Stop taking Vitamin D already

Buy Lab Tests Online

sammmy

The Omicron BA.5 is the current predominant strain and the vast majority of people go through it as if a mild cold, without supplementing any vitamin D.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

andrewBwinter

Do high doses really suppress the immunoresponse? Then how can we explain this study. Remember in the hierarchy of legitimacy randomized clinical trials are right up there at the top, much more acceptable than expert opinions. This study clearly demonstrates ho well larger doses of D3 prevented mortality.

In conclusion, the administration of 10,000IU/day of vitamin D3 for 14 days in association with the standard clinical care during hospitalization for COVID-19 was safe, tolerable, and beneficial, thereby helping to improve the prognosis during the recovery process.

Cervero M, López-Wolf D, Casado G, Novella-Mena M, Ryan-Murua P, Taboada-Martínez ML, Rodríguez-Mora S, Vigón L, Coiras M, Torres M. Beneficial Effect of Short-Term Supplementation of High Dose of Vitamin D3 in Hospitalized Patients With COVID-19: A Multicenter, Single-Blinded, Prospective Randomized Pilot Clinical Trial. Front Pharmacol. 2022 Jul 4;13:863587. doi: 10.3389/fphar.2022.863587. PMID: 35860019; PMCID: PMC9289223.

Here is another one

Aranow C. Vitamin D and the immune system. J Investig Med. 2011 Aug;59(6):881-6. doi: 10.2310/JIM.0b013e31821b8755. PMID: 21527855; PMCID: PMC3166406.

"Deficiency in vitamin D is associated with increased autoimmunity and an increased susceptibility to infection. As immune cells in autoimmune diseases are responsive to the ameliorative effects of vitamin D, the beneficial effects of supplementing vitamin D-deficient individuals with autoimmune disease may extend beyond the effects on bone and calcium homeostasis."

More.....

Sheikh V, Kasapoglu P, Zamani A, Basiri Z, Tahamoli-Roudsari A, Alahgholi-Hajibehzad M. Vitamin D3 inhibits the proliferation of T helper cells, downregulate CD4+ T cell cytokines and upregulate inhibitory markers. Hum Immunol. 2018 Jun;79(6):439-445. doi: 10.1016/j.humimm.2018.03.001. Epub 2018 Mar 6. PMID: 29522785.

Abstract​

1 α, 25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 (VitD3) has been suggested to have strong modulatory properties in the immune system. Researchers in the present study primarily aimed to understand the effect of VitD3 on human CD4+ T cell proliferation in antigen presenting cells (APCs) free condition in vitro. The effect of VitD3 on intracellular cytokine responses trend to Th1, Th2, Th17 and Th22 was evaluated using the flow cytometry. Moreover the effect of VitD3 on the expression of inhibitory markers such as PD1, PD-L1, and CTLA4 which are induced upon polyclonal T cell receptor (TCR) activation on CD4+ T cells, was assessed. We observed that the stimulation of CD4+ T cells with VitD3, suppressed proliferation capacity, enhanced the expression of PD1, PD-L1 and CTLA4 inhibitory markers on CD4+ T cells, and diminished the percentage of pro-inflammatory cytokines including, IFN-γ, IL-17, and IL-22 except IL-4 in CD4+ T cells. The data suggested a potential insight into the consideration of VitD3 in the prevention/control of pro-inflammatory immune response/autoimmune disorders.

I could literally go on and on with this but I am sure most of us got the point already. I have never had the media influence any of my decision and most likely would reject anything I hear in the media. On the subject of D3, I have literally spent hundreds of hour reading the available research since the 1st report of Covid 19 hit the media. Like all vitamins I know they each have their own specific importance but I had no idea how specifically important D3 was. D3 is also a very important supplement in cases of long covid cases. I sat down and discussed this in depth with a Houston medical researcher who helped my wife.

Is D3 safe for the long haul?

Maalouf J, Nabulsi M, Vieth R, Kimball S, El-Rassi R, Mahfoud Z, El-Hajj Fuleihan G. Short- and long-term safety of weekly high-dose vitamin D3 supplementation in school children. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2008 Jul;93(7):2693-701. doi: 10.1210/jc.2007-2530. Epub 2008 Apr 29. PMID: 18445674; PMCID: PMC2729206.

Methods: To assess short-term safety, 25 subjects randomly received placebo or vitamin D(3) at doses of 14,000 IU/wk for 8 wk. To assess long-term safety, 340 subjects randomly received placebo, vitamin D(3) as 1,400 IU/wk or 14,000 IU/wk for 1 yr. Biochemical variables were monitored at 0, 2, 4, 6, and 8 wk and 8 wk off therapy in the short-term study and at 0, 6, and 12 months in the long-term study.

Results: In both the short- and long-term studies, mean serum calcium and 1,25-hydroxyvitamin levels did not change in any group. In the short-term study, mean 25-hydroxyvitamin concentrations increased from 44 (+/- 11) to 54 (+/- 19) ng/ml in the treated groups (P = 0.033). In the long-term study, mean 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels increased from 15 +/- 8 to 19 +/- 7 ng/ml (P < 0.0001) in subjects receiving 1,400 IU/wk and from 15 +/- 7 to 36 +/- 22 ng/ml (P < 0.0001) in the group receiving 14,000 IU/wk. No subject developed vitamin D intoxication.

Conclusion:
Vitamin D(3) at doses equivalent to 2000 IU/d for 1 yr is safe in adolescents and results in desirable vitamin D levels.

Once more and I am headed off to bed for the night:

Good post @BigTex.

I am on day two of CV-19 purgatory and have added Vit D daily in hopes it will lessen the impact. The whole thing just feels like a bad cold right now and I look forward to moving around again.

andrewBwinter

I experienced a suppressed immunoresponse when I was talking 18,000 IU D3 daily for 2 months. I started getting ear infections and that strange smell I get right before a cold.

Once I stopped the mega dose of vitamin D supplements, these symptoms vanished.
At the age of 57 I felt like an 85 year old with a walker when I wasn't at the gym. I cut out everything that wasn't 2.5mg of "Tada!" and trt. Magically I felt 100% better. Juicing fruits and veg is now my supplement of choice.

BigTex

I feel your pain @andrewBwinter. My wife and I both came down with this crap about 2 months ago. It was like a cold and we both had low energy. Took a week out of the gym and just slept and were back going again. It never even affected my appetite but did kill my sense of smell. Neither of us had this vaccine either.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me