Soy Phytoestrogens May Help Prevent Covid-19

Buy Lab Tests Online
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinzang

Computer simulations looked for natural compounds that bind to the coronavirus spike to prevent it from docking to cells. Estrogens and the phytoestrogens in soy were the best candidates. And no, soy phytoestrogens won't feminize you, their estrogenic activity is much weaker than estrogen. The PubMed abstract says:

"Objectives: SARS-CoV-2 has been emerged in December 2019 in China, causing deadly (5% mortality) pandemic pneumonia, termed COVID-19. More than one host-cell receptor is reported to be recognized by the viral spike protein, among them is the cell-surface Heat Shock Protein A5 (HSPA5), also termed GRP78 or BiP. Upon viral infection, HSPA5 is upregulated, then translocating to the cell membrane where it is subjected to be recognized by the SARS-CoV-2 spike. In this study, some natural product compounds are tested against the HSPA5 substrate-binding domain β (SBDβ), which reported to be the recognition site for the SARS-CoV-2 spike.
Methods: Molecular docking and molecular dynamics simulations are used to test some natural compounds binding to HSPA5 SBDβ.
Results: The results show high to a moderate binding affinity for the phytoestrogens (Diadiazin, Genistein, Formontein, and Biochanin A), chlorogenic acid, linolenic acid, palmitic acid, caffeic acid, caffeic acid phenethyl ester, hydroxytyrosol, cis-p-Coumaric acid, cinnamaldehyde, thymoquinone, and some physiological hormones such as estrogens, progesterone, testosterone, and cholesterol to the HSPA5 SBDβ. Based on its binding affinities, the phytoestrogens and estrogens are the best in binding HSPA5, hence may interfere with SARS-CoV-2 attachment to the stressed cells.
Conclusion: These compounds can be successful as anti-COVID-19 agents for people with a high risk of cell stress like elders, cancer patients, and front-line medical staff."

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

sammmy

The conclusion runs against reality: women have higher estrogens yet they aren't protected from coronavirus - their mortality is just slightly lower than men and not clear if this is due to 'estrogens binding to the virus'.
This is a computer simulation which is even lower as evidence than in vitro experiments, most of which are not confirmed in vivo.

Rock H. Johnson

I do not know about that slightly lower statement. The data says something different here:

MaleVsFemale.png

sammmy

Your data is incorrectly calculated and it shows percent male or female within all deaths. the samples do not have equal numbers of males and females and the ratio of these percentages you plotted does not equal the ratio of death rates.

Rock H. Johnson

@sammmy Your data / you plotted? Wow, are you taking everything personal? Did you even read the info on the website and the notes to the data?
I am sorry but I can not communicate and learn in this way, everything becomes an ego-clash with you.

Thanks, but no thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com