Stopping Testosterone Injections for Enclomiphene

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

goolapsh

For those recently or currently on Enclomiphene, can you give up an update on your protocols, labs, and subjective responses? Thanks.
I stopped taking it because it gave me insomnia. Also had low libido on it compared to test. Not a big fan of it although it did give me more energy/motivation. I didn’t do labs on it because I didn’t see the point as it’s not a long term solution for me. That being said I stopped the pills over a month ago and recently got bloodwork done and am close to my baseline T. Have been feeling a lot better since stopping but it took awhile.

txmx

I stopped taking it because it gave me insomnia. Also had low libido on it compared to test. Not a big fan of it although it did give me more energy/motivation. I didn’t do labs on it because I didn’t see the point as it’s not a long term solution for me. That being said I stopped the pills over a month ago and recently got bloodwork done and am close to my baseline T. Have been feeling a lot better since stopping but it took awhile.
What dose were you taking and how often?

Cataceous

Super Moderator
For those recently or currently on Enclomiphene, can you give us an update on your protocols, labs, and subjective responses? ...
I'm continuing to use enclomiphene in an unusual protocol. I tried a period without it to see how necessary it is. I only made it a few weeks before I was compelled to resume using it, though now at 12.5 mg EOD instead of daily. My experience probably has limited relevance for those contemplating monotherapy, but it at least suggests that good results are possible with enclomiphene in the mix. The enclomiphene allows me to make some LH and FSH, giving the benefits of hCG without the estrogen excess. Endogenous testosterone production is minimal, and serum testosterone is supported by injections of testosterone enanthate and testosterone propionate, with daily peak levels currently in the 600-700 ng/dL range.

txmx

I'm continuing to use enclomiphene in an unusual protocol. I tried a period without it to see how necessary it is. I only made it a few weeks before I was compelled to resume using it, though now at 12.5 mg EOD instead of daily. My experience probably has limited relevance for those contemplating monotherapy, but it at least suggests that good results are possible with enclomiphene in the mix. The enclomiphene allows me to make some LH and FSH, giving the benefits of hCG without the estrogen excess. Endogenous testosterone production is minimal, and serum testosterone is supported by injections of testosterone enanthate and testosterone propionate, with daily peak levels currently in the 600-700 ng/dL range.
Cataceous, thanks for the reply. Would like your opinion. Given the half-life of Enclomiphene at 10.5 hours, f you were doing monotherapy, would you structure the dosing a couple of times a day (every 10.5-12 hours) to achieve a steady state after 4-5 doses? Or, as I have seen you mention, would you space the dosing out even as far as 3-3.5 days apart? At let's say 12.5mg per dose, this spacing would allow the Enclomiphene remaining in your system to hit almost zero between doses, rather than going for a steady state by dosing every 10.5 hours. Maybe the variation down towards zero more beneficial than steady state?

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Cataceous, thanks for the reply. Would like your opinion. Given the half-life of Enclomiphene at 10.5 hours, f you were doing monotherapy, would you structure the dosing a couple of times a day (every 10.5-12 hours) to achieve a steady state after 4-5 doses? Or, as I have seen you mention, would you space the dosing out even as far as 3-3.5 days apart? At let's say 12.5mg per dose, this spacing would allow the Enclomiphene remaining in your system to hit almost zero between doses, rather than going for a steady state by dosing every 10.5 hours. Maybe the variation down towards zero more beneficial than steady state?
I've been wondering about this myself. There's more anecdotal evidence built up for Clomid—also supporting the notion that EOD enclomiphene can still be effective. Subjectively I'm finding the EOD dosing to be as good as or better than ED. But I have't checked LH and FSH on the revised protocol to see if they are as good. Even if not, perhaps there are some other benefits to clearing out the enclomiphene before restarting the cycle? One of the reservations I have about enclomiphene is that its effects on all the various estrogen receptors are not fully characterized. This at least leaves the door open for speculation that "variation down towards zero" could be doing something useful.

For monotherapy I would probably opt for EOD dosing, or daily if that wasn't effective. I haven't seen much information suggesting that less frequent dosing would be effective.

Last edited:

txmx

I've been wondering about this myself. There's more anecdotal evidence built up for Clomid—also supporting the notion that EOD enclomiphene can still be effective. Subjectively I'm finding the EOD dosing to be as good as or better than ED. But I have't checked LH and FSH on the revised protocol to see if they are as good. Even if not, perhaps there are some other benefit to clearing out the enclomiphene before restarting the cycle? One of the reservations I have about enclomiphene is that its effects on all the various estrogen receptors are not fully characterized. This at least leaves the door open for speculation that "variation down towards zero" could be doing something useful.

