Stinging nettle root extract increase testosterone?

Buy Lab Tests Online

T4 Life

Has anyone had any success using stinging nettle root extract while on TRT to increase their free T level?

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Tai

Hey t4. I've tried it in the past, did my blood work before and after, and it had zero effect on my test levels. D-aspartic acid works much better, i would suggest looking into that.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
It does not increase T levels.

The most promising herb with human (not mice or rat) data right now is Eurycoma longifolia, Tongkat Ali.

This is information from their Malaysia based manufacturer:

Supports optimal testosterone levels
Seven extensive clinical studies [3,4,5,8,9,11,12] were conducted from 20-76 subjects looking across various health statuses (healthy, men with late onset hypogonadism, stressed, mountain bikers, elderly) showed increase in free and total testosterone within normal high limits and was safe. Physta® may also be considered as a natural alternative to testosterone replacement therapy[14].

Promotes vitality & well being (improved QoL, healthy aging and good metabolism)
Four clinical studies [8,9,10,11] with up to 109 subjects showed improvement in various measures of Quality of Life (QoL) scales such as SF-36, POMS and AMS. Results indicate significant increase in physical function, vitality and feeling younger (through reduction of Aging Male Symptoms, AMS scores). It has also been shown to increase fat free mass in overweight subjects, BMI > 25kg/m2 [10].

Combats stress
Three clinical trials [8,9,10] have shown improvement of anxiety and weakness related domains in AMS. A recently published study [11] showed improvement in stress hormones profile and mode states via POMS. They concluded that Physta® supplementation is an “effective approach to shielding the body from the detrimental effects of "modern" chronic stress, which may include general day-to-day stress, as well as the stress of dieting, sleep deprivation, and exercise training”.

Improves sexual and reproductive health
Three clinical trials [6,9,10] and another in progress continues to establish proof of Physta®’s ability to increase libido, sexual performance & satisfaction, fertility as well as semen volume and sperm quality.

Benefits men & women
Tongkat Ali has documented traditional use in women for post-partum application to support recovery and energy. In a clinical trial looking at active elderly women [12], Physta® has been shown to increase muscle strength and supports healthy testosterone levels in women that is vital for energy and libido. Findings were consistent with another clinical trial of Tongkat Ali in middle-aged women [7].

Enhanced strength & physical performance
Early studies in sporting and physical performance of Tongkat Ali [1,2,7] is consistent with more recent finding on Physta® with regards to increasing muscle strength [12], improved body measurements [9]; fat free mass [10]. A study [13] also indicates that supplementation of Physta® at a dosage of 400 mg per day for 6 weeks will not affect the urinary T:E ratio and hence will not breach adherent doping policies.

References:

1. Sareena, H.H. and Ashril, Y (2002). A preliminary study on the anabolic effect of Eurycoma longifolia Jack. 12th Commonwealth International Sport Conference. Abstract Presentation

2. Hamzah, S and Yusuf, A (2003). The ergogenic effects of Eurycoma longifolia Jack: A pilot study. British Journal of Sports Medicine.BASEM Abstract 37:465-466

3.Tambi, M.I (2005). Standardized water soluble extract of Eurycoma longifolia(LJ100) on men’s health. Free Communications- F07. International Journal of Andrology. Vol. 28(Suppl 1):25-44

4. Talbott, S., Talbott, J. Negrete, J. Jones, M., Nichols, M. and Roza, J. (2006). Effect of Eurycoma longifolia extract on anabolic balance during endurance exercise. Journal of International Society of Sport Medicine 3 (1): S32

5. Tambi, M.I (2009). Nutrients and botanicals for optimizing men’s health: Examining the evidence for Eurycoma longifolia jack, the Malaysian Ginseng in men’s health. Asian Journal of Andrology. Vol. 11(5):25-95.

6. Tambi, M.I. & Imran, K (2010). Jack in managing idiopathic male infertility. Asian Journal of Andrology (2010). 12:376-380

7. Sarina, M.Y. (2009). Effects of strength training and Tongkat Ali (Eurycoma longifolia) supplementation on strength and muscle size in middle-aged women. Asia-Pacific Conference on Exercise and Sport Science International Sports Science Conference.

8. Tambi MI, Imran MK, Henkel RR (2011). Standardised water-soluble extract of Eurycoma longifolia (Tongkat ali), as testosterone booster for managing men with late-onset hypogonadism? Andrologia doi: 10.1111/j.1439-0272.2011.01168.x. pg 1-5.

9. Effects of a Proprietary Freeze-dried Water Extract of Eurycoma longifolia on Sexual Performance and Well-being in Men with Reduced Sexual Potency. Udani J, Gruenwald J, Miller M, George A, Mufiza M, Abas A (2011). Abstract presented at the ‘Natural Supplements: An Evidence-Based Update’ conference by ‘The Scripps Center for Integrative Medicine’ held on January 20-22, 2012 at The Hilton San Diego Bayfront, San Diego, California

10. Shaiful Bahari Ismail, Wan Mohd Zahiruddin Wan Mohammad, Annie George, Nik Hazlina Nik Hussain, Zatul Mufiza Musthapa Kamal, and Eckehard Liske (2012). “Randomized Clinical Trial on the Use of PHYSTA Freeze-Dried Water Extract of Eurycoma longifolia for the Improvement of Quality of Life and Sexual Well-Being in Men,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2012, Article ID 429268, 10 pages. doi:10.1155/2012/429268

11. Talbott SM, Talbott JA, George A, Pugh M (2013) Effect of Tongkat Ali on stress hormones and psychological mood state in moderately stressed subjects. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2013 May 26;10(1):28. [Epub ahead of print]

12. Henkel RR, Wang R, Bassett S, Chen T, Liu N, Zhu Y, Tambi MI (2013) Tongkat Ali as a Potential Herbal Supplement for Physically Active Male and Female Seniors—A Pilot Study. Phytother. Res. Published online in Wiley Online Library (wileyonlinelibrary.com) DOI: 10.1002/ptr.5017

13. George A, Liske E, Chen CH and Ismail SB (2013) The Eurycoma Longifolia Freeze Dried Water Extract – Physta® Does not Change Normal Ratios of Testosterone to Epitestosterone in Healthy Males. J Sports Med Doping Stud. 3:127. doi: 10.4172/2161-0673.1000127

14. George A, Henkel R (2014) Phytoandrogenic properties of Eurycoma longifolia as natural alternative to testosterone replacement therapy. Andrologia. 2014 Jan 6. doi: 10.1111/and.12214.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me