Starting back on TRT: Anxiety is real bad

Buy Lab Tests Online

WhatSayYou89

Anyone else have real bad anxiety after starting trt?

Third week of starting back & the anxiety is about a 9 out of 10.

Is it just the hormone levels getting adjusted that is causing this?

I had this when I first started last time but I thought it was the other medication. Testosterone is the only variable this time so I know this is the cause this go around.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

TRT affects everyone differently, some it increases anxiety while others report the opposite. TRT cures all mood problems for me.

Some guys just have to deal with the issues that arise when starting TRT or changes the dosages.

It's about this time when you natural production is circling the drain and you are waiting for the cypionate to build up in your system. I often hear week 3 can be the toughest time for guys.

I had these same issues on the cypionate whenever changing dosages, but do not experience these issues on Jatenzo. Maybe it has something to do with Jatenzo reaching a steady state in 7 days shortening the time when hormone levels are in flux.

Last edited:

WhatSayYou89

It's about this time when you natural production is circling the drain and you are waiting for the cypionate to build up in your system. I often hear week 3 can be the toughest time for guys.
Really glad to hear this, just helps me mentally hunker down and deal with it knowing it’s normal & should pass with some more time.

TRT cures all mood problems for me.
My main reason for hopping back on.

First I’ve heard of Jatenzo.

Systemlord

First I’ve heard of Jatenzo.
Amazing stuff and the only thing that has worked for me, the injections, gels and creams were a failure. I tried every protocol imaginable.

I require short half life testosterone formulations where the fluctuations occur across hours and not days. Without insurance it's $1000+ per month.

There is also data showing Jatenzo doesn't shut you down like with injections and topicals, LH and FSH remain in the low normal ranges.

Last edited:

madman

Super Moderator

I had this when I first started last time but I thought it was the other medication. Testosterone is the only variable this time so I know this is the cause this go around.

Whether one is just starting trt or tweaking a protocol (increasing/decreasing dose of T) hormones will be in flux during the weeks leading up until blood levels have stabilized (4-6 weeks TC/TE).

Common for many to experience ups/downs during the transition as the body is trying to adjust.

When starting trt or tweaking a protocol (increasing the dose of T) many tend to experience what we call the honeymoon period where there is a strong increase in libido/erections and euphoria due to rising T levels/AR lighting up and increased dopamine.

Testosterone has a tonic effect on the CNS and can easily make one feel amped up/overly stimulated.

Things should level out once blood levels have stabilized and even then it will take time for the body to adapt to the new set-point.

Even then some men may continue to struggle due to running too high an FT level.

Comes down to the individual.

I would just tough it out and wait until you have blood work done (4-6 weeks) to see where said protocol (dose T/injection frequency) has your trough TT, FT, and estradiol levels before jumping the gun.

Keep in mind that too many men are jacked up on T (200 mg/week) from the get-go which can easily cause one to feel amped up!

madman

Super Moderator
Amazing stuff and the only thing that has worked for me, the injections, gels and creams were a failure. I tried every protocol imaginable.

I require short half life testosterone formulations where the fluctuations occur across hours and not days. Without insurance it's $1000+ per month.

There is also data showing Jatenzo doesn't shut you down like with injections and topicals, LH and FSH remain in the low normal ranges.

Oral TU will still have a strong impact on suppressing the HPG axis.

* 70% decrease in LH and FSH from mean baseline values in the oral TU and topical T patients

Screenshot (9597).png

Screenshot (9598).png

Charliebizz

Might sound wacky but for me test cyp gave me anxiety unless I took under 80mg a week. Yet enanthate I was as high as 160mg a week no issue. This also wasn’t some one off thing happened every time I tried to use cyp

WhatSayYou89

Testosterone has a tonic effect on the CNS and can easily make one feel amped up/overly stimulated.

