Starting protocol for high SHBG

Buy Lab Tests Online

BCD19800

Good afternoon,

After doing more research and reviewing the responses to my other thread, I’ve decided to schedule an appointment with Defy to get a consultation and potentially start a TRT protocol to treat my low free testosterone. I looked back at my lab history over the past 2 years and I have about 9 labs where’re my %free testosterone has hovered between 1.33-1.38 and I’ve had 2 labs go as low as 1.1-1.2%. My SHBG has mostly averaged around 71. Most of my symptoms such as depression, anxiety, energy have been addressed with my current thyroid protocol but I’m dealing with a fairly low labido, low drive, motivation, no sense of well being, and poor recovery from physical activity. I could potentially live with these symptoms but would prefer to feel normal again so I would like to explore TRT as a potential option.

I’m trying to understand what a good starting protocol would potentially be. I’ve read once a week injections but have also seen some users go 2x per week. Also, do I need Hcg? I don’t want anymore children so I’m assuming I should not use HCG. Estrogen is a concern for me since I have preexisting gynecomastia from puberty. What testosterone dose should I be targeting? I’m assuming I will need a high dose such as 200 per week, right?

Also, any experience/feedback with Defy would be appreciated. Any specific physician or provider? Thanks in advance.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

BenM

I’d start at once a week, and lower than 200mg. More like 100-125. Better to start too low than too high. You can always increase if needed.

BigBamBoo

My SHBG prior to TRT was 75. On TRT it is around 65. I started with a every 3.5 day protocol at 80mg per injection.

Had high E2 issues with that protocol.

I am now on 40mg EOD injections. Much better results and how I feel.

Everyone is different. You will need to find what works for you.

BCD19800

My SHBG prior to TRT was 75. On TRT it is around 65. I started with a every 3.5 day protocol at 80mg per injection.

Had high E2 issues with that protocol.

I am now on 40mg EOD injections. Much better results and how I feel.

Everyone is different. You will need to find what works for you.

Did you take an AI?

Gman86

Agree with both of these guys. Always start on the low side and work your way up if needed. My SHBG was 51 pre TRT. I am currently using 40mg EOD as well. So about 140mg per week. At that dose my free T is right at the top of the range. Since your SHBG is even higher than mine, I think 140mg per week is a good place to start. And just split that up into multiple injections per week. An EOD protocol works very well for me. Start off with just testosterone. No ai or HCG, and get labs done in 6 weeks and see how you feel.

But obviously it all depends on what the doctor at Defy wants to do,

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching