Started DHEA + Preg 25/10 and sleeping like a rock?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Stoak

I don't know if this is directly attributable, but 2 weeks ago I started 25/10 DHEA/Pregnenolone in the am. My DHEA-S was high 200s and my Pregnenolone was 32. I have never slept so well in my life these last 2 weeks. I haven't woken to pee and I have slept straight thru nearly every day. It's whacky bc I would scream from the mountaintops with joy if I ever slept thru the night (once in like 3 months this used to happen). I'm about 3 months back into resumed TRT after a layoff and I wasn't sleeping well at all which happened the last time I started TRT for the first couple months. Just whacky stuff here.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I don't know if this is directly attributable, but 2 weeks ago I started 25/10 DHEA/Pregnenolone in the am. My DHEA-S was high 200s and my Pregnenolone was 32. I have never slept so well in my life these last 2 weeks. I haven't woken to pee and I have slept straight thru nearly every day. It's whacky bc I would scream from the mountaintops with joy if I ever slept thru the night (once in like 3 months this used to happen). I'm about 3 months back into resumed TRT after a layoff and I wasn't sleeping well at all which happened the last time I started TRT for the first couple months. Just whacky stuff here.
That's awesome that you're sleeping so good. Hopefully you have a ton of energy throughout the day because of your great sleep.

Willyt

It's whacky bc I would scream from the mountaintops with joy if I ever slept thru the night (once in like 3 months this used to happen).
I know what you mean. Report back periodically and let us know how its going. It's strange because DHEA stimulates some people and the reverse for others.

Fortunate

DHEA makes me extremely tired, and this is useful for sleep purposes, but for me, it also makes me tired during the day. Unfortunately, in addition to making me tired, it’s severely darkens my mood, making it something that I don’t generally play with anymore.

Stoak

@Stoak, how are you feeling now? Are you still getting those benefits a month in or so?

I have to say this only lasted a week sadly.

I thought deeply about it and recalled that during the week that I slept like a rock and began supplementing these, I took off from the gym for 3-4 days in a row. I must have been overtrained and it was affecting my sleep in a negative way. That's the best I can come up with.

Nujace

DHEA makes me extremely tired, and this is useful for sleep purposes, but for me, it also makes me tired during the day. Unfortunately, in addition to making me tired, it’s severely darkens my mood, making it something that I don’t generally play with anymore.
I had a not so pleasant experience with oral DHEA a while back also. But I just ordered a transdermal DHEA. Hoping to get some different results lol.

Do you supplement with Pregnenolone?

newuser

DHEA lowers cortisol so this might cause your tiredness. I feel tired on just DHEA as well. Have you tried combine with pregnolonene? Those two combined together work different then each one separate.

Jerajera

I have to say this only lasted a week sadly.

I thought deeply about it and recalled that during the week that I slept like a rock and began supplementing these, I took off from the gym for 3-4 days in a row. I must have been overtrained and it was affecting my sleep in a negative way. That's the best I can come up with.

I think it's just as likely if not more that the DHEA worked for a while and then stopped working because of habituation or because you passed your sweet spot.

I remember DHEA making me feel great for a couple of weeks, very driven and full of initiative while very calm and focused. It was not a subtle effect at all for someone like me with a very strong apathy baseline.

After that however I started getting very bloated and extremely aggressive/impatient.
I was only on 10mg/day but it was the micronized sustained release version from Empower, so maybe it's stonger than OTC brands, I'm not sure.

I'll try again at 5mg/day and instant release in the future.

Anecdotally, Pregnenolone makes me insanely horny every time I've tried it. I don't think it's placebo because it's not something at all I was expecting or hoping for. But I was only taking 10 and 25mg/day instead of the 100-400mg/day recommended sometimes.

I wonder about those massive discrepencies in dosages. It doesn't seem there's a standard for micronized/non-micronized, instant vs sustained release etc...such that we're able to compare dosages and their respective effects unfortunately.

Stoak

I think it's just as likely if not more that the DHEA worked for a while and then stopped working because of habituation or because you passed your sweet spot.

I remember DHEA making me feel great for a couple of weeks, very driven and full of initiative while very calm and focused. It was not a subtle effect at all for someone like me with a very strong apathy baseline.

After that however I started getting very bloated and extremely aggressive/impatient.
I was only on 10mg/day but it was the micronized sustained release version from Empower, so maybe it's stonger than OTC brands, I'm not sure.

I'll try again at 5mg/day and instant release in the future.

Anecdotally, Pregnenolone makes me insanely horny every time I've tried it. I don't think it's placebo because it's not something at all I was expecting or hoping for. But I was only taking 10 and 25mg/day instead of the 100-400mg/day recommended sometimes.

I wonder about those massive discrepencies in dosages. It doesn't seem there's a standard for micronized/non-micronized, instant vs sustained release etc...such that we're able to compare dosages and their respective effects unfortunately.
There was a guy who said once on this board "once you think you have things figured out, they change" and it is kind of maddening.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me