Stop taking Vitamin D already

Buy Lab Tests Online

BigTex

Thanks for clearing that up. Since you posted right under my posting I assumed you were talking about my posting.

Exactly why critical thinking is a must. Let's remember not too long ago, The New England Medical Journal and the Lancet published a study on Covid 19 treatments with HCQ that claimed there was a significantly higher death rate using it. This study was so full of flawed data and outright lies that it had to be retracted. My faith in both journals is very suspect now. Could be the NEJM has not learned their lesson? The job of the editors is to stop junk research like the HCQ study from getting into the journals by administering peer review process. Someone dropped the ball big time. I think all of the 100's of beneficial studies out there kind of speak loudly. But then that is what we should be debating.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gladiator

This is a joke.

Read the fine print before you decide to stop talking vitamin D. I seen this shit on the news and at the end they stated if you have ever had vitamin D deficiency and been prescribed it from your doctor the study means nothing to you. If anyone has ever had vitamin D deficiency like I have you will just laugh at this crap and keep taking it. I actually recently went up on mine after talking to a person at the blood donation centre.

sammmy

This is not a joke.

Posts like the OP are a welcomed balance to the supplement industry hype and the corresponding pseudo-medicine. Every year a new "miracle supplement" appears that "decreases as we age".

Supplementing was going to "cure osteoporosis" (calcium), "prevent a heart attack" (omega's) etc. No wonder this is a billion $$$ industry.

After the initial hype, new studies appear that it doesn't have an effect or it's even harmful. Then a new "break trhough" supplement is promoted and the wash and rinse cycle repeats.

Supplementing vitamins is important only if you are truly deficient.

BigTex

Completely agree with you, I also agree with you that there is more than our fair share of QUACKERY in the supplement and health food industry. Unfortunately the false claims that a supplement cures a health issue is against the law. But by time our FDA ever gets around to doing something about the seller has made millions, closed up shop and formed a new business dong the same thing. Caveat emptor, so you need to do your sure diligence in researching these supplement before spending a dime on them. Even in the protein market there are a whole lot of rip off artist out there selling products.

Here is a great example....I believe the anti-inflammatory powers of Omega 3 are valid and the American diet is way too high in Omega 6 However, this is too much, yet they claim they have sold over 6 million bottles of this expensive Omega 3. Eat fish!

Some of you might be interested in reading Dr. Steven Barrett's QUACK WATCH. Thye have been around for a long time

Last edited:

Mastodont

As a new member i am sorry to challenge the status quo, it does sometimes seem there is a cultish vibe with d supplements, "hero dose" etc. I am open to listen if someone would like to debunk points in this article.

Mastodont

To add, if especially larger doses suppress immunoresponse, it is not surprising if someone benefits from d-dosing, but is it good in the long term, antidepressants are also beneficial to many at least short term, but it is good we are questioning their use more.

BigTex

To add, if especially larger doses suppress immunoresponse, it is not surprising if someone benefits from d-dosing, but is it good in the long term, antidepressants are also beneficial to many at least short term, but it is good we are questioning their use more.
Do high doses really suppress the immunoresponse? Then how can we explain this study. Remember in the hierarchy of legitimacy randomized clinical trials are right up there at the top, much more acceptable than expert opinions. This study clearly demonstrates ho well larger doses of D3 prevented mortality.

In conclusion, the administration of 10,000IU/day of vitamin D3 for 14 days in association with the standard clinical care during hospitalization for COVID-19 was safe, tolerable, and beneficial, thereby helping to improve the prognosis during the recovery process.

Cervero M, López-Wolf D, Casado G, Novella-Mena M, Ryan-Murua P, Taboada-Martínez ML, Rodríguez-Mora S, Vigón L, Coiras M, Torres M. Beneficial Effect of Short-Term Supplementation of High Dose of Vitamin D3 in Hospitalized Patients With COVID-19: A Multicenter, Single-Blinded, Prospective Randomized Pilot Clinical Trial. Front Pharmacol. 2022 Jul 4;13:863587. doi: 10.3389/fphar.2022.863587. PMID: 35860019; PMCID: PMC9289223.

Here is another one

Aranow C. Vitamin D and the immune system. J Investig Med. 2011 Aug;59(6):881-6. doi: 10.2310/JIM.0b013e31821b8755. PMID: 21527855; PMCID: PMC3166406.

"Deficiency in vitamin D is associated with increased autoimmunity and an increased susceptibility to infection. As immune cells in autoimmune diseases are responsive to the ameliorative effects of vitamin D, the beneficial effects of supplementing vitamin D-deficient individuals with autoimmune disease may extend beyond the effects on bone and calcium homeostasis."

More.....

Sheikh V, Kasapoglu P, Zamani A, Basiri Z, Tahamoli-Roudsari A, Alahgholi-Hajibehzad M. Vitamin D3 inhibits the proliferation of T helper cells, downregulate CD4+ T cell cytokines and upregulate inhibitory markers. Hum Immunol. 2018 Jun;79(6):439-445. doi: 10.1016/j.humimm.2018.03.001. Epub 2018 Mar 6. PMID: 29522785.

Abstract​

1 α, 25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 (VitD3) has been suggested to have strong modulatory properties in the immune system. Researchers in the present study primarily aimed to understand the effect of VitD3 on human CD4+ T cell proliferation in antigen presenting cells (APCs) free condition in vitro. The effect of VitD3 on intracellular cytokine responses trend to Th1, Th2, Th17 and Th22 was evaluated using the flow cytometry. Moreover the effect of VitD3 on the expression of inhibitory markers such as PD1, PD-L1, and CTLA4 which are induced upon polyclonal T cell receptor (TCR) activation on CD4+ T cells, was assessed. We observed that the stimulation of CD4+ T cells with VitD3, suppressed proliferation capacity, enhanced the expression of PD1, PD-L1 and CTLA4 inhibitory markers on CD4+ T cells, and diminished the percentage of pro-inflammatory cytokines including, IFN-γ, IL-17, and IL-22 except IL-4 in CD4+ T cells. The data suggested a potential insight into the consideration of VitD3 in the prevention/control of pro-inflammatory immune response/autoimmune disorders.

I could literally go on and on with this but I am sure most of us got the point already. I have never had the media influence any of my decision and most likely would reject anything I hear in the media. On the subject of D3, I have literally spent hundreds of hour reading the available research since the 1st report of Covid 19 hit the media. Like all vitamins I know they each have their own specific importance but I had no idea how specifically important D3 was. D3 is also a very important supplement in cases of long covid cases. I sat down and discussed this in depth with a Houston medical researcher who helped my wife.

Is D3 safe for the long haul?

Maalouf J, Nabulsi M, Vieth R, Kimball S, El-Rassi R, Mahfoud Z, El-Hajj Fuleihan G. Short- and long-term safety of weekly high-dose vitamin D3 supplementation in school children. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2008 Jul;93(7):2693-701. doi: 10.1210/jc.2007-2530. Epub 2008 Apr 29. PMID: 18445674; PMCID: PMC2729206.

Methods: To assess short-term safety, 25 subjects randomly received placebo or vitamin D(3) at doses of 14,000 IU/wk for 8 wk. To assess long-term safety, 340 subjects randomly received placebo, vitamin D(3) as 1,400 IU/wk or 14,000 IU/wk for 1 yr. Biochemical variables were monitored at 0, 2, 4, 6, and 8 wk and 8 wk off therapy in the short-term study and at 0, 6, and 12 months in the long-term study.

Results: In both the short- and long-term studies, mean serum calcium and 1,25-hydroxyvitamin levels did not change in any group. In the short-term study, mean 25-hydroxyvitamin concentrations increased from 44 (+/- 11) to 54 (+/- 19) ng/ml in the treated groups (P = 0.033). In the long-term study, mean 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels increased from 15 +/- 8 to 19 +/- 7 ng/ml (P < 0.0001) in subjects receiving 1,400 IU/wk and from 15 +/- 7 to 36 +/- 22 ng/ml (P < 0.0001) in the group receiving 14,000 IU/wk. No subject developed vitamin D intoxication.

Conclusion:
Vitamin D(3) at doses equivalent to 2000 IU/d for 1 yr is safe in adolescents and results in desirable vitamin D levels.

Once more and I am headed off to bed for the night:

Last edited:

Mastodont

Do high doses really suppress the immunoresponse? Then how can we explain this study. Remember in the hierarchy of legitimacy randomized clinical trials are right up there at the top, much more acceptable than expert opinions. This study clearly demonstrates ho well larger doses of D3 prevented mortality.

In conclusion, the administration of 10,000IU/day of vitamin D3 for 14 days in association with the standard clinical care during hospitalization for COVID-19 was safe, tolerable, and beneficial, thereby helping to improve the prognosis during the recovery process.

Cervero M, López-Wolf D, Casado G, Novella-Mena M, Ryan-Murua P, Taboada-Martínez ML, Rodríguez-Mora S, Vigón L, Coiras M, Torres M. Beneficial Effect of Short-Term Supplementation of High Dose of Vitamin D3 in Hospitalized Patients With COVID-19: A Multicenter, Single-Blinded, Prospective Randomized Pilot Clinical Trial. Front Pharmacol. 2022 Jul 4;13:863587. doi: 10.3389/fphar.2022.863587. PMID: 35860019; PMCID: PMC9289223.

Here is another one

Aranow C. Vitamin D and the immune system. J Investig Med. 2011 Aug;59(6):881-6. doi: 10.2310/JIM.0b013e31821b8755. PMID: 21527855; PMCID: PMC3166406.

"Deficiency in vitamin D is associated with increased autoimmunity and an increased susceptibility to infection. As immune cells in autoimmune diseases are responsive to the ameliorative effects of vitamin D, the beneficial effects of supplementing vitamin D-deficient individuals with autoimmune disease may extend beyond the effects on bone and calcium homeostasis."

More.....

Sheikh V, Kasapoglu P, Zamani A, Basiri Z, Tahamoli-Roudsari A, Alahgholi-Hajibehzad M. Vitamin D3 inhibits the proliferation of T helper cells, downregulate CD4+ T cell cytokines and upregulate inhibitory markers. Hum Immunol. 2018 Jun;79(6):439-445. doi: 10.1016/j.humimm.2018.03.001. Epub 2018 Mar 6. PMID: 29522785.

Abstract​

1 α, 25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 (VitD3) has been suggested to have strong modulatory properties in the immune system. Researchers in the present study primarily aimed to understand the effect of VitD3 on human CD4+ T cell proliferation in antigen presenting cells (APCs) free condition in vitro. The effect of VitD3 on intracellular cytokine responses trend to Th1, Th2, Th17 and Th22 was evaluated using the flow cytometry. Moreover the effect of VitD3 on the expression of inhibitory markers such as PD1, PD-L1, and CTLA4 which are induced upon polyclonal T cell receptor (TCR) activation on CD4+ T cells, was assessed. We observed that the stimulation of CD4+ T cells with VitD3, suppressed proliferation capacity, enhanced the expression of PD1, PD-L1 and CTLA4 inhibitory markers on CD4+ T cells, and diminished the percentage of pro-inflammatory cytokines including, IFN-γ, IL-17, and IL-22 except IL-4 in CD4+ T cells. The data suggested a potential insight into the consideration of VitD3 in the prevention/control of pro-inflammatory immune response/autoimmune disorders.

I could literally go on and on with this but I am sure most of us got the point already. I have never had the media influence any of my decision and most likely would reject anything I hear in the media. On the subject of D3, I have literally spent hundreds of hour reading the available research since the 1st report of Covid 19 hit the media. Like all vitamins I know they each have their own specific importance but I had no idea how specifically important D3 was. D3 is also a very important supplement in cases of long covid cases. I sat down and discussed this in depth with a Houston medical researcher who helped my wife.

Is D3 safe for the long haul?

Maalouf J, Nabulsi M, Vieth R, Kimball S, El-Rassi R, Mahfoud Z, El-Hajj Fuleihan G. Short- and long-term safety of weekly high-dose vitamin D3 supplementation in school children. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2008 Jul;93(7):2693-701. doi: 10.1210/jc.2007-2530. Epub 2008 Apr 29. PMID: 18445674; PMCID: PMC2729206.

Methods: To assess short-term safety, 25 subjects randomly received placebo or vitamin D(3) at doses of 14,000 IU/wk for 8 wk. To assess long-term safety, 340 subjects randomly received placebo, vitamin D(3) as 1,400 IU/wk or 14,000 IU/wk for 1 yr. Biochemical variables were monitored at 0, 2, 4, 6, and 8 wk and 8 wk off therapy in the short-term study and at 0, 6, and 12 months in the long-term study.

