Some insight on T cyp injection frequency and SC vs IM)

Buy Lab Tests Online
Wanted to drag over a discussion from the FB group so it doesn't get lost in the FB black hole (as Nelson calls it) for all of time and perhaps can enlighten folks for more than a few days. A member posted the following (copy/paste so hopefully formatting cooperates):

I switched to daily SubQ injections at 140mg per week. I was previously injecting IM on MWF at 140mg per week. Here are the shocking results:

IM:
Testosterone,Free and Total 1151 ng/dL 348 - 1197

Free Testosterone(Direct) 20.4 pg/mL 7.2 - 24.0

SubQ:
Testosterone,Free and Total 1500 ng/dL 348 - 1197

Free Testosterone(Direct) 44.3 pg/mL 7.2 - 24.0

Various members went on to discuss and postulate why this may occur. It's important to note that for the MWF injection routine, the patient had labs on Mon (after last injection Friday- no injection Sat, Sun, or Mon prior to lab draw). The daily SC lab draw was on the day after a daily SC injection (prior to the next injection).

My response (again copy/paste so forgive if formatting acts funky):

This is very common with DAILY injections, regardless of if it's SC or IM. Most folks don't have the desire or wherewithal to stick to a daily injection routine in the LONGterm without developing "injection fatigue" or becoming noncompliant. For those that can (and actually WANT to inject daily), they can often (with a few exceptions for unique cases) get away with lower cumulative weekly dosages than folks who do once weekly, twice weekly, or even three times weekly injections. Again, this happens with both SC and IM (I have seen both) and is really a factor of the frequency of injections more than the location/technique of injections.

The complicated reasoning is due to the pharmacological parameter of TERMINAL half life, accumulation, and steady state. In simplest terms, T cyp does not reach a TRUE steady state with once weekly, twice weekly, or three times weekly dosages (although twice weekly and three times weekly come close enough for our purposes, but there is STILL variation). On the other hand, daily injections, at least pharmacologically speaking, are capable of achieving a TRUE steady state (even less fluctuation than BIW/TIW) and consequently can often use smaller dosages. Now this comes with the obvious trade off of poking yourself 365 times per year vs 156 (three times weekly) vs 104 (twice weekly)...in the real world and clinical practice, the subjective/symptomatic difference usually isn't large enough to outweigh the increased hassle (except for a select few). Hope this isn't too complex or technical, but hope it helps with understanding! Indeed an interesting phenomenon.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

lcvl

Having three of the most prominent TRT experts in the world (Dr. Saya, Chrysler and Vergel) post and share their experience on this forum...

I guess I'm not the only one to deeply appreciate the effort and time you guys take to educate/help us in improving our quality of life.

Thank you, guys!

Wanted to drag over a discussion from the FB group so it doesn't get lost in the FB black hole (as Nelson calls it) for all of time and perhaps can enlighten folks for more than a few days. A member posted the following (copy/paste so hopefully formatting cooperates):

I switched to daily SubQ injections at 140mg per week. I was previously injecting IM on MWF at 140mg per week. Here are the shocking results:

IM:
Testosterone,Free and Total 1151 ng/dL 348 - 1197

Free Testosterone(Direct) 20.4 pg/mL 7.2 - 24.0

SubQ:
Testosterone,Free and Total 1500 ng/dL 348 - 1197

Free Testosterone(Direct) 44.3 pg/mL 7.2 - 24.0

Various members went on to discuss and postulate why this may occur. It's important to note that for the MWF injection routine, the patient had labs on Mon (after last injection Friday- no injection Sat, Sun, or Mon prior to lab draw). The daily SC lab draw was on the day after a daily SC injection (prior to the next injection).

My response (again copy/paste so forgive if formatting acts funky):

This is very common with DAILY injections, regardless of if it's SC or IM. Most folks don't have the desire or wherewithal to stick to a daily injection routine in the LONGterm without developing "injection fatigue" or becoming noncompliant. For those that can (and actually WANT to inject daily), they can often (with a few exceptions for unique cases) get away with lower cumulative weekly dosages than folks who do once weekly, twice weekly, or even three times weekly injections. Again, this happens with both SC and IM (I have seen both) and is really a factor of the frequency of injections more than the location/technique of injections.

The complicated reasoning is due to the pharmacological parameter of TERMINAL half life, accumulation, and steady state. In simplest terms, T cyp does not reach a TRUE steady state with once weekly, twice weekly, or three times weekly dosages (although twice weekly and three times weekly come close enough for our purposes, but there is STILL variation). On the other hand, daily injections, at least pharmacologically speaking, are capable of achieving a TRUE steady state (even less fluctuation than BIW/TIW) and consequently can often use smaller dosages. Now this comes with the obvious trade off of poking yourself 365 times per year vs 156 (three times weekly) vs 104 (twice weekly)...in the real world and clinical practice, the subjective/symptomatic difference usually isn't large enough to outweigh the increased hassle (except for a select few). Hope this isn't too complex or technical, but hope it helps with understanding! Indeed an interesting phenomenon.

Ive fully considered a daily injection, I don't think I'd have any fatigue from the daily but currently with an EOD schedule works quitre well for me so I've resisted tinkering with things any further. I had no problem with daily HCG for a period, I just tend to not think HCG is that great (based on subjective feeling) but do use it 2x a week lately.

CoastWatcher

I've injected 16mg/daily since the first of July. Never missed a shot, I preload syringes, and have reached the point that the actual injection process is over in less than 30 seconds. I adopted this protocol to deal with estradiol that was climbing higher and higher. I didn't want to use an AI unless absolutely necessary, and my doctor agreed this was a reasonable way to approach the matter. Injections, nothing fancy, shorter needles in my thigh, lowered the e2 to 25. Total testosterone comes in between 900 and 950, free testosterone at 31. In all subjective respects, mood/energy/concentration/libido, I couldn't be more pleased.

Jay

I was on 160 mg T total @ 2x week and .5 Armidex 2x week
Blood work after 6 weeks
Total T 425
E2 Sensitive 27

Changed protocol to 180 mg T total @ 3x week (60mg per shot) and .5 Armidex 3x week
Blood work after 6 weeks:
Total T 900
E2 17

Was told to stay on protocol

BTW, donated blood today and Hemoglobin was 16.6

CoastWatcher

Blood work after 6 weeks
Total T 425
E2 Sensitive 27

Changed protocol to 180 mg T total @ 3x week (60mg per shot) and .5 Armidex 3x week
Total T 900
E2 17

You've been on the AI since starting your protocol? I ask because your E2 is low, even with 180mg of testosterone. I wonder what it would be like without one (not that I'm advocating for you to make a unilateral change).

Last edited:

Jay

Correct. When first starting TRT I was not able to wear my wedding ring...however, when put on AI I could so clearly I was hold some water

I am thinking about splitting my dosage and try everyday approach and maybe drop AI to 2 tabs a week? I get blood work done again for Defy in few months and see what E2 is then I guess. Or maybe just stay on current protocol and talk to Dr. then?

LOL I try not to focus too much on numbers as it gets crazy over thinking it. My workouts are good and my waist dropped from 43" to 34" which is awesome so I know it is working on that side, however, my libido is not so good. I never get morning wood. Honestly I kinda gave up on that dream :)

Before joining Defy I did cream but T never got over 550 but I was def more horny...<sigh>

Last edited:

CoastWatcher

Correct. I am thinking about splitting my dosage and try everyday approach and maybe drop AI to 2 tabs a week? I get blood work done again for Defy in few months and see what E2 is then I guess. Or maybe just stay on current protocol and talk to Dr. then?

LOL I try not to focus too much on numbers as it gets crazy over thinking it. My workouts are good and my waist dropped from 43" to 34" which is awesome so I know it is working on that side, however, my libido is not so good. I never get morning wood. Honestly I kinda gave up on that dream :)

Before joining Defy I did cream but T never got over 550 but I was def more horny...<sigh>

I'm a believer that working with you doctor, discussing changes before they're implemented is the best way to go (and working with Defy means you are getting top of the line care, no question). Why not schedule a phone conference and bounce the idea around with them? And, by the way, you're absolutely right about not getting caught up in number game.

Blood work after 6 weeks
Total T 425
E2 Sensitive 27

Total T 900
E2 17

Jay - glad you're with us, my friend. Out of curiosity, are you with myself or Dr Crisler? Either way you're in excellent hands, but doesn't have the "feel" of one of my regimens.

Superman

i really wanted to do daily injections but i am just not cut out for it. I tried to do hcg daily per my last visit with Dr Saya and that lasted all of 3 or 4 days before I got sick of it and went back to 2x a week.

canatct

Is anyone doing every day IM injections? If so what gauge and length needle?
I tried subq eod but my total and free T plummeted and e2 shot up.

Jay

Dr. Crisler. Keep in mind I think he is great and got me feeling a lot better! Just wish libido was better? I have another 3 months left on protocol til 6 month checkup...you think I should do a consult? Would be great to get sex drive up a bit

Dr. Crisler. Keep in mind I think he is great and got me feeling a lot better! Just wish libido was better? I have another 3 months left on protocol til 6 month checkup...you think I should do a consult? Would be great to get sex drive up a bit

He is a great physician, without a doubt! I am proud to count him as a friend and teammate.

Libido is one of the more convoluted symptoms as there are SO many variables that can impact libido (stress, sleep quality- apnea?, mood, exercise, hormones - MANY, not just T/E, connection with partner, PARTNER'S libido - I have seen data suggesting higher partner libido will boost your libido, and on and on..).

With that said, you mention you lost a ton of weight, from waist size 43" to 34"...congrats! This is likely a classic case of losing weight and needing LESS aromatase inhibition (less adipose cells = less aromatase = less need for inhibition of aromatase). I suspect Dr Crisler wasn't aware of the degree of weight loss, or he would have likely decreased your anastrozole accordingly.

I would simply schedule a consult with him, he can't help you if he doesn't know about the issue you are struggling with. I suggest drawing some labs: T, E, SHBG, DHT, prolactin (and any other labs if you are due) and scheduling a consult to discuss with him. Best of luck!

Jay

huh...yeah that makes sense about the weight loss. OK will call tomorrow to get a script for those blood work numbers and update Dr. C

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me