starting T3 on TRT, best time ?

Buy Lab Tests Online

PhilippW97

Hey guys,
started TRT 6 weeks ago. Always had my FT3 bottom end of range despite of having FT4 top end of range, so clearly not converting well. Symptoms are feeling cold easily mainly. Want to start some T3 now.

Now the question is, can I start T3 right away or should I wait until I‘m stable/dialed in on TRT, which I‘m obviously not yet on just 6 weeks in.

Thanks !

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Trouble-shooting your thyroid is a critical step in being able to benefit from a well-designed TRT protocol. In fact, ignoring a malfunctioning thyroid will impede your efforts. Work with a good doctor and get things in line.

Systemlord

TRT will do very little for you with a poorly functioning thyroid, TRT is stepping on the gas and your thyroid isn't able to match pace. This is where it's critical you find a knowledgeable doctor, otherwise you'll just be spinning your wheels.

M

MarkM

Hi Philip, welcome to the forum.

Many have stated that getting their thyroid properly optimized was more difficult than getting their TRT dialed in. But, once their thyroid was right, it made getting their TRT optimized easier for them.

PhilippW97

TRT will do very little for you with a poorly functioning thyroid, TRT is stepping on the gas and your thyroid isn't able to match pace. This is where it's critical you find a knowledgeable doctor, otherwise you'll just be spinning your wheels.

so can I just start T3 while still adjusting my TRT/not being stable yet ? Because T3 would be another variable then to look at simultaniously.

thanks

Vince

Super Moderator
so can I just start T3 while still adjusting my TRT/not being stable yet ? Because T3 would be another variable then to look at simultaniously.

thanks
Yes I would start optimizing your thyroid levels even while you're just starting trt. There are many benefits to getting good levels of free T3, make sure you get your reverse T3 checked also.

PhilippW97

Yes I would start optimizing your thyroid levels even while you're just starting trt. There are many benefits to getting good levels of free T3, make sure you get your reverse T3 checked also.

Alright. Does TRT don't work at all if Thyroid is a little bit of ( lowish FT3 ) or does Thyroid have to be REALLY off ( below ranges ) ?

Systemlord

Alright. Does TRT don't work at all if Thyroid is a little bit of ( lowish FT3 ) or does Thyroid have to be REALLY off ( below ranges ) ?

It's different for everyone, if your one of those people that needs to be have Free T3 high normal and your closer to the bottom, then...

Your clearly have a problem with conversion, so your TRT results would expect to be low. You may find it impossible to dial in TRT with a low thyroid hormone, as TRT gets closer to optimal you are putting greater demand on the thyroid that's already struggling.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
In many cases, T4-T3 conversion issues can be nutrient issues and other imbalances. Adequate iodine and selenium can do amazing things, along with other supporting supplements like D3 and magnesium. Try it, you might be surprised to see the "cold hands" thing disappear pretty quick if iodine deficient.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me