Results: In both the short- and long-term studies, mean serum calcium and 1,25-hydroxyvitamin levels did not change in any group. In the short-term study, mean 25-hydroxyvitamin concentrations increased from 44 (+/- 11) to 54 (+/- 19) ng/ml in the treated groups (P = 0.033). In the long-term study, mean 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels increased from 15 +/- 8 to 19 +/- 7 ng/ml (P < 0.0001) in subjects receiving 1,400 IU/wk and from 15 +/- 7 to 36 +/- 22 ng/ml (P < 0.0001) in the group receiving 14,000 IU/wk. No subject developed vitamin D intoxication.

Conclusion:
Vitamin D(3) at doses equivalent to 2000 IU/d for 1 yr is safe in adolescents and results in desirable vitamin D levels.

Once more and I am headed off to bed for the night:

That study states just that, preventing a cytokine storm is suppressing the too harsh immune reaction. As you also quoted above;
"Deficiency in vitamin D is associated with increased autoimmunity and an increased susceptibility to infection." So it might again be correlation not causation, also if you screen people seeking medical attention you will probably find many with low levels.

Short term use of hormone d in isolation, in larger doses or whatever, to suppress an autoimmune reaction might be a good idea, many also seem to benefit from antihistamines like loratadine when their FLU(rip) lingers on. In general i would not try to always block the flu, i believe it has a function. Chronic use of isolated d in doses seems to potentially have many downsides, even though those schoolchildren did not show signs in the selected parametres, as i understand it ionized calcium should be measured, and DHVD may not be sufficient by itself:

"

Interpretation​

1,25-Dihydroxyvitamin D (DVHD) concentrations are low in chronic renal failure and hypoparathyroidism.

DVHD concentrations are high in sarcoidosis and other granulomatous diseases, some malignancies, primary hyperparathyroidism, and physiologic hyperparathyroidism.

DVHD concentrations are not a reliable indicator of vitamin D toxicity; normal (or even low) results may be seen in such cases."

Also those kids probably have their system running flawlessly to maintain balance(they probably did not have low D which suggests they were healthy), whereas adults deficient in hormone d levels probably have health issues that might affect how exogenous things work. Again possible correlation not causation.

Thanks anyway, interesting and noted.

Phil Goodman

As a new member i am sorry to challenge the status quo, it does sometimes seem there is a cultish vibe with d supplements, "hero dose" etc. I am open to listen if someone would like to debunk points in this article.

Nothing wrong with challenging current understanding or assumptions. And I completely agree with the poster in this thread who pointed out how much the supplement industry is flooded with products that are useless at best and harmful at worst. And we’ve all seen some absolutely laughable studies used to conclude a supplement is helpful. It’s always good to review our understandings since it’s possible we’re wrong, and new information comes out occasionally.

As far as that article, not sure exactly what you’re wanting us to look into/debunk. When you see stuff like this:

“Obviously I’m not a medical doctor or a researcher. What I’m sharing is what I’ve come across or turned up in my own search for answers.”

And this

“Kristin, the founder of Sassy Holistics, also does not recommend “blind supplementation” which is effectively what’s happening these last two years. For her, “isolated, synthetic Vitamin D makes us absorb calcium in all the wrong places, it is hard on our liver and kidneys, it destroys Vitamin A stores, as well as potassium and magnesium.” Furthermore, she sees “adrenal fatigue, thyroid disorders, renal failure, insomnia, kidney stones, and even hospitalizations” for low potassium and high blood pressure as well as calcification of the placenta, as a result of supplementation of isolated Vitamin D.”

You should look into the source for their claims.

At the bottom where the author links studies, I just see a few articles about studies and then links to more articles or youtube videos. And this is from one of the “studies”

Methods: Low serum 25(OH)D is also found in healthy persons exposed to adequate sunlight. Despite increased vitamin D supplementation inflammatory diseases are increasing. The current method of determining vitamin D status may be at fault.

Conclusion: Some authorities now believe that low 25(OH)D is a consequence of chronic inflammation rather than the cause.

That is not a method. That’s just someone going, “well, more people are supplementing vitamin d and public health is getting worse so it’s ok to conclude that vitamin d doesn’t help.”

