Stopping TRT - HPTA Restart Update After 1 Month

Buy Lab Tests Online

rimseb

Hello, I've been on TRT for the last two years and wanted to try to get off it for fertility reasons and a few more.

While on TRT I've been taking 100mg / week T enanthatate and 900 IU / week HCG. Since I've been taking HCG during the whole time while on TRT for the PCT I decided to skip the high dose HCG part of it.

My last dose of T was July 25th ( so 1 month ago ). Starting July 26th till today, August 24th, I started taking 10mg Nolvadex daily. I ran my blood tests yesterday and the results aren't very promising.

Total T : 108 ng / dl - Range 280 - 800 ng / dl
E2 : < 5 pg / ml - Range < 38 pg / ml

So first question, maybe my PCT protocol was too mild for someone that has been on TRT for 2 years. I was thinking maybe I should have added clomid too to it. Thoughts?

Second question, do you think it's worth continuing and do I have any chances to recover. If yes, how would you continue from now on?

Any input is much appreciated.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
Hello, I've been on TRT for the last two years and wanted to try to get off it for fertility reasons and a few more.

While on TRT I've been taking 100mg / week T enanthatate and 900 IU / week HCG. Since I've been taking HCG during the whole time while on TRT for the PCT I decided to skip the high dose HCG part of it.

My last dose of T was July 25th ( so 1 month ago ). Starting July 26th till today, August 24th, I started taking 10mg Nolvadex daily. I ran my blood tests yesterday and the results aren't very promising.

Total T : 108 ng / dl - Range 280 - 800 ng / dl
E2 : < 5 pg / ml - Range < 38 pg / ml

So first question, maybe my PCT protocol was too mild for someone that has been on TRT for 2 years. I was thinking maybe I should have added clomid too to it. Thoughts?

Second question, do you think it's worth continuing and do I have any chances to recover. If yes, how would you continue from now on?

Any input is much appreciated.
Where's the LH / FSH results?

rimseb

Didn’t do it because I ak traveling and here lab tests were super expensive.

Will redo all, including lh and fsh in two weeks when back home

See my post history if you want to see how it was coming off 6 years of self administered TRT.
PCT ended up being:
first 2 weeks 500IU HCG daily
then 25mg clomiphene citrate ED for like 10 weeks (only side effect was little knee pain).

It is currently about 2 months after ceasing the clomiphene and I feel good. In fact, I've never not felt good during this whole process. I will get tested again in a month to see my final recovery.

People are WAY too hung up on their Total T numbers.

I definitely recommend dropping nolvdex starting clomiphene and using that for about 2 months. I would get tested (Quest diagnotics) right at the end of the clomiphene to see how well it is at raising your total T and LH.

Last edited:

rimseb

See my post history if you want to see how it was coming off 6 years of self administered TRT.
PCT ended up being:
first 2 weeks 500IU HCG daily
then 25mg clomiphene citrate ED for like 10 weeks (only side effect was little knee pain).

It is currently about 2 months after ceasing the clomiphene and I feel good. In fact, I've never not felt good during this whole process. I will get tested again in a month to see my final recovery.

People are WAY too hung up on their Total T numbers.

I definitely recommend dropping nolvdex starting clomiphene and using that for about 2 months. I would get tested (Quest diagnotics) right at the end of the clomiphene to see how well it is at raising your total T and LH.

Great info, thanks for sharing it mate!

rimseb

Just a quick update. Managed to repeat the lab tests including LH and FSH, 10 days after the last test. Since the last test, for the last 10 days, I’ve been taking 20mg Nolvadex and 12.5mg Clomid every day. Here are the results :

Screenshot 2022-09-04 at 14.33.29.png

Not sure what to make of it. It’s been only 10 days since I upped the dose of nolva and added clomid, however the results still look underwhelming.

Does it look like I have a chance to recover, so should give it more time? Or should I give up and get back on TRT?

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
Just a quick update. Managed to repeat the lab tests including LH and FSH, 10 days after the last test. Since the last test, for the last 10 days, I’ve been taking 20mg Nolvadex and 12.5mg Clomid every day. Here are the results :

View attachment 25201

Not sure what to make of it. It’s been only 10 days since I upped the dose of nolva and added clomid, however the results still look underwhelming.

Does it look like I have a chance to recover, so should give it more time? Or should I give up and get back on TRT?
I don't think you've given it enough time. I would wait another month, repeat the tests, and see if the numbers are trending upward.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me