Starting TRT - Tips , Advice , Experience

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

TucsonJJ

You should be able to lift fine on trt.
Left arm pain is a little odd. Maybe a strained muscle? @Gman86
I agree... sure should be able to hold a 7lb trimmer up on and off for 30 minutes! Jeeze! Just read a interesting post about a guy feeling lightheaded to the point of almost fainting... thinks his blood sugar crashed on TRT, 3 weeks into it... this might be my problem... I have a glucometer from my late brother (RIP) and will check it in the AM... I am due to pin again tomorrow, so will not likely see any low readings until Tues AM... already ate today... but I am hopeful this is my problem... I think I can deal with low blood sugar... with the help of Ben and Jerry...!! Or maybe just a glass of OJ... I hope IF I continue TRT... this will moderate... I have been trying to eat nothing or a small snack instead of dinner... that may have made it worse...
Left arm weakness at nearly 64? Dang, that did nothing for my occasional anxiety!!

Gman86

You should be able to lift fine on trt.
Left arm pain is a little odd. Maybe a strained muscle? @Gman86

Sounds like pinching of nerves to me. If it were heart related it would be more pain than weakness, and he’d be out of breath at the same time, and most likely lightheaded. Sounds more to me like nerves are getting pinched. @TucsonJJ have u gained any weight since starting TRT?

TucsonJJ

Sounds like pinching of nerves to me. If it were heart related it would be more pain than weakness, and he’d be out of breath at the same time, and most likely lightheaded. Sounds more to me like nerves are getting pinched. @TucsonJJ have u gained any weight since starting TRT?
thanks for the feedback... I was VERY lightheaded, but I think I have it now... low blood sugar! I will check mine in the AM (already ate today and feel better)... and especially AM Tues after pinning again tomorrow... but I think this may well be it... great news... I can deal with low blood sugar!

swoops36

Did you lift weights during that first 8 weeks? I am still concerned about having noticable muscle weakness after holding up a dang hedge trimmer for 20-30 minutes... left arm still feels weak this morning... I couldn't be in THAT bad of shape after missing the gym for a few months! Lifted regularly for many years before this COVID stuff...
I didn’t lift much. I got a cold during the first week (always happens when I start Test), but after about the 5-6 week mark is when I had the motivation back to go to the gym again

swoops36

I didn’t lift much. I got a cold during the first week (always happens when I start Test), but after about the 5-6 week mark is when I had the motivation back to go to the gym again
I should add the hedge clipper thing sounds like maybe a separate issue?

TucsonJJ

I should add the hedge clipper thing sounds like maybe a separate issue?
Thx, I think it is all related to low blood sugar... I was so frustrated as to why the heck I was feeling crappy and most do not... I eat very little sugar and not many carbs... skip dinner often... I read that testosterone can lower blood sugar... and being in a hypoglycemic condition can cause muscle weakness... sure seems to fit... will start testing my glucose levels, probably Tues morning after I pin again tomorrow...
BTW: Ate a protein bar (Clif Builders Protein Choco-mint, yummy) and felt much better... maybe all in the head, but doubt it...

Gman86

thanks for the feedback... I was VERY lightheaded, but I think I have it now... low blood sugar! I will check mine in the AM (already ate today and feel better)... and especially AM Tues after pinning again tomorrow... but I think this may well be it... great news... I can deal with low blood sugar!

Ya keep us posted. Curious if it ends up being blood sugar fluctuations that were the cause

TucsonJJ

Awful how?
Hey, rabbit... would you mind describing just how you felt? I've been having problems the last few weeks (week 3 and 4)... very shaky... light headed, fast heart beat at times... some palpitations... stomach off... headaches here and there... I am thinking it might be low blood sugar... but not sure... I am thinking of stopping, but would like to see it out... thx!

TucsonJJ

Jeeze.... still hurting after 6 weeks? I guess TRT effects guys differently... but you would think that your symptoms would have improved by now... are you working with a competent Doc? Mine is just a PA in Urology... great guy, but not an expert at all in TRT... just made an appt with a Endocrine Doc... sure hope he can help... IF I continue with TRT, it will be with him. Don't see him for a week... think I'll stop for now.
MY main symptoms are a head that feels like it is full of cotton, sort of like an allergy attack... but different... and shakiness/weakness... and some underlying anxiety, probably in response to the other two symptoms... BP is normal... I feel better in the afternoons, feel worst in the mornings... Hope you feel better soon... any benefits noticed at all? Me? Nope.

Rabbit91476

I only felt off once. that was the honey moon phase. Super horny bursts of anxious but didn’t last long. Then as my body adjust to any dose increase. I sleep like shit for week 2-3 ., chills cold sweats. Last increase was during the carona outbreak and was sent home to get tested lol.

TucsonJJ

I am now thinking it might be an interaction with the small amount of ganja I smoked daily for many years... stopped for a few days (the injections too) and now feel MUCH better.
I'll discuss with my new EndoDoc next week... I sure would like to get my Free T up a LOT... but not at a cost of feeling so ill... I'll try some alternatives like Pregnenalone and DHEA first... maybe short term Clomid.

Hey guys, I'm not going to lie I have been having some ups and downs! After getting my initial labs, my numbers really aren't the worse. Since then I have been torn between starting or not starting. Could anyone help breakdown my labs and give some advice? Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Labs5.PNG
    Labs5.PNG
    13.5 KB · Views: 83
  • Labs4.PNG
    Labs4.PNG
    15.2 KB · Views: 78
  • Labs3.PNG
    Labs3.PNG
    14.5 KB · Views: 77
  • Labs2.PNG
    Labs2.PNG
    14.9 KB · Views: 75
  • Labs1.PNG
    Labs1.PNG
    17 KB · Views: 74
Change Docs... seriously... they love to push SSRI's... which, IMO, are bad news. What is your FREE T? TT is pretty much meaningless in comparison.
They are seriously no good. I tried the SSRI for about two weeks and dropped them cold. I was not able to move out my bed the whole time! Seriously drowsy. I posted a lab with my FT, I'm not sure if its good or bad. If you could give some input. That would be great!!

swoops36

Hey guys, I'm not going to lie I have been having some ups and downs! After getting my initial labs, my numbers really aren't the worse. Since then I have been torn between starting or not starting. Could anyone help breakdown my labs and give some advice? Thanks in advance
Why is your e2 so low on 600ng TT? FT looks low but I don’t see SHBG tested

TucsonJJ

Well, Nick, I am no expert, I just do a ton of reading and the guys here are great... IMO, your Free T is too low... yes, your lab says it is within range, but again, IMO, their range is absurd... LabCorp range for Free T is 6.6 to 18.1... but your total T is decent... did they test for SHBG? I would bet it is too high... as is your Albumin... both tie up testosterone, reducing Free T. I think personally, I would first try to raise the Free T naturally... some guys with more experience here could help, Boron? Zinc Picolinate? magnesium? but IMO, you need to seek another doctor... or if you have the bucks, maybe try Defy. I got my nose out of joint with their charges for the meds... I pay around $15 for my monthly test-cypionate, they say $250-300/month for Test, AI and HCG... the last two I'm not sure everyone needs... maybe seek a good endocrinologist near you...
I have tried several SSRI's... they all have different effects... I was on Celexa for a few years... it worked, but turned me into a zero-libido zombie. Lexapro is similar... Prozac has helped many... but your low Free T may be responsible for any depression and/or anxiety you have, low libido/motivation... etc... so avoid SSRIs unless REALLY needed...

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me