Start TRT with clinic or doctor? Suggestions!

Buy Lab Tests Online

isenita

Hello All,

Need your advice. I have low testo: 250 first test. LH and FSH are high , PSA, Thyroid, and prolactin are fine. Int the last 3-4 years I went from 15% body fat to 25% body fat developing NAFLD and despite trying dieting and come back to the gym I feel low energy and not able to be consistent at all.
Based on my blood work a hormon replacement clinic wants to put me in TRT. I just went to an endocrinologist and their approach is: repeat all blood work once more early in the morning (the previous one was done at noon) also a bunch of test for some rear conditions never heard off. Come back in one month and we see if prescribe weight loss drugs and then eventually TRT if weight loss is not working. Their view is that if I lose weight, the testosterone should go back to a more normal value.

What do you suggest to do: Go with the TRT clinic and don't follow up with the endocrinologist or go with the endocrinologist and wait for the TRT to see if some semaglutide or some other drug will help lose weight and go back to the gym regularly.
Other info: my health insurance has a high deductible (3K per year), I have heard if TRT prescribed trough insurance then one disqualify for life insurances down the road etc.

Thanks

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Belekas

nobody
Unpopular opinion nowadays but I'll go ahead and say it- you gotta man df up and start working out, optimizing every other variable like sleep, recovery, etc, and nutrition ofc. You don't need to starve yourself to death to burn fat and thats where most fuck up. Its def not what you wanted to hear but its what needs to be done. Drugs won't do the work for you. You need a good plan for nutrition and then its all discipline, drive and dedication. Its easier to look outside of ourselfs for any solutions when in reallity all it takes is a good look in the mirror. Hope that doesn't go over your head. All the best.

P.s. get leaner, stay there, get in proper mindset, and do labs then I'm sure your numbers will be a lot better, and maybe you won't even need TRT and any other drugs.

isenita

Unpopular opinion nowadays but I'll go ahead and say it- you gotta man df up and start working out, optimizing every other variable like sleep, recovery, etc, and nutrition ofc. You don't need to starve yourself to death to burn fat and thats where most fuck up. Its def not what you wanted to hear but its what needs to be done. Drugs won't do the work for you. You need a good plan for nutrition and then its all discipline, drive and dedication. Its easier to look outside of ourselfs for any solutions when in reallity all it takes is a good look in the mirror. Hope that doesn't go over your head. All the best.

P.s. get leaner, stay there, get in proper mindset, and do labs then I'm sure your numbers will be a lot better, and maybe you won't even need TRT and any other drugs.
You are right, the problem is to get into that status. I have very little energy trough the whole day that I can barely lift weight for more than 15 min and then I am done. Or if I do cardio I lose stamina so easly!

Belekas

nobody
You are right, the problem is to get into that status. I have very little energy trough the whole day that I can barely lift weight for more than 15 min and then I am done. Or if I do cardio I lose stamina so easly!
You need to fix your nutrition. How is you sleep? Drugs? Bad habits? Status is earned not given just like respect. So you gotta push through. Iron sharpens iron. Also you should post complete blood results for experienced folks to take a look as there might be more serious issues.

Systemlord

Go with the TRT clinic and don't follow up with the endocrinologist or go with the endocrinologist and wait for the TRT
You may find not all endocrinologists are up to date on TRT and you may not get the best protocol or proper guidance for treatment.

You’re basically playing the doctor lottery.

isenita

You need to fix your nutrition. How is you sleep? Drugs? Bad habits? Status is earned not given just like respect. So you gotta push through. Iron sharpens iron. Also you should post complete blood results for experienced folks to take a look as there might be more serious issues.

I don't drink alchool, I don't use any drug, no smoke. I grocery and cook most of my meal, on weekend I eat out with friends but Mond to Friday I cook : salmon, steak, chicken, veggies, pasta, normal diet. I do snack too much honestly but mostly yogurt and nuts. I don't think I eat so bad to justify my recent weight gain, I was kind of eating like this most of my life. I have tried to diet hard but try to calories counting and drop carbs a lot but really lack motivation and didn't see much change. For sure I could lose weight if I have the right motivation to go in strong calories deficit and do enough cardio but the issue is that despite one year trying I find it very hard.

A typical day:
A cappuccino, yogurt + granola + frozen berries.
Lunch: Meat + bread + veggie
Snack: protein bar /nuts/ yogurt/
Dinner: Meat or fish + bread + veggies

Typical weekend:

Cappuccino and Croissan
Lunch at home light (salad + tuna, fruita)
Dinner out: chinese/ mexican/ thai/ steak large portion but alchhol no dessert

Last edited:

Belekas

nobody
I don't drink alchool, I don't use any drug, no smoke. I grocery and cook most of my meal, on weekend I eat out with friends but Mond to Friday I cook : salmon, steak, chicken, veggies, pasta, normal diet. I do snack too much honestly but mostly yogurt and nuts. I don't think I eat so bad to justify my recent weight gain, I was kind of eating like this most of my life. I have tried to diet hard but try to calories counting and drop carbs a lot but really lack motivation and didn't see much change. For sure I could lose weight if I have the right motivation to go in strong calories deficit and do enough cardio but the issue is that despite one year trying I find it very hard.

A typical day:
A cappuccino, yogurt + granola + frozen berries.
Lunch: Meat + bread + veggie
Snack: protein bar /nuts/ yogurt/
Dinner: Meat or fish + bread + veggies

Typical weekend:

Cappuccino and Croissan
Lunch at home light (salad + tuna, fruita)
Dinner out: chinese/ mexican/ thai/ steak large portion but alchhol no dessert
How much do you weight and how old are you? My girl eats more then you and she is barely 50kg and never works out. You are seriously underfed and lack good nutritients with this amount of food. You should never cut carbs especially if you are lacking energy. One year trying? Are you serious? It takes years and years of proper nutrition, proper training and recovery, stress management, etc to make something worth having but on the same note in a year you should have seen or at least felt a positive change in whatever you are trying to achieve. Like I said fix your diet, cuz you are eating like a bird and get to work. We all lack motivation sometimes but if you want it bad enough you will make it happen. Period. Will jabbing test help? Most likely but in your boots with such eating and training habits you won't get far and thats a fact. Get a structured plan, start eating 4-6 solid meals per day and seriously rethink your training. If you can't get your ass to struggle and do the work probably theres no point going further, cuz trust me, it feels fucking good to man df up and do the hard yards that nobody else is willing to do.)

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me