For monotherapy I would probably opt for EOD dosing, or daily if that wasn't effective. I haven't seen much information suggesting that less frequent dosing would be effective.
Thanks. When i was on clomiphene for several years I titrated down to 12.5mg E3D and found it to still be effective from a lab results perspective. However, this may have been due to the much longer half-life of the zuclomiphene isomer. It was never effective subjectively at any dose.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Thanks. When i was on clomiphene for several years I titrated down to 12.5mg E3D and found it to still be effective from a lab results perspective. However, this may have been due to the much longer half-life of the zuclomiphene isomer. It was never effective subjectively at any dose.
Probably not the zuclomiphene. It's a troublemaker unless you really need estrogenic effects for some reason. So you're saying you achieved decent TT/LH/FSH? I guess that shows how potent enclomiphene is. You were getting only around 7-8 mg with each dose.

camygod

do you think enclomiphene is a viable option to replace hcg to keep testicle from shrinking during trt ?

Cataceous

Super Moderator
do you think enclomiphene is a viable option to replace hcg to keep testicle from shrinking during trt ?
It depends what you mean by "viable". The answer for most is "No." Enclomiphene does not prevent the negative feedback from testosterone at the hypothalamus. This blocks production of GnRH, which stops production of luteinizing hormone by the pituitary, which means no signal to the testicles to prevent atrophy. It's possible to bypass the hypothalamus by injecting GnRh—gonadorelin—but this requires multiple daily injections. Most would not consider this to be viable, but I'm an exception.

camygod

It depends what you mean by "viable". The answer for most is "No." Enclomiphene does not prevent the negative feedback from testosterone at the hypothalamus. This blocks production of GnRH, which stops production of luteinizing hormone by the pituitary, which means no signal to the testicles to prevent atrophy. It's possible to bypass the hypothalamus by injecting GnRh—gonadorelin—but this requires multiple daily injections. Most would not consider this to be viable, but I'm an exception.
wht benfits do you think it has then? at least for even you compared to hcg

Cataceous

Super Moderator
wht benfits do you think it has then? at least for even you compared to hcg
Referring to the protocol as a whole: Better orgasm quality, increased ejaculate volume, larger testicular volume, improved libido, better cognition, and a lack of problems associated with elevated estradiol or prolactin.

camygod

Referring to the protocol as a whole: Better orgasm quality, increased ejaculate volume, larger testicular volume, improved libido, better cognition, and a lack of problems associated with elevated estradiol or prolactin.
so many of the things men look for when using hcg

CKO

I came off enclomiphene and started TRT + HCG. My labs looked amazing on enclomiphene, posted below. The problem is that I didn't feel any of the benefits I should with good lab numbers. If my memory is correct, Dr. Saya references on another thread that in enclomiphene still acts on the estrogen receptors, which is why you may not feel the benefits you're looking for. I may go back on enclomiphene down the road. But it would be a very low dose. I personally have only felt better using HCG, nothing else has done much for me, including TRT.

Labs 10/9:
Total T:. 987. (264-916)
Free T: 29.9 (8.7- 25.1)
Estradiol Sensitive: 32.5 (8-35)

TX:. Enclomiphene 12.5 x 3 WK. , Anastrozole .125 x 2 week.

txmx

I came off enclomiphene and started TRT + HCG. My labs looked amazing on enclomiphene, posted below. The problem is that I didn't feel any of the benefits I should with good lab numbers. If my memory is correct, Dr. Saya references on another thread that in enclomiphene still acts on the estrogen receptors, which is why you may not feel the benefits you're looking for. I may go back on enclomiphene down the road. But it would be a very low dose. I personally have only felt better using HCG, nothing else has done much for me, including TRT.

Labs 10/9:
Total T:. 987. (264-916)
Free T: 29.9 (8.7- 25.1)
Estradiol Sensitive: 32.5 (8-35)

TX:. Enclomiphene 12.5 x 3 WK. , Anastrozole .125 x 2 week.
Thanks, CKO. Those are nice labs. What was your Total T baseline before enclomiphene? How long were you on enclomiphene? Why the anastrozole along with enclomiphene? Did you ever try enclomiphene without anastrozole? If so, any different result? Most importantly, if you went back on enclomiphene, how would you change the dosing and why? Thanks again.

CKO

Labs 2/2020
Total T: 470. 280-1100
E2: 25 0-39.9
SHBG: 32. 14-95
Free T:. 10.2 Ng/dL. (calculated)
LH: 2.1. 1.5-9.3

Never went without ai, but I would suspect my E2 would be out of range without it. My preference if I switch back, would be to use HCG with 12.5mg 1-2x week of enclomiphene. This would be entirely up to my doctor. I don't prescribe my own medication.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me