Some questions for everyone.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Tonyp56

Ok, started TRT June 17th, supposed to do weekly injections, did 5th this morning. Anyways, feel better at gym (more strength, endurance etc.) Way better sex drive, however, ability to get and keep erections, if anything is less (reduced sensitivity). On top of this getting frequent headaches and feeling nauseated randomly. Have dealt with headaches in past but never nausea (if I got sick I threw up, there wasn't any nausea most of the day and night and then wake up feeling fine only to start feeling again later). I'm a welder so I'm exposed to the elements, have been for years, but that said it has been pretty hot. (Note: even today when I was inside I still got some nausea a few times today).

Of course, I called the clinic and they told me this isn't related to TRT and to go to my PCP.

My question is this, can it be related? Only thing different (TRT) and feeling things I've never felt before. (Sensitivity seems worse, which sucks because drive is higher or maybe I notice more lol)

Thank you,
(I purposely left out dose etc. because I don't want to affect any possible answers)

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Ok, started TRT June 17th, supposed to do weekly injections, did 5th this morning. Anyways, feel better at gym (more strength, endurance etc.) Way better sex drive, however, ability to get and keep erections, if anything is less (reduced sensitivity). On top of this getting frequent headaches and feeling nauseated randomly. Have dealt with headaches in past but never nausea (if I got sick I threw up, there wasn't any nausea most of the day and night and then wake up feeling fine only to start feeling again later). I'm a welder so I'm exposed to the elements, have been for years, but that said it has been pretty hot. (Note: even today when I was inside I still got some nausea a few times today).

Of course, I called the clinic and they told me this isn't related to TRT and to go to my PCP.

My question is this, can it be related? Only thing different (TRT) and feeling things I've never felt before. (Sensitivity seems worse, which sucks because drive is higher or maybe I notice more lol)

Thank you,
(I purposely left out dose etc. because I don't want to affect any possible answers)

Are you on an AI?

It's possible this is due to dehydration, since TRT can change the way your body holds and excretes water. If an AI is involved, then taking too much can explain the reduced penile sensitivity and dehydration.

Or your dose is really high, which I suspect it is due to you purposely leaving out dose. Lol you really expect answers that make sense?

Tonyp56

Ok. 200 mg test cyp and 1 mg AI compounded in single pre filled syringes (know AI and pre filled is not that good from here but stuck at moment). I left out to get an unbias response.

I drink lots of water and stay away from pop or sugared drinks (Gatorade here and there). What can I do to counter?

I figured AI was to blame, 14.8 was estradiol pre starting on Trt. (8.7- 30 i believe, don't know if it is sensitive test). Ok every time I try to edit post it deletes instead so not editing this post now (3 rd time)

Ok. 200 mg test cyp and 1 mg AI compounded in single pre filled syringes (know AI and pre filled is not that good from here but stuck at moment). I left out to get an unbias response.

I drink lots of water and stay away from pop or sugared drinks (Gatorade here and there). What can I do to counter?

I figured AI was to blame, 14.8 was estradiol pre starting on Trt. (8.7- 30 i believe, don't know if it is sensitive test). Ok every time I try to edit post it deletes instead so not editing this post now (3 rd time)

Leaving out critical information to receive an "unbiased" response... is worse than receiving no response. Think about it, would you want a response not based on YOU?

Your E2 is crashed, 1mg of IM anastrozole is going to likely tank your E2 faster than you can say "joint pain". Which brings up other symptoms, are you urinating more, thirsty more, have anhedonia, hot flashes that itch or anxiety?

So far your symptoms are fitting with low E2. Reduced penile sensitivity and inability to retain water.

Find a new doctor.

Tonyp56

Thanks again for good news. I fell for the whole testosterone clinic thing, thinking they would be best choice. Will find another Dr, actually just switch to Defy, but can not at moment, contract and already out $, can't really afford to pay more right at the moment until I can get out of this. Thank you i will do as you suggest already things I don't like about care at Universal Men's Clinic, not to mention what I've learned here after going there.

Thanks again for good news. I fell for the whole testosterone clinic thing, thinking they would be best choice. Will find another Dr, actually just switch to Defy, but can not at moment, contract and already out $, can't really afford to pay more right at the moment until I can get out of this. Thank you i will do as you suggest already things I don't like about care at Universal Men's Clinic, not to mention what I've learned here after going there.

Just be careful in the heat man, your body is not able to hold water as well as it did before. All of the symptoms you mentioned are dehydration, nausea and headaches.

