate with 0.2ml HCG in a single syringe and injecting them together. Works great, only two pokes a week, saves time.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me