Strange results -- About 4 months on TRT protocol

Buy Lab Tests Online

Tgrappler

Hello all, I'll try to explain the situation as simply as I can. I'm 39, very active until recently because of complete lack of energy and started gaining weight, injuries. I used to train muay thai, wrestling and brazilian jiu jitsu pretty much daily since I was in my teens. In the last year I stared getting rather bad panic attacks and my energy levels have disappeared. With that came nagging depressing and isolation. Loss of interest in every day things. But I knew I was not depressed. Something was "missing". On April 27 of this year I got my first lab work to check hormonal imbalances. Lab work was done at Quest Diagnostics:

Free Test = 43 (Range 46.0-224.0 pg/mL)
SHBG = 66 (Range 10-50 nmol/L)
Bio Test = 87 (Range 110.0-575.0 ng/dL)
Estradiol = 33 (Range < OR = 29 pg/mL)

No surprise that my doc said "man, you really are running on empty". On 5/22 I started on TRT cream. 1ml for the first month 0.5 x 2 times / day. Then 0.5 ml / day. I did that from May - August. Also Estrogen blockers (I swear I could feel some benefit from just taking those alone). AI I would take for the first couple of weeks only total of 16 pills maybe. I used Compounded cream with Lipo (200mg/ml concentration) .. One thing I didn't like about the cream was that this particular batch was very flaky and not at all smooth when I'd rub it on. I was sure about 20-30% didn't really get absorbed.
Still I felt a pretty solid difference in my energy mood and sleep patterns. Overall I was happy with the results. I was able to restart my training routine and although it took some time to get back into the groove of things, I was able to get back to working out pretty hard at 2-3 times a week and walking (bad kneed) for 5 miles each day.

About a month ago I went on a five day trip and didn't bring the cream with me (just forgot). Around the last day I felt rather shitty and one interesting side effect was really bad insomnia, I rarely experienced insomnia in my life. Typical problems would be anxiety and depression. I simply would not fall asleep. Once I got back from the trip and started to reapply the cream as directed things seemingly improved.
However, within a week or so I ran out of cream and got sick (unrelated). I couldn't get my lab done until about 10 days after I ran out. Here are my numbers as of the most recent test. Same exact lab, same ranges and even the same person taking my blood :)

Free Test = 35
SHBG = 76
Bio Test = 76
Estradiol = 32

This does not look promising. By the time second week without cream was coming to an end, I couldn't get off the couch. Walking around the block seemed like torture. Insomnia was nasty, feelings of complete emptiness and hopelessness mixed with non-stop anxiety got a little too much. My doc is really quite good. He did all the right tests and said all the right things. After I texted him saying that I'm seriously at the end of my wits, he pushed a new batch of cream the same day.
This batch is a lot better, much smoother and within 2 days I feel more stable and my energy and sleep have come back. On Sunday I just slept all day. My body was beyond exhausted. It literally felt like a car without gas.

Is it possible to completely lose all the benefits of treatment within 10 days or so? I presume my levels didn't shift significantly, although I probably improved a little while applying the cream.

I realize that I messed up because I got the lab work done late, but I would at least hope slightly better numbers. My only conclusion is that initial treatment had a little effect, which wore off rather quickly and levels dropped (and raised) back to where they were because there wasn't that much improvement in the first place?

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

S1W

Is it possible to completely lose all the benefits of treatment within 10 days or so? I presume my levels didn't shift significantly, although I probably improved a little while applying the cream.

Yes, definitely. The cream needs to be applied every day. Your labs after 10 days of not applying the cream are basically meaningless.

Being consistent can be challenging but is absolutely critical to success with TRT.

Apply the cream consistently. Don't run out or skip days, etc. After 4+ weeks of doing this, run your labs again a few hours after applying your daily dose. I bet you'll see a whole different set of numbers.

Tgrappler

thank you for your response. definitely makes sense.
and as you said, my plan is to get my next labs mid-treatment when i'm at my "peak" ... definitely a bit of a learning process on my part.

for anyone who is new to this, i have to say that i didn't expect much from this treatment, but now i'm actually amazed because i really felt the difference. my overall baseline of wellbeing is a few levels above what i have come to expect as norm.

I'm positive that I have a non-severe case of TBI (years of kick/boxing and fractured jaw).. which often shows symptoms similar to PTSD. I was on all sorts of meds, which didn't do shit for years. TRT gave me real hope back.
For the last year prior to TRT I was barely functional. Today I feel like I'm ten years younger... although i was not suffering from ED, my libido is like it was in high school.

So while this is not going to be a magic solution to all my problems and some learning curve is expected, I feel real hope in this protocol. For anyone who is considering ... i say go for it! but make sure you go with the right professional.

Yes, definitely. The cream needs to be applied every day. Your labs after 10 days of not applying the cream are basically meaningless.

Being consistent can be challenging but is absolutely critical to success with TRT.

Apply the cream consistently. Don't run out or skip days, etc. After 4+ weeks of doing this, run your labs again a few hours after applying your daily dose. I bet you'll see a whole different set of numbers.
Excellent post @S1W

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching