Starting TRT - Tips , Advice , Experience

Buy Lab Tests Online
Yeah a lower dose is possible because I use 60mg per week. I like IM better than sub q but you can try both to see which one you like best. My 7 day trough is 650-700ng on 60mg but my shbg is higher than yours. You can start at 60mg and work your way up if needed. It’s much easier to start low and work your way up as opposed to starting too high then backing off.
with the lower SHBG but daily shots, it would be great if i could hit similar #s and feel good at say 9mg daily = 63mg weekly... be even better if i didnt actually need anything but lifestyle changes! thanks for your help, man!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

TucsonJJ

ive seen some people say that you CAN boost yourself naturally with lifestyle changes etc...and some that say it is a waste of time trying... i dont feel "bad", i just want my #s to put me in the normal range, so that i dont have any health issues related to low t, honestly
If you don't have symptoms... I'd hold off... I just finished my 4th week (100mg/week in 3 pins) and I have been feeling really lousy... the day after pinning I feel the worst... this morning, trimmed some hedges, and my left arm, which held the trimmer for around 20 minutes... was so weak it could hardly hold up a glass of water... very concerning... I think I'll stop... my Free t was 5.2, which is low... but at nearly 64yrs old... I think I'll just try boron, zinc, maybe pregnalone...
I feel much worse than when I started... I'm hoping to discuss with a new endocrineologist... but have been frustrated as I have said with moron doctors.

TucsonJJ

I really don’t care about free t honestly or estradiol. This is where I feel good. My shbg is usually 55-70 depending on when I get labs and estradiol has never been more than 30pg/ml even with total levels over 1500ng. Whenever I have checked free t I feel the best in the 15-20ng range. More than that I feel terrible.
I don't think estradiol means much, unless really out of whack... 15-20 Free T is great... the "sweet spot"... mine was 5.2 when I started 4 weeks ago, but feel like crap so will stop.

TucsonJJ

I agree I will have to go off how I feel, I’m thinking of doing 75 mg twice a week and go from there. I know the last time I got “tested” My TT was 550, and I was feeling horrible! Doc wouldn’t test anything else. Just gave anti depressant. Which is why I chose to do it UG. I’m awaiting my labs from discounted labs to see my Free T, E2 etc.
Change Docs... seriously... they love to push SSRI's... which, IMO, are bad news. What is your FREE T? TT is pretty much meaningless in comparison.

fifty

I started 4 weeks ago 100mg/wk, 3 pins/wk, and feel awful too... head feels like a balloon, palpitations, weakness, feeling ill like a body flu... headaches... going to quit, I think.
What brand of testosterone? So you're doing like .16ml 3x per week?

TucsonJJ

What brand of testosterone? So you're doing like .16ml 3x per week?
Test Cipionate... I was doing .20ml, .10ml, .20ml, MWF... Sub-Q... I was told same dose each time would be better... but hard to think that difference accounts for my bad side effects... did you go through a bad time when starting? How long if so?

fifty

Some people swear that compounded testosterone gives them problems.

Are you using a name brand testosterone cypionate like Pfizer or Westward?

TucsonJJ

Some people swear that compounded testosterone gives them problems.

Are you using a name brand testosterone cypionate like Pfizer or Westward?
No, my pharmacy filled it with stuff from "Hikma Farmaceutica" (Portugal). Not from a compounding pharmacy... and... Portugal? Jeeze...

swoops36

Test Cipionate... I was doing .20ml, .10ml, .20ml, MWF... Sub-Q... I was told same dose each time would be better... but hard to think that difference accounts for my bad side effects... did you go through a bad time when starting? How long if so?
You’re doing SQ and don’t feel well. Try IM injections and see if you get better

TucsonJJ

Thx, Swoops, but I doubt the method of delivery would make a difference... isn't Sub-Q supposed to enter the blood more slowly and give more consistent levels?
Did you feel crappy when you first started TRT? I don't read much about guys feeling weak and sick when starting TRT, so that has be alarmed at MY reaction... I have always been very chemical sensitive... just a delicate little flower, I guess! :-(