That’s honestly such a bad way to present “information” that I find it laughable. And that’s not to knock you, just an example of why we should look through the sources being used to make these claims.

Mastodont

Nothing wrong with challenging current understanding or assumptions. And I completely agree with the poster in this thread who pointed out how much the supplement industry is flooded with products that are useless at best and harmful at worst. And we’ve all seen some absolutely laughable studies used to conclude a supplement is helpful. It’s always good to review our understandings since it’s possible we’re wrong, and new information comes out occasionally.

As far as that article, not sure exactly what you’re wanting us to look into/debunk. When you see stuff like this:

“Obviously I’m not a medical doctor or a researcher. What I’m sharing is what I’ve come across or turned up in my own search for answers.”

And this

“Kristin, the founder of Sassy Holistics, also does not recommend “blind supplementation” which is effectively what’s happening these last two years. For her, “isolated, synthetic Vitamin D makes us absorb calcium in all the wrong places, it is hard on our liver and kidneys, it destroys Vitamin A stores, as well as potassium and magnesium.” Furthermore, she sees “adrenal fatigue, thyroid disorders, renal failure, insomnia, kidney stones, and even hospitalizations” for low potassium and high blood pressure as well as calcification of the placenta, as a result of supplementation of isolated Vitamin D.”

You should look into the source for their claims.

At the bottom where the author links studies, I just see a few articles about studies and then links to more articles or youtube videos. And this is from one of the “studies”

Methods: Low serum 25(OH)D is also found in healthy persons exposed to adequate sunlight. Despite increased vitamin D supplementation inflammatory diseases are increasing. The current method of determining vitamin D status may be at fault.

Conclusion: Some authorities now believe that low 25(OH)D is a consequence of chronic inflammation rather than the cause.

That is not a method. That’s just someone going, “well, more people are supplementing vitamin d and public health is getting worse so it’s ok to conclude that vitamin d doesn’t help.”

That’s honestly such a bad way to present “information” that I find it laughable. And that’s not to knock you, just an example of why we should look through the sources being used to make these claims.
Yeah i did see how easy it was to shoot the messenger here, i found it as more of a summary and a good list of authors to check out, i think a lot of it is derived from Morley Robbins work, i have not looked much into the other names work mentioned, but his stuff is backed up by research and really makes sense, iron-copper metabolism, deficiencies(mag especially), ceruloplasmin and cellular health, and how it all binds together. You could watch one of his interviews on youtube where he breaks it down very well, "my theory of everything" for example. Here is another article with perhaps better references.

BigTex

@ Systemlord....I am curious, why were you taking 18,000 IU of vitamin D3?

Here is another rather interesting study:

Hossein-nezhad A, Spira A, Holick MF. Influence of vitamin D status and vitamin D3 supplementation on genome wide expression of white blood cells: a randomized double-blind clinical trial. PLoS One. 2013;8(3):e58725. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0058725. Epub 2013 Mar 20. PMID: 23527013; PMCID: PMC3604145.

Conclusion/Significance​

Our data suggest that any improvement in vitamin D status will significantly affect expression of genes that have a wide variety of biologic functions of more than 160 pathways linked to cancer, autoimmune disorders and cardiovascular disease with have been associated with vitamin D deficiency. This study reveals for the first time molecular finger prints that help explain the nonskeletal health benefits of vitamin D.

Now, I do see a lot of thing D3 does touted that have been show to not be so true.

Montenegro KR, Cruzat V, Melder H, Jacques A, Newsholme P, Ducker KJ. Vitamin D Supplementation Does Not Impact Resting Metabolic Rate, Body Composition and Strength in Vitamin D Sufficient Physically Active Adults. Nutrients. 2020 Oct 12;12(10):3111. doi: 10.3390/nu12103111. PMID: 33053823; PMCID: PMC7601703.

Abstract and figures
Supplementation with the most efficient form of Vitamin D (VitD3) results in improvements in energy metabolism, muscle mass and strength in VitD deficient individuals. Whether similar outcomes occur in VitD sufficient individuals' remains to be elucidated. The aim of this study is to determine the effect of VitD3 supplementation on resting metabolic rate (RMR), body composition and strength in VitD sufficient physically active young adults. Participants completed pre-supplementation testing before being matched for sunlight exposure and randomly allocated in a counterbalanced manner to the VitD3 or placebo group. Following 12 weeks of 50 IU/kg body-mass VitD3 supplementation, participants repeated the pre-supplementation testing. Thirty-one adults completed the study (19 females and 12 males; mean ± standard deviation (SD); age = 26.6 ± 4.9 years; BMI = 24.2 ± 4.1 kg·m 2). The VitD group increased serum total 25(OH)D by 30 nmol/L while the placebo group decreased total serum concentration by 21 nmol/L, reaching 123 (51) and 53 (42.2) nmol/L, respectively. There were no significant changes in muscle strength or power, resting metabolic rate and body composition over the 12-week period. Physically active young adults that are VitD sufficient have demonstrated that no additional physiological effects of achieving supraphysiological serum total 25(OH)D concentrations after VitD3 supplementation.

OK, this was in physically active adults. How about elite level athletes, do we get the same results?

Alimoradi K, Nikooyeh B, Ravasi AA, Zahedirad M, Shariatzadeh N, Kalayi A, Neyestani TR. Efficacy of Vitamin D Supplementation in Physical Performance of Iranian Elite Athletes. Int J Prev Med. 2019 Jun 7;10:100. doi: 10.4103/ijpvm.IJPVM_227_18. PMID: 31360347; PMCID: PMC6592128.

Abstract​

Background: There has been no report of the vitamin D status of the professional athletes from Iran to date. This study was performed to evaluate the efficacy of weekly vitamin D supplementation on athletic performance in Iranian athletes expedited to Asian competition in Taipei, China, 2015.
Methods: This study was a randomized controlled clinical trial. Seventy subjects were enrolled in the study. The athletes were randomly divided into two groups: vitamin D supplement (D; received 50,000 IU of vitamin D supplement weekly) and control (P, received a placebo weekly). Duration of the study was 8 weeks. Anthropometric, dietary, athletic performance, and biochemical evaluations were performed for all subjects in the beginning and in the end of the intervention period.
Results: A significant rise in circulating 25(OH)D concentration was observed in D group (17.3 ± 16.9 ng/mL, P < 0.001), whereas in P group, there was a statistically significant decrement (-3.1 ± 8.4 ng/mL, P = 0.040). There were no either within- or between-group significant differences in Ergo jump, vertical jump, and agility tests. In strength leg press tests, both groups showed a significant improvement. However, comparisons of changes revealed that the improvement in D group was significantly higher than in P group (P = 0.034). Moreover, in sprint test (one repetition-Max, 1RM), only D group had a significant within-group improvement (P = 0.030).
Conclusions: Weekly supplementation with 50,000 IU vitamin D resulted in nearly 17 ng/mL increment in circulating calcidiol. This increase was associated with significant improvement of power leg press and sprint tests in D-supplemented group.

WOW! 50,000IU? Makes Systemlord's dose look very small. However the hyper-supplementation seemed to affect power and speed in elite athletes. Interesting.

Systemlord

@ Systemlord....I am curious, why were you taking 18,000 IU of vitamin D3?
I was deficient, levels were 15. When I started the vitamin D supplement I started getting these symptoms about a week into it. I thought I needed more vitamin D.

Those symptoms started resolving on the first day of taking vitamin K. Two weeks into the vitamin K supplementation (8 capsules = 800 mcg), my vitamin K levels are at the bottom of the normal ranges.

Last edited:

BigTex

That was 18,000 IU daily, so that's 126,000 IU weekly.
Thanks! WOW! That is a lot of D3, I believe I read where 60,000iu can cause hypervitaminosis. As you are aware already this can causes a buildup of calcium in your blood (hypercalcemia), which can cause nausea and vomiting, weakness, and frequent urination. Vitamin D toxicity might progress to bone pain and kidney problems, such as the formation of calcium stones.

Phil Goodman

Yeah i did see how easy it was to shoot the messenger here, i found it as more of a summary and a good list of authors to check out, i think a lot of it is derived from Morley Robbins work, i have not looked much into the other names work mentioned, but his stuff is backed up by research and really makes sense, iron-copper metabolism, deficiencies(mag especially), ceruloplasmin and cellular health, and how it all binds together. You could watch one of his interviews on youtube where he breaks it down very well, "my theory of everything" for example. Here is another article with perhaps better references.

