Some Fatigue 3 Weeks Into Dose Increase: Normal?

Buy Lab Tests Online

JYD21

I just increased my dose from 96mg split MWF to 120mg split MWF, 3 weeks ago. Last week (starting week 2) I had a few days of fatigue and brain fog.

It seems to be lifting a bit now, but since I'm still new to this, I'm curious if this can happen and will level off.

My levels at the op of the ranges at 96mg weekly. My provider (on TRT himself and well-respected in the community) thought it was worth a shot to go up slightly and see what that does more toward symptom relief. We'll take new labs at the 6-week mark.

Thoughts?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I just increased my dose from 96mg split MWF to 120mg split MWF, 3 weeks ago. Last week (starting week 2) I had a few days of fatigue and brain fog.

It seems to be lifting a bit now, but since I'm still new to this, I'm curious if this can happen and will level off.

My levels at the op of the ranges at 96mg weekly. My provider (on TRT himself and well-respected in the community) thought it was worth a shot to go up slightly and see what that does more toward symptom relief. We'll take new labs at the 6-week mark.

Thoughts?
My thought is, why are you increasing your dose? So with your old dose you're having issues and now you hoping to improve on how you feeling?

JYD21

My thought is, why are you increasing your dose? So with your old dose you're having issues and now you hoping to improve on how you feeling?
Thanks for the reply. Yes, that's correct. I increased by provider's suggestion to see if that helped resolve some issues.

Since I am 5 months into TRT, we're finding the sweet spot.

If it is not common to experience some of the brain fog/fatigue on an initial dose increase, then perhaps that dose is not right if it does not subside.

Hence, checking to see qualitatively what others have experienced.

JYD21

You can’t be making judgements about your new protocol 3 weeks in, more like 6-8 weeks.
@Systemlord I agree with you and thanks for the reply.

I'm definitely not judging the new protocol at this point, rather, just seeing of what I am feeling could be a side effect of titrating upward vs. something else non-TRT related. Just seeing if anyone had similar experiences going up or down on dose.

I am going to give it another 3 weeks for a total of 6. ...Being patient and I appreciate you all's patience with newbies like myself.

Vince

Super Moderator
Thanks for the reply. Yes, that's correct. I increased by provider's suggestion to see if that helped resolve some issues.

Since I am 5 months into TRT, we're finding the sweet spot.

If it is not common to experience some of the brain fog/fatigue on an initial dose increase, then perhaps that dose is not right if it does not subside.

Hence, checking to see qualitatively what others have experienced.
Before starting TRT, I had brain fog. My first protocol was 70 mg. Of testosterone twice a week and 500 IU of HCG twice a week. I injected both on the same day and all my issues were solved.

The only issue I had after that was high HCT which took 2 years to stabilize and then I no longer had to donate blood.

JYD21

Before starting TRT, I had brain fog. My first protocol was 70 mg. Of testosterone twice a week and 500 IU of HCG twice a week. I injected both on the same day and all my issues were solved.

The only issue I had after that was high HCT which took 2 years to stabilize and then I no longer had to donate blood.
Thanks, @Vince . Appreciate the feedback. So you've never experienced any side effects while going up or down in dose?

Curious: how did you get your HCT to stabilize after 2 years. Did it resolve on it's own or as you change dose volume and frequency, added supplements, etc.

Cheers.

Vince

Super Moderator
Thanks, @Vince . Appreciate the feedback. So you've never experienced any side effects while going up or down in dose?

Curious: how did you get your HCT to stabilize after 2 years. Did it resolve on it's own or as you change dose volume and frequency, added supplements, etc.

Cheers.
After 2 years I went to daily injections. As soon as I did my HCT stabilized, not everyone have gotten the same results from daily injections.

JYD21

I'm now 8 weeks into my dose increase (120mg, up from 100mg).

The dullness, brain fog has never really gone away. General fatigue on most days as well. ...I am wondering if my dose is too little or too much. Kinda frustrating.

My doctor requested labs which I will be taking this Friday and including thyroid, even though my thryoid numbers looked great back in September.

Will report back later.

JYD21

Flat and steady hormones isn’t for everyone, some men need bigger fluctuations to make TRT work better.
Yeah, I've wondered if going to twice a week would be better for me. Some guys obviously feel better with less injections and the labs look good as well. Cheers.

S1W

The dullness, brain fog has never really gone away. General fatigue on most days as well. ...I am wondering if my dose is too little or too much. Kinda frustrating.

My doctor requested labs which I will be taking this Friday and including thyroid, even though my thryoid numbers looked great back in September.

Will report back later.

How has your sleep been with the dose increase? For some guys, higher doses decrease the quality of their sleep. Overstimulated CNS?

Just one possible explanation for the fatigue and brain fog that you’re experiencing.

Systemlord

Yeah, I've wondered if going to twice a week would be better for me. Some guys obviously feel better with less injections and the labs look good as well. Cheers.
Targeting high normal T isn’t always the answer either. Too much T can be just as bad as Low-T as far as symptom resolution is concerned.

JYD21

How has your sleep been with the dose increase? For some guys, higher doses decrease the quality of their sleep. Overstimulated CNS?

Just one possible explanation for the fatigue and brain fog that you’re experiencing.
It’s been more restless these last two weeks. Since starting TRT it’s been decent but not super consistent. Some great nights and some not so great.

I wear an Oura ring to track sleep and got an Wellvue O2Ring to track if I have apnea. Between both, nothing points to apnea.

I have had some stress with work and relationship with my girlfriend of 5 years.

Targeting high normal T isn’t always the answer either. Too much T can be just as bad as Low-T as far as symptom resolution is concerned.
This is what makes me think my dose could be too high for me. 100mg per week put me at the top of the ranges with FT being over.

madman

Super Moderator

Will report back later.

Always post blood work (lab/assays used/reference ranges) otherwise we are going to be shooting in the dark.

madman

Super Moderator
It’s been more restless these last two weeks. Since starting TRT it’s been decent but not super consistent. Some great nights and some not so great.

I wear an Oura ring to track sleep and got an Wellvue O2Ring to track if I have apnea. Between both, nothing points to apnea.

I have had some stress with work and relationship with my girlfriend of 5 years.

This is what makes me think my dose could be too high for me. 100mg per week put me at the top of the ranges with FT being over.

Would not put too much weight behind this unless you had your FT tested using the most accurate assays (Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration).

Even then did you test at the true trough?

JYD21

Would not put too much weight behind this unless you had your FT tested using the most accurate assays (Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration).

Even then did you test at the true trough?
Attached below was exactly on 48 hours after injection on a Wednesday on Sept 7th, when I was about 3 months in. I pin MWF.

This was on 100mg weekly.

I’ll get new labs on Friday.
1A31876B-F3BA-4426-8198-2516416A472E.png

JYD21

You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to figure out what to do next.
I’m thinking reduce the dose? My new doc thought to try going slightly higher but at this rate and how I’m feeling, I’m thinking lower the dose or consider an exit protocol

madman

Super Moderator
Attached below was exactly on 48 hours after injection on a Wednesday on Sept 7th, when I was about 3 months in. I pin MWF.

This was on 100mg weekly.

I’ll get new labs on Friday.
View attachment 28109

Primo!

At least you tested using accurate assays.

Keep in mind that you did not test at the true trough which would be Monday morning on such protocol (M/W/F).

Even then your dose was bumped from 100--->120 mg/week split (M/W/F).

Your peak let alone trough TT, FT, and estradiol are going to be even higher.

You are missing some critical blood markers such as CBC which includes RBCs, hemoglobin, and hematocrit.

Keep in mind increasing your FT is also going to drive these up further!

Need to throw SHBG in there too.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching