Some Solid SHBG Science

Buy Lab Tests Online

ERO

Its good to see some research that goes beyond the bro science.

Sex Hormone Binding Globulin: New Science Questions Old Beliefs

I have super low SHBG (averages around 10) and TRT has been a fail for me in any sense of feeling better than pre-TRT. Feels like I am interjecting water at any dosing schedule (including daily) or amount. Thryroid meds in any dose seem to be like taking water as well.

This article indicates that oleate intake upregulates SHBG production via downregulation of the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma (PPARɣ) so I have been taking olive oil capsules for a couple weeks and I try to add olive oil when cooking whenever I can. We'll see, I guess.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

DragonBits

I started using Life Extension ultra prostate formula to lower my PSA score.

It worked,my PSA went down from 4.2>3.4 and in 4 months my SHBG went from 41>66. Which is partially how it must work.

So if I wanted to raise SHBG, I would get the formula a try, maybe 3-4 months then retest.

Last edited:

DragonBits

That looks like a great supplement. I'm a lLE member and will definitely give it a shot. Thanks Dragon!

Let us know if it works.

What surprised me, I quit the prostate formula a month ago, my SHBG went from 66>73 and PSA from 3.4>3.2. So I speculated it just takes longer to clear my system than I thought it would.

I still expect SHBG will go back down, when I have no clear idea.

Soon I will test for total T, FT and E2. If SHBG went down, FT and E2 should reflect that by being higher that a month ago.

ERO

Ero why are you still on trt then?
Need to do an attempt at restarting my HPTA axis. I was low before and TRT feels no better but having a T level near zero (if I can't restart) is not healthy. I might be stuck with TRT.

Robotics

have you tried cytomel (t3) or just t4? i just started on it and my shbg went from 10 to 16 on the lowest dose. though i was taking some milk thistle as well, but i had taken some before and saw no change.

i tried the olive oil, milk thistle, berberine thing. didn't move by one point. I think that it will likely help some people, but will not help those who have low shbg due to thyroid dysfunction.

ERO

have you tried cytomel (t3) or just t4? i just started on it and my shbg went from 10 to 16 on the lowest dose. though i was taking some milk thistle as well, but i had taken some before and saw no change.

i tried the olive oil, milk thistle, berberine thing. didn't move by one point. I think that it will likely help some people, but will not help those who have low shbg due to thyroid dysfunction.

I have been on a compounded T3/T4 combo for years and it has no discernible effect on how I feel or on my SHBG numbers. My dose has been increased 4 times and it still makes no difference. I am very careful to take it on an empty stomach with no caffeine as well - I take it before bed which is at least 3 hours after my last meal.

antelopers

I heard berberine and metmorfin can increase shbg alot actually, i might look into that
I have normal shbg. I was on a high dose of berberine 3 times a day as an herbal antibiotic. It had no effect on my shbg levels. I'd suspect this would only work if insulin resistance was the cause of your low shbg

ERO

Attachments

• Thyroid.JPG
    Thyroid.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 116

ERO

I have normal shbg. I was on a high dose of berberine 3 times a day as an herbal antibiotic. It had no effect on my shbg levels. I'd suspect this would only work if insulin resistance was the cause of your low shbg

Metformin and Berberine (taken for 2 years) had no effect whatsoever on my SHBG.

Robotics

Your Free T3 is below mid range. should be ideally in the top 1/3rd of the range. Did you ever get to that part of the range? you may just need a larger dose to get you there. If your SHBG doesn't move once you are there, then i would rule thyroid out.

ERO

I agree with Robotics. You need to increase your dose of cytomel, to get a better level of free T3.

I will try that and keep my fingers crossed. The thing is, I have had my dose increased 4 times since I started thyroid meds and it never seems to to change any of my numbers to any useful degree. Might be a point higher here, a point lower there - basically what looks like normal testing margin of error between tests.

stx359

Science writers don't typically end every other sentence with exclamation marks. Also PPAR Gamma activators (i.e. thiazolidinediones) have been used for years to treat type II diabetes and metabolic disease. Up-regulating PPAR gamma lowers blood sugar and serum triglycerides and reduces insulin resistance. Why would you want to down-regulate it? This article makes zero sense.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me