It's really tough to keep hydrated when your E2 is super low, I tried before, the water just went right through me.

madman

Super Moderator

Testosterone/AI compounded, hard to believe they still use this.

Tonyp56

I agree AI is problem, but in short term, what can one do to counter low e-2? In regards to dehydration. Read salt and water are expelled so eating more salt isn't going to help.

I agree AI is problem, but in short term, what can one do to counter low e-2? In regards to dehydration. Read salt and water are expelled so eating more salt isn't going to help.

Stop taking AI. That's the only answer.

Think about it like this, if a person is drowning because someone is holding their head underwater, the best way to stop them from drowning is to take your foot off of their head.

A bit hyperbolic, but it gets the point across, albeit sarcastically.

Tonyp56

Answer might be correct, and I appreciate it, however, like I said, short term. Since I've already done my injection for this week and AI is compounded in it, I've got at least another week to deal with dehydration etc. That will likely worsen over next week.

CoastWatcher

Answer might be correct, and I appreciate it, however, like I said, short term. Since I've already done my injection for this week and AI is compounded in it, I've got at least another week to deal with dehydration etc. That will likely worsen over next week.

I understand your situation, but as long as an AI is being administered your estradiol will not rise. Your point, that you could push it even lower, is a distinct possibility. Did the doctor you are consulting explain that he'd ordered anastrozole to be compounded with your testosterone?

madman

Super Moderator

Even though you are frequently urinating and losing fluids/electrolytes as long as you constantly sip/drink fluids throughout the day that contain electrolytes to replace what you are losing mainly potassium/sodium/chloride it should help improve how you feel. Instead of drinking glucose laden electrolyte sports drinks purchase coconut water and add in natural sea salt or Himalayan salt.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17883020

Tonyp56

I didn't know at the time and already signed up before I knew. Yes, well the "patient care Coordinator" (doctors assistant) told me that he prescribes estrogen blocker to keep body from turning all new testosterone into estrogen, then when I took first shot and a pill, they told me when I get syringes it would be in it too.

Doing a simple Google search shows my symptoms are side effects of anastrozole. I called them yesterday and they told me not a side effect of trt so bold face lie right there.

CoastWatcher

I didn't know at the time and already signed up before I knew. Yes, well the "patient care Coordinator" (doctors assistant) told me that he prescribes estrogen blocker to keep body from turning all new testosterone into estrogen, then when I took first shot and a pill, they told me when I get syringes it would be in it too.

Doing a simple Google search shows my symptoms are side effects of anastrozole. I called them yesterday and they told me not a side effect of trt so bold face lie right there.

Would you take your car to a mechanic who "fixed" your automobile by doing something to it that caused it to run less efficiently? Who lied and told you his "adjustment" was not the cause of the problem, even though you knew it was? We take our bodies to doctors who are as incompetent as the mechanic in the scenario I just described. I'd look at the money you're out with this clinic as a very painful learning experience and start the process of transitioning to a new doctor. I don't know your situation, what your finances are, but you face a long journey with these people that isn't going to be easy or healthy.

Good advice given here. For other fellas reading, PLEASE be very skeptical of any clinic or doctor that requires you to sign a CONTRACT to stay under their care for any given length of time. This is usually as a guarantee of patient retention (at least for a year), but a good doctor and good clinic doesn't need to lock their patients into a contract...the patients are retained simply due to the quality care and results they achieve. There are rare exceptions, but generally this is a red flag (and a big one)!

Tonyp56

I am getting away from them, want to get out of contract as cheaply and quickly as possible. Says I'll have to pay for services and meds I've recieved and 20%. Well 13 injections (11 recieved in mail, 3 I've used +2 at office) 1 lab, and initial consult. Already paid $473, total for 18 months (labs, followups, and scripts) was $3,078.xx. $615 Or so is 20% next payment is 8-15 @ $173 and 1st followup is 8-12.

For me, I'm going to Defy Medical, will have to figure out all of that. Will not use anymore syringes, not worth way I feel. Calling them again tomorrow and point out side effect of the AI they gave me and that it's their responsibility to follow up on it. (Maybe but doubt it so I'll tell them I want to cancel)

Will go to Defy, but sure it will be a month or so before starting anything so 2 months of crashed hormones here I come. No other Dr around here that I know of. Know family Drs from several different people that give 1 time a month shots, know that's no better. So what else can I do.

Thanks

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching