Sub Q Injections

Buy Lab Tests Online

TestBoss

Why is it that every doctor that I have told that I am doing sub q injections are like "Those are supposed to be done via Intramuscular." Even the nurses at the place I'm getting my testosterone has said the same thing. It's very annoying. I have to tell them to look at my chart where it says sub q for both HCG and Test. Today at my physical the guy was like you're doing them sub q??? saying it's IM. Is this a new way to do it in the recent years or are people just clueless? I'm going to see a new endocrinologist soon because its covered by insurance, so no telling what she will say.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Traditionally, yes, IM delivery, sub Q is rather new but IMHO subq revolves (mostly) around being able to use much smaller needles, like 29g, than any other factor.

TestBoss

As long as sub q works, I like the shorter needles. I got my T checked today by my primary care doctor to see what my numbers are since starting. I got a referral to an endo that's covered by insurance instead of the other doctor. Has anyone ever gotten Testosterone from Wells Pharmacy Network?

ERO

Just more medical folks woefully behind the times with regard to TRT. SubQ is newer than IM, but it has been around for years - its not like it was invented in the last 6 months.

James

The package insert says IM, most every T clinic in the states say IM, most of the more experienced guys on this site seem to favor IM, many guys tried SQ and went back to IM, and IM has been the delivery method of choice for decades. Yet a couple docs who are considered by many to be cutting edge and we're against SQ in the past, have changed their tune and now some guys do it. I agree with Vince that it probably has something to do with their desire to use smaller needles, but I've used Nelson's shoulder technique for about 6 months now, with a 27g 1/2" needle with very little discomfort. I'm not a SQ guy, more of a shallow IM guy, but give it a go and see what you think.

Vince

Super Moderator
I'm also a shallow IM guy, I really like injecting with the Easy Touch 27g 1/2" syringe. I always inject both T and HCG in my shoulders.

CoastWatcher

As noted elsewhere, fellows here swear by one method and back up their claims with labs. Others swear by the other and have labs that support them. I tried both and have labs that indicate it made no difference. Give it a fair trial, test your levels, and let us know.

Virginian

Why is it that every doctor that I have told that I am doing sub q injections are like "Those are supposed to be done via Intramuscular."

I believe the FDA approval for testosterone injections was based on a study of IM injections only. Therefore, the FDA approval is only for IM injections. No one ever submitted a study using SQ injections.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me