Strange phenomena - Elevated hematocrit/RBC is affecting mental health/social skills

Buy Lab Tests Online

BuzzSaw

Ok, so we know that elevated hematocrit has implications for strokes, heart attacks, etc, but I've personally stumbled upon a strange phenomena where it affects my mental health/social skills.

Background: Been on TRT for about 3 yrs now. Currently on Sustanon 250, and inject twice per week at approx 100-125mg in total. I've always had HCT/RBC in the high range (usually just over).

I began to donate blood to deal with the high HCT/RBC (usually about twice per year). I gradually noticed that if I hadn't donated for a while, my mental health/social skills deteriorated considerably.

What do I mean by this? Well, in social situations I would say things that weren't called for (ie telling people about personal stuff that was unwarranted). Put basically, my social skills/nous went out the window. I can only desribe it as being autistic, or somebody with aspergers (I've known people with these conditions, so could spot it in myself). But here's where things get interesting; when I started donating blood I'd feel back to normal again. Normal in the sense that I could conduct myself proper in social situations. No more saying strange/inappropriate things, just being more in tune socially.

The other strange aspect is when I haven't donated for awhile is that my depression gets worse. I also become more pessimistic, and things I used to find joy in would seem, well, joyless. But once I donated blood, I'd be fine again.

This seems to cycle, and feeling ok and normal would last about 2 - 3 months after donating blood. This all seems to correspond with my HCT/RBC levels, ie when it rises the symptoms described come back.

Anyway, I've put this post up to hopefully get some answers, and also some of you out there might recognize what I'm going through.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

bochinit

Elevated hematocrit seems to cause anxiety because it raises your blood pressure. Boldenone and other anabolics steroids are well know for this side effect. Try to lower your dosage to see if you can manage better the hematocrit.

fifty

I experienced depression and anxiety symptoms on trt. Now that I think of it during that time my hematocrit was reaching 55. You’re probably not alone on this one.

apsjiml

Ok, so we know that elevated hematocrit has implications for strokes, heart attacks, etc, but I've personally stumbled upon a strange phenomena where it affects my mental health/social skills.

Background: Been on TRT for about 3 yrs now. Currently on Sustanon 250, and inject twice per week at approx 100-125mg in total. I've always had HCT/RBC in the high range (usually just over).

I began to donate blood to deal with the high HCT/RBC (usually about twice per year). I gradually noticed that if I hadn't donated for a while, my mental health/social skills deteriorated considerably.

What do I mean by this? Well, in social situations I would say things that weren't called for (ie telling people about personal stuff that was unwarranted). Put basically, my social skills/nous went out the window. I can only desribe it as being autistic, or somebody with aspergers (I've known people with these conditions, so could spot it in myself). But here's where things get interesting; when I started donating blood I'd feel back to normal again. Normal in the sense that I could conduct myself proper in social situations. No more saying strange/inappropriate things, just being more in tune socially.

The other strange aspect is when I haven't donated for awhile is that my depression gets worse. I also become more pessimistic, and things I used to find joy in would seem, well, joyless. But once I donated blood, I'd be fine again.

This seems to cycle, and feeling ok and normal would last about 2 - 3 months after donating blood. This all seems to correspond with my HCT/RBC levels, ie when it rises the symptoms described come back.

Anyway, I've put this post up to hopefully get some answers, and also some of you out there might recognize what I'm going through.

Curious if you have ever had a full iron panel including saturation and ferritin? If those are elevated those can cause those symptoms as well.

BuzzSaw

Curious if you have ever had a full iron panel including saturation and ferritin? If those are elevated those can cause those symptoms as well.

Yes, but were low due to donating too often. Currently on iron supplements, but I heard that taking iron (and B12), increases RBC (and maybe HCT?).

I may just stop TRT altogether as this isn't ideal.

Last edited:

apsjiml

Sorry to hear you are struggling. Sounds like your thinking about a lot of things. Yes, iron can raise hct and rbc faster. If it were me. I would want to know if I were Secondary Hypogonadism and I would be checking some other levels full panels to see if there was an issue. Free and total t3, reverse t3, free and total t4 and tsh. --If you have not I would have antibodies tested as well. I would also test am cortisol and acth serum to start. Those tests are not ones that you can come back and tell people they are all normal- quite a range there. There is a reason for this but I didn't want to get into a long speech. Now, if shbg is not high, but even low, what you could do is small injections more often (daily t shots) this would keep hematocrit down as well.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me