Some labs out of range -- would you change anything?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Grendl

Hi All,

My question is: Given my data below -- would you change anything?

Me: 61yo, 5'10", 165lbs, TRT for nearly 2 years. I've titrated up over that time up to current .10mg test cyp SQ daily (last 6 months). Good body composition, good energy, good cognitive function, good libido/sexual function. Some slight sides (minor acne, maybe faster hair loss). In a nutshell, I "feel great" - I wish I were 40 years younger, but otherwise no complaints.

Current LabCorp results (ref range) show:

Total Test: 1016 (264-916) *high*
Free Test: 41 (5-21) *high*
Free %: 4%
Estradiol: 46 (8-35) *high*
IFG1: 249 (64-240) *high*

Lipids aren't great (total cholesterol 201) - but controlled w/statin, and historically stable. Considered low CVD risk due to general health/calcium score/etc. Everything else not listed above is within ref ranges.

I believe i could lower the T dose and bring the Test/Estradiol back w/in range... but I'm tempted to simply leave things where they are, and enjoy feeling/performing well. Would you change anything?

--

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
Hi All,

Me: 61yo, 5'10", 165lbs, TRT for nearly 2 years. I've titrated up over that time up to current .10mg test cyp SQ daily (last 6 months). Good body composition, good energy, good cognitive function, good libido/sexual function. Some slight sides (minor acne, maybe faster hair loss). In a nutshell, I "feel great" - I wish I were 40 years younger, but otherwise no complaints.

Current LabCorp results (ref range) show:

Total Test: 1016 (264-916) *high*
Free Test: 41 (5-21) *high*
Free %: 4%

Estradiol: 46 (8-35) *high*
IFG1: 249 (64-240) *high*

Lipids aren't great (total cholesterol 201) - but controlled w/statin, and historically stable. Considered low CVD risk due to general health/calcium score/etc. Everything else not listed above is within ref ranges.

I believe i could lower the T dose and bring the Test/Estradiol back w/in range... but I'm tempted to simply leave things where they are, and enjoy feeling/performing well. Would you change anything?

--

You are hitting a very high TT/FT level.

Glad to see that you had your labs done using the most accurate assays TT/estradiol (LC-MS/MS) and FT (Equilibrium Ultrafiltration).

Injecting daily there is going to be minimal difference in the peak--->trough.

You already have experience with lower doses and it seems as though you may have found your sweet spot.

I've titrated up over that time up to current .10mg test cyp SQ daily (last 6 months). Good body composition, good energy, good cognitive function, good libido/sexual function. Some slight sides (minor acne, maybe faster hair loss). In a nutshell, I "feel great" - I wish I were 40 years younger, but otherwise no complaints.

If you truly feel better running higher TT/FT levels and overall blood markers are healthy/not struggling with any sides on such protocol then ride it out and enjoy.

Personally, I would not fret over some minor acne.

Increased hair loss would be the s**tkicker for some but even then genetics plays a big role and some men can still experience MPB running lower levels of test.

Do what you feel is best for you.

madman

Super Moderator
I would decrease the dose, to see if I get the same benefit with less testosterone and less price and side effects.

Me: 61yo, 5'10", 165lbs, TRT for nearly 2 years. I've titrated up over that time up to current .10mg test cyp SQ daily (last 6 months).

Did you miss that part?

T

tareload

Me: 61yo, 5'10", 165lbs, TRT for nearly 2 years. I've titrated up over that time up to current .10mg test cyp SQ daily (last 6 months).

Did you miss that part?
What information above leads you to the conclusion the OP found his sweet spot? He titrated up and feels good. Great. Is there any info above ruling out he could titrate down, still feel good and prevent some of the side effects at lower TT/fT levels? Is 70 mg/week and corresponding TT/FT really MED for the OP? My read is the response surface has not been properly mapped out in full yet.

If he knew what was best for himself he darn sure wouldn't be posting on here. Nobody would. Feelings are nice though.

1670348512108.png

If I secretly switched his 10 mg/day to 5 or 7 or 8 would he notice any +/- difference after 6 months without bloodwork??

Last edited by a moderator:

sammmy

The OP is clearly flying above natural range at trough, and even more at peak. This is not required for resolution of hypogonadal symptoms. It is required if he wants to be a bodybuilder with the corresponding side effects.

I remember reading an old article about oral TU in the old days. They used lower doses TU back then and could only achieve low normal levels of circulating T. What was striking was that even these low levels were able to resolve hypogonadal symptoms and increase quality of life. If less is sufficient, why overdo it with possibility of long term side effects.

T

tareload

Table: conversion between peak/trough/mean for first order absorption/elimination PK model assuming 4.5 day elimination half life and 8 hr absorption half life

1670351645324.png

Very small difference between peak and trough with every day injection. Table above would dampen out for SQ (parameters were intended to simulate IM literature data).

Gman86

@Grendl Are u taking anything to get ur IGF-1 that high? That’s a great level to have if ur not taking anything, especially at ur age. I’m jealous, and I’m 36 lol

S1W

Hi All,

--

I wonder if you meant .10 ml... Not impossible I guess, but high numbers for 10 mg.

Anyway, I say if you feel great don't change anything.

T

tareload

I wonder if you meant .10 ml... Not impossible I guess, but high numbers for 10 mg.

Good clarification. Maybe 140 mg/week instead of 70? missed the decimal point.

Dose response estimate:
1670355528380.png

Grendl

You are hitting a very high TT/FT level.

Glad to see that you had your labs done using the most accurate assays TT/estradiol (LC-MS/MS) and FT (Equilibrium Ultrafiltration).

Injecting daily there is going to be minimal difference in the peak--->trough.

You already have experience with lower doses and it seems as though you may have found your sweet spot.

I've titrated up over that time up to current .10mg test cyp SQ daily (last 6 months). Good body composition, good energy, good cognitive function, good libido/sexual function. Some slight sides (minor acne, maybe faster hair loss). In a nutshell, I "feel great" - I wish I were 40 years younger, but otherwise no complaints.

If you truly feel better running higher TT/FT levels and overall blood markers are healthy/not struggling with any sides on such protocol then ride it out and enjoy.

Personally, I would not fret over some minor acne.

Increased hair loss would be the s**tkicker for some but even then genetics plays a big role and some men can still experience MPB running lower levels of test.

Do what you feel is best for you.

Thanks @madman, I appreciate the feedback!

Grendl

@Grendl Are u taking anything to get ur IGF-1 that high? That’s a great level to have if ur not taking anything, especially at ur age. I’m jealous, and I’m 36 lol

No, nothing other than test cyp and creatine, hopefully it's just genetic and not indicative of any problem. It does help I think with the body composition.

Grendl

I did indeed mean .10ml, .20mg -- I even thought about not making that type as I entered the text, and it somehow still slipped by me. So total of 140mg/week. Thanks for your comments!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me