Starting cypionate tomorrow - needle size?

Buy Lab Tests Online

trtthings

What needle size can I get away with? I'll never inject more than 0,2ml (in cottonseed oil).

Doctor wants me to do subq but I believe I'll do IM.

And do you have any tips for muscles? I'd prefer not to do delts and was thinking about starting with quads.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Goel

I do IM in my quads and glutes, sometimes delts with a 29g insulin syringe. It takes a bit longer to draw from the vial but it's worth it compared to the 22g needles my doctor started me on. I've read some use 31g which is even smaller bore. Try warming the vial in your pocket for a bit before drawing to help the cottonseed oil carrier flow easier. I forgot to do that last week and it took notably longer to draw than when the vial is warm.

Golfboy307

I use 1" 28 gauge needles exclusively in my quads. Primarily I like to see where I am sticking myself (versus glutes). Mostly painless. I have not tried 31 g.

trtthings

I would use 27g 1/2” easy touch syringe for cotton seed oil. Inject in the shoulders. Nice shallow IM inject.

I don't have a good reason for not doing shoulders, it's just that I don't want scar tissue there. Do you reckon 1/2" will work for quads? And 27 or 29g.

trtthings

I note that that thread says 0.5" is fine for quads.

Are you guys not using a separate (bigger) needle for drawing the testosterone from the vial? F.ex. an 18g. And then switching.

Goel

A smaller bore needle isn't going to traumatize the skin enough to leave scar tissue but should still rotate injection sites and sides. For me the reason I use delts infrequently is I don't feel like I have a good angle on the syringe as I do when pinning quads/glutes. I did the two needle dance at first, drawing with an 18g and injecting with 22g. As mentioned earlier I found that drawing and injecting with an insulin syringe wasn't nearly as much hassle as some (my doctor) made it out to be.

trtthings

A smaller bore needle isn't going to traumatize the skin enough to leave scar tissue but should still rotate injection sites and sides. For me the reason I use delts infrequently is I don't feel like I have a good angle on the syringe as I do when pinning quads/glutes. I did the two needle dance at first, drawing with an 18g and injecting with 22g. As mentioned earlier I found that drawing and injecting with an insulin syringe wasn't nearly as much hassle as some (my doctor) made it out to be.

Interesting to hear. I think I'll go with 1/2" 29g into quads.

Vince

Super Moderator
I don't have a good reason for not doing shoulders, it's just that I don't want scar tissue there. Do you reckon 1/2" will work for quads? And 27 or 29g.
I been injecting in my shoulders for 6 years, so far no scar tissue.

I Nelson has been doing it a lot longer.

madman

Super Moderator
What needle size can I get away with? I'll never inject more than 0,2ml (in cottonseed oil).

Doctor wants me to do subq but I believe I'll do IM.

And do you have any tips for muscles? I'd prefer not to do delts and was thinking about starting with quads.

If you plan on injecting less frequently then I would just stick to 27G as drawing/injecting will be quicker than using 30-31G.

When poking yourself daily or EOD then I would prefer 30-31G.

madman

Super Moderator

There will be minimal scar tissue when injecting IM using a fixed insulin syringe (27-31G).

madman

Super Moderator
I note that that thread says 0.5" is fine for quads.

Are you guys not using a separate (bigger) needle for drawing the testosterone from the vial? F.ex. an 18g. And then switching.

Waste of time let alone medication.

Fixed (low dead space) insulin syringe minimizes any waste and top it off with the fact that it is quick/easy when drawing/injecting using the same needle.

I just read that. I still don't understand why Subcu vs IM injections matter? Are they processed/disbursed differently in the body? Do IM injection "only or mostly" affect the muscle injected? Do shallow IM injections provide medication to the whole body?

madman

Super Moderator
I just read that. I still don't understand why Subcu vs IM injections matter? Are they processed/disbursed differently in the body? Do IM injection "only or mostly" affect the muscle injected? Do shallow IM injections provide medication to the whole body?

There should be no differences regarding absorption/effectiveness whether injecting IM or sub-q mind you some do claim to achieve lower levels when injecting sub-q (not common).

If anything the absorption may be slower when injecting sub-q.

Some men also tend to develop lumps/pain at the injection site due to sensitivity to the ester/excipients or when injecting too fast/injecting large volumes.

post#8

CONCLUSIONS

It is interesting to realize that drug absorption from an oil depot cannot entirely be described by a simple two-phase mass transfer model where concentration gradients, diffusion, and partition coefficients would enable the calculation of the expected absorption. It is demonstrated in this dissertation that there is a role of the excipient BOH in yielding an initially high absorption. The oil depot forms a continuous phase after injection but will be dispersed and encapsulated at the injection site after some days. This in turn largely influences the way the prodrug becomes available; after release from the oil depot, it is present in the interstitial fluid which is drained through the lymph into the systemic circulation. Subsequently, the prodrug permeates through the wall of blood cells and is hydrolyzed. Both the lymph transport and the cell wall permeation take time which is expressed in a lag time. This lag time is different for each injection site: a subcutaneously administered prodrug will enter the systemic circulation via a short path and at a low drainage flow. This results in a short lag time and a slow absorption rate constant of the prodrug. Deeper administered prodrugs (i.e. intramuscular injections) are suggested to be absorbed via a longer path, but at a higher flow, which results in a longer lag time but a higher absorption rate constant of the prodrug.

Vince

Super Moderator
I agree with madman, it doesn’t really matter. Whatever you feel more comfortable with. I’ve tried subq and I never liked it.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me