Things should level out once blood levels have stabilized and even then it will take time for the body to adapt to the new set-point.
Yea, def feels like I just chugged 800mg of caffeine for about 24 hours after injection. It already seems to be little better since I started this thread, I think in a few weeks everything should be calmed down.
Might sound wacky but for me test cyp gave me anxiety unless I took under 80mg a week. Yet enanthate I was as high as 160mg a week no issue. This also wasn’t some one off thing happened every time I tried to use cyp
Interesting, I always thought there wasn’t really no difference between those two. I’m gonna do some research to see if others have failed better enanthate rather than cyp.
I recently went from 140 mg per week to 125. I am very surprised at how much calmer I feel.
I’m at 140mg a week as well. I can already tell the anxiety has reduced some since I made this post. Hopefully in a couple weeks once my body has gotten use to it again it will be good.

Charliebizz

Yea, def feels like I just chugged 800mg of caffeine for about 24 hours after injection. It already seems to be little better since I started this thread, I think in a few weeks everything should be calmed down.

Interesting, I always thought there wasn’t really no difference between those two. I’m gonna do some research to see if others have failed better enanthate rather than cyp.

I’m at 140mg a week as well. I can already tell the anxiety has reduced some since I made this post. Hopefully in a couple weeks once my body has gotten use to it again it will be good.
Trust me I didn’t think I would change much. But it changed everything for me. I couldn’t tolerate trt at all. It crushed my cortisol with saliva and blood labs to prove it. Now every thing is fine.

Trust me I didn’t think I would change much. But it changed everything for me. I couldn’t tolerate trt at all. It crushed my cortisol with saliva and blood labs to prove it. Now every thing is fine.
So you found the sweet spot finally switching to enanthate? I'm on 20mg cyp per week now try to taper off and the crazy part is I feel worse the few days after injecting than when I get to day 5, 6, 7. Maybe it is cyp and I should try a new Ester after seeing how I recover or using the oral or creams. Idk man I've tried everything it's crazy. I was decent for a few years but the last 2 have been hell.

Fortunate

So you found the sweet spot finally switching to enanthate? I'm on 20mg cyp per week now try to taper off and the crazy part is I feel worse the few days after injecting than when I get to day 5, 6, 7. Maybe it is cyp and I should try a new Ester after seeing how I recover or using the oral or creams. Idk man I've tried everything it's crazy. I was decent for a few years but the last 2 have been hell.
20 mg/week? If so, that’s virtually nothing.

I’m a struggler, too. Tried lots of things and still trying. The one option that gave me little to no side effects has been Natesto. Like it in a lot of ways, but sometimes get the sense I am under treated, which is why I continue to explore. You might consider trying it for a month.

Thomas Stewart

Felt similar. I tried to reduce the dose and now I feel myself calmer.

Charliebizz

I’m doing “ok” still have some energy issues. EQ and libido still fluctuate. But way better then on cyp.

I’m still on enanthate 110mg per week split m-w-f
Appreciate the reply. Yeah what's odd too is I had a stress test the other day on a bike and everything was perfect but I was getting dizzy lightheaded chest pain ect. Other thing that went nuts was bp and my hr was only 120. Target 160. My bp shot up to 300/120 and they had to stop the test. Thats on only 20mg cyp a week and without meds my resting bp is 120-130 over 70-80. Idk wtf is wrong with me. Getting discouraged

Fortunate

Appreciate the reply. Yeah what's odd too is I had a stress test the other day on a bike and everything was perfect but I was getting dizzy lightheaded chest pain ect. Other thing that went nuts was bp and my hr was only 120. Target 160. My bp shot up to 300/120 and they had to stop the test. Thats on only 20mg cyp a week and without meds my resting bp is 120-130 over 70-80. Idk wtf is wrong with me. Getting discouraged
Hyperthyroid? Gotta be something other than trt.

sammmy

There is no such dose as 20mg cyp per week. If you mean 200mg per week, that is too jacked up and can lead to all kinds of problems. The agreed dose on this forum is 100mg per week, in divided doses.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me