Good share and I think he probably makes some good points. There could be lots of internal factors affecting vitamin d levels, and it’s important to tackle the issue using a multi-pronged approach. That being said, just because there are internal factors that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t try to make sure we get plenty of vitamin d. As he points out, exposure to sunlight is important as is getting it in your diet. But one thing that seems contradictory is implying that supplements won’t work because you need to get it from sunlight while also saying a person should make sure they get plenty in their diet.

But again though, that’s a good find and highlights the importance of addressing the issue from many angles.

Mastodont

Good share and I think he probably makes some good points. There could be lots of internal factors affecting vitamin d levels, and it’s important to tackle the issue using a multi-pronged approach. That being said, just because there are internal factors that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t try to make sure we get plenty of vitamin d. As he points out, exposure to sunlight is important as is getting it in your diet. But one thing that seems contradictory is implying that supplements won’t work because you need to get it from sunlight while also saying a person should make sure they get plenty in their diet.

But again though, that’s a good find and highlights the importance of addressing the issue from many angles.
The point is that isolated is the problem, there is a valid explanation for this if you check it out, it is good to keep in mind that we got this far with dietary sources like fish, it does not seem that people are getting healthier with the current anti-wholefoods model of living, still not all supplements are bad, for example morley robbins promotes mag supplementation and i don't see a problem there as it is not a hormone that the body regulates and the deficiency is real.

BigTex

There is a very good immunologist here in Houston that my saw quite a few times. They were some of the first to successfully treat Covid-19 and the 1st to recognize that Long COvid-19 was not a figment of patients imaginations. One of the regiments my wife was put on with the Long Covid was Vitamin D3 and Omega 3. She is now free of the Long Covid-19. Why does he use D3? Here is his explanation:

D3.JPG

Nogues X, Ovejero D, Pineda-Moncusí M, Bouillon R, Arenas D, Pascual J, Ribes A, Guerri-Fernandez R, Villar-Garcia J, Rial A, Gimenez-Argente C, Cos ML, Rodriguez-Morera J, Campodarve I, Quesada-Gomez JM, Garcia-Giralt N. Calcifediol Treatment and COVID-19-Related Outcomes. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2021 Sep 27;106(10):e4017-e4027. doi: 10.1210/clinem/dgab405. PMID: 34097036; PMCID: PMC8344647.
Calcifediol Treatment and COVID-19-Related Outcomes - PubMed

Conclusion: In patients hospitalized with COVID-19, calcifediol treatment significantly reduced ICU admission and mortality.

Ok, did this happen by magic?

Entrenas Castillo M, Entrenas Costa LM, Vaquero Barrios JM, Alcalá Díaz JF, López Miranda J, Bouillon R, Quesada Gomez JM. "Effect of calcifediol treatment and best available therapy versus best available therapy on intensive care unit admission and mortality among patients hospitalized for COVID-19: A pilot randomized clinical study". J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2020 Oct;203:105751. doi: 10.1016/j.jsbmb.2020.105751. Epub 2020 Aug 29. PMID: 32871238; PMCID: PMC7456194.

"Effect of calcifediol treatment and best available therapy versus best available therapy on intensive care unit admission and mortality among patients hospitalized for COVID-19: A pilot randomized clinical study" - PubMed

Conclusion: Our pilot study demonstrated that administration of a high dose of Calcifediol or 25-hydroxyvitamin D, a main metabolite of vitamin D endocrine system, significantly reduced the need for ICU treatment of patients requiring hospitalization due to proven COVID-19. Calcifediol seems to be able to reduce severity of the disease, but larger trials with groups properly matched will be required to show a definitive answer.

Seems to be working in real world situations.

Fiore V, De Vito A, Bagella P, Princic E, Mariani AA, Denti L, Fois AG, Madeddu G, Babudieri S, Maida I. Effectiveness of Vitamin D Supplements among Patients Hospitalized for COVID-19: Results from a Monocentric Matched-Cohort Study. Healthcare (Basel). 2022 May 22;10(5):956. doi: 10.3390/healthcare10050956. PMID: 35628093; PMCID: PMC9141918.

Effectiveness of Vitamin D Supplements among Patients Hospitalized for COVID-19: Results from a Monocentric Matched-Cohort Study - PubMed

Methods: We conducted a retrospective, monocentric matched-cohort study, including patients attending our ward for COVID-19. Patients were divided into two groups depending on VitD3 administration (Group A) or not (Group B) among patients with low VitD levels (defined as blood levels &lt; 30 ng/mL), which depended on physicians' judgment. Our internal protocol provides VitD3 100,000 UI/daily for two days.

Group A patients were less likely to undergo NIV [Group A vs. Group B = 12 vs. 23 (p = 0.026)] and showed an improvement in almost all inflammatory parameters.

Conclusions: The link between VitD3 deficiency and the clinical course of COVID-19 during hospitalization suggests that VitD3 level is a useful prognostic marker. Considering the safety of supplementation and the low cost, VitD3 replacement should be considered among SARS-CoV-2 infected patients needing hospitalization.

Again, a link has been established showing improvements in almost all inflammatory parameters, According to this study, VitD3 supplement should be considered in patients needing hospitalization, especially considering the safety and low cost.

Entrenas Castillo M, Entrenas Costa LM, Vaquero Barrios JM, Alcalá Díaz JF, López Miranda J, Bouillon R, Quesada Gomez JM. "Effect of calcifediol treatment and best available therapy versus best available therapy on intensive care unit admission and mortality among patients hospitalized for COVID-19: A pilot randomized clinical study". J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2020 Oct;203:105751. doi: 10.1016/j.jsbmb.2020.105751. Epub 2020 Aug 29. PMID: 32871238; PMCID: PMC7456194.

“Effect of calcifediol treatment and best available therapy versus best available therapy on intensive care unit admission and mortality among patients hospitalized for COVID-19: A pilot randomized clinical study”

Conclusion

Our pilot study demonstrated that administration of a high dose of Calcifediol or 25-hydroxyvitamin D, a main metabolite of vitamin D endocrine system, significantly reduced the need for ICU treatment of patients requiring hospitalization due to proven COVID-19. Calcifediol seems to be able to reduce severity of the disease, but larger trials with groups properly matched will be required to show a definitive answer.

More successful use in a real world situation.

Malaguarnera L. Vitamin D3 as Potential Treatment Adjuncts for COVID-19. Nutrients. 2020 Nov 14;12(11):3512. doi: 10.3390/nu12113512. PMID: 33202670; PMCID: PMC7697253. Vitamin D3 as Potential Treatment Adjuncts for COVID-19

Vitamin D and its receptor vitamin D receptor (VDR) exert a critical role in infections due to their remarkable impact on both innate and adaptive immune responses and on the suppression of the inflammatory process. The protective properties of vitamin D supplementation have been supported by numerous observational studies and by meta-analysis of clinical trials for prevention of viral acute respiratory infection.

Use as a prophylactic?

Low cost and real world success, I went 2 1/2 years teaching in the public around people infected with Covid-19, day after day and never got sick. I was it worth the money I spent on Vitamin D? Was it worth taking the chance? Again, back in the 70's we took anabolic steroids when the pharma industry showed evidence that they did not enhance athletic ability. Yet those of us in real world situations anecdotally got amazing results from them year after year. I am still amazed at how many discredit observational studies and anecdotal reports from those in the trenches. How much literature shows hGH does nothing to increase muscle mass, yet pros are using it every day to do just that? Are there any case studies investigating the use in professional bodybuilders or other elite level athletes at the mega doses they use, in combination with big doses of steroids. Many times science either hasn't investigated or they just haven't come up with all the answers. Which certainly doesn't mean people are not getting results. But then how many who are so careful, jumped right on the covid vaccines while it was still very much experimental and still in the clinical trial stage.

With a large percentage of Americans deficient in Vitamin D and the media/medical community discouraging us from getting in the sun, we certainly need to start taking this issue seriously. There is certainly lots of evidence pointing to the importance of Vitamin D in the immune system.

JayD

These are my bloods from taking 10'000iu of D3 and K2, plus 15mg of zinc over the last 12 months. My theory was to bolster my immune system for the Chy'na virus, which I ended up getting but was mild and lasted 3 days.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220813-144954~2.png
    Screenshot_20220813-144954~2.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20220813-145216~2.png
    Screenshot_20220813-145216~2.png
    3 KB · Views: 29
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men