Any thoughts on pregnalone? thought I might try it if I stop TRT... after a few weeks to clear out the system...

swoops36

Thx, Swoops, but I doubt the method of delivery would make a difference... isn't Sub-Q supposed to enter the blood more slowly and give more consistent levels?
Did you feel crappy when you first started TRT? I don't read much about guys feeling weak and sick when starting TRT, so that has be alarmed at MY reaction... I have always been very chemical sensitive... just a delicate little flower, I guess! :-(

Any thoughts on pregnalone? thought I might try it if I stop TRT... after a few weeks to clear out the system...
On the contrary, it might make a big difference, especially if you haven’t tried IM yet.

I’m not sure why SQ got so popular, but I’ve read a few stories of guys feeling better on IM. Personally I agree, I started IM and went to SQ just to try it and after 3 weeks noticed I wasn’t feeling how I usually do, so I went back.

injecting more often will give you more consistent levels, and it makes sense that there’s slower absorption with SQ but I’m not sure that’s really a good thing; you want your body to take it and get it to work.

anyway, just a thought. We’re all different, trial and error is your best bet

TucsonJJ

On the contrary, it might make a big difference, especially if you haven’t tried IM yet.

I’m not sure why SQ got so popular, but I’ve read a few stories of guys feeling better on IM. Personally I agree, I started IM and went to SQ just to try it and after 3 weeks noticed I wasn’t feeling how I usually do, so I went back.

injecting more often will give you more consistent levels, and it makes sense that there’s slower absorption with SQ but I’m not sure that’s really a good thing; you want your body to take it and get it to work.

anyway, just a thought. We’re all different, trial and error is your best bet
Well... I'll think on that... no biggie for me to switch to IM for awhile... IF I remain on TRT...
Again... did YOU feel like crap when you first started TRT? I have always been sensitive to drugs of all kinds... I wonder if this is just another bad reaction for ME... and unusual for most others... ??

swoops36

Well... I'll think on that... no biggie for me to switch to IM for awhile... IF I remain on TRT...
Again... did YOU feel like crap when you first started TRT? I have always been sensitive to drugs of all kinds... I wonder if this is just another bad reaction for ME... and unusual for most others... ??
Oh yeah I felt like garbage for about the first 8 weeks, started at 100mg, then they upped me to 160mg and I started to feel better. Felt really good once I dropped my AI and went to EOD injections

TucsonJJ

Dang, Swoops... 8 weeks? I really don't want to feel crappy for 4 more weeks... and I could get my Doc to up the dose... but what if I feel even worse? I felt really bad today... the weakness in my left arm was scary, after using it to hold a hedge trimmer for 20mins or so... I am still a pretty muscular guy at almost 64... so that freaked me out... sort of felt like a stroke would I imagine... still feels a little weak... jeeze... and I don't see the Doc for 2 more weeks... right now I am thinking of taking a pass... trying something else to boost my Free T some... I didn't have any bad symptoms... low libido (better on the weed by far) low motivation ( I am retired so no biggie)... just worried about the health risks of Low T... and Sonora Quest labs say I am in normal range... for my age... yes, I think their ranges are BS too... I have a couple of days to think on it... not due to pin again until Monday...
I'm out for the night, thx for your feedback!

jacktrade

Yeah a lower dose is possible because I use 60mg per week. I like IM better than sub q but you can try both to see which one you like best. My 7 day trough is 650-700ng on 60mg but my shbg is higher than yours. You can start at 60mg and work your way up if needed. It’s much easier to start low and work your way up as opposed to starting too high then backing off.
May I ask about your injection schedule? Eod or E3.5 days? Thanks.

TucsonJJ

Oh yeah I felt like garbage for about the first 8 weeks, started at 100mg, then they upped me to 160mg and I started to feel better. Felt really good once I dropped my AI and went to EOD injections
Did you lift weights during that first 8 weeks? I am still concerned about having noticable muscle weakness after holding up a dang hedge trimmer for 20-30 minutes... left arm still feels weak this morning... I couldn't be in THAT bad of shape after missing the gym for a few months! Lifted regularly for many years before this COVID stuff...

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me