started on TRT, hello from AZ

Buy Lab Tests Online

lukas_az

hey all. 42y old male here, just started on TRT. my blood tests came back as;
Total T: 226 ng/dl
Free: 7.62 ng/dl
Estradiol: 16.1 pg/ml

doc started me on 100mg/2 weeks, i switched to self injections 50mg/week (which I learned might be low)
doc is somewhat opposed to raising dose without going low and testing first. trying to avoid TRT clinics as they are overcharging quite a lot, since a TRT monthly dose (cypionate) in the USA without insurance is about 10usd.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

Hello welcome. I wouldn't expect good results with your low dose protocol though. You are going to need a new doc asap.

I'm on 80mg weekly (20mg EOD) and only get to 500 ng/dL, I doubt your dosage will get you higher than 300 ng/dL which isn't much higher than your natural levels.

If I were you I would start a new thread in the low-T section of the forum in order to get some feedback from other members.

Last edited:
hey all. 42y old male here, just started on TRT. my blood tests came back as;
Total T: 226 ng/dl
Free: 7.62 ng/dl
Estradiol: 16.1 pg/ml

doc started me on 100mg/2 weeks, i switched to self injections 50mg/week (which I learned might be low)
doc is somewhat opposed to raising dose without going low and testing first. trying to avoid TRT clinics as they are overcharging quite a lot, since a TRT monthly dose (cypionate) in the USA without insurance is about 10usd.
I would try that dose for at least 6 weeks. I found out after much trial and error over 8 years of being on TRT that roughly 50-60 milligrams a week was the right amount for me. You can always go up if you're not feeling better.

lukas_az

thank you for all the replies. I'll go with this dose for 6 weeks total and get it checked. i don't mind getting a bigger RX though...some extra to have does not hurt. I'm the 2nd week into it now. some say you won't feel anything till 8 weeks or so, but interestingly I noticed subtle changes like improvement of sleep, better libido and energy already. i doubt that this is a placebo effect since it is persisting every day.

Systemlord

interestingly I noticed subtle changes like improvement of sleep, better libido and energy already. i doubt that this is a placebo effect since it is persisting every day.
You have your natural T and the added injectable T and when your natural T is shutdown, then things will be quite different.

@mattingly23 case is far from typical.​

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching