Solution to infamous high HCT low ferritin dilemma

Buy Lab Tests Online
@Dr Justin Saya MD Just curious, for urself, or anyone else, what is ur preferred ferritin range, if u have one.

Lots of factors to consider, but below 30 gives me pause for the potential implications of iron deficiency. Above 250 and you start considering if systemic inflammation is at play (ferritin is well known as an iron storage indicator, but is also an “acute phase reactant” = increases during inflammatory process).

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

M.J

Just wanted to report my ferritin level, started retaking iron supplement for more than a week now, and these are my results:

Ferritin 24ng/ml range (26,388)

iron level 8.8 micmol/L range (11.6-31.3)

I am assuming I am really low and after may last donation it went very very low that’s when sleeping issues came back.

currently I am sleeping good but will keep taking iron to go much higher.
Also:
HCT 46
Hemoglobin 16

My peak and trough testosterone are about 50 nmol/L and 25nmol/L (after injection and before)

SkyWarn

I dropped my T dose to 14mg EOD and my HCT stays around 51 and HGB 18
almost 2 years since last donation.
I am perplexed why HGB is 18 with a HCT of 51 honestly.

Update:
New labs;
HCT 49
HGB 17.0
Not sure why the change since my protocol has not changed, however I am happy with the results. 2 years and no blood donations. Total T is 750

JimGainz

Here’s my latest,,,

two month this ago I had ferritin tested about a month after donating and it was 11. I have always struggled with high hct as well as estradiol so my TRT doc suggested lowering the Test dose, which I did. this test had me at total test of 930, free T at 192 and hct at 48.4. Note - I tried raising ferritin using the 3 day blast method outlined in this forum. These labs reflect a Test dose of 46 MG E3D with 200 IU HCG at injection days.

just got labs back on my new labs back. New protocol on is 25 mg Test EOD along with 20 mg Deca ( last labs were with no deca) 150 HCG on injection days. Test was 720, Free test was 142, hct 48.3 and ferritin was 15.. no improvement in ferritin despite taking supplements and eating a meat based diet. At least hct didn’t climb from adding the deca so I don’t have to give blood

Gman86

Here’s my latest,,,

two month this ago I had ferritin tested about a month after donating and it was 11. I have always struggled with high hct as well as estradiol so my TRT doc suggested lowering the Test dose, which I did. this test had me at total test of 930, free T at 192 and hct at 48.4. Note - I tried raising ferritin using the 3 day blast method outlined in this forum. These labs reflect a Test dose of 46 MG E3D with 200 IU HCG at injection days.

just got labs back on my new labs back. New protocol on is 25 mg Test EOD along with 20 mg Deca ( last labs were with no deca) 150 HCG on injection days. Test was 720, Free test was 142, hct 48.3 and ferritin was 15.. no improvement in ferritin despite taking supplements and eating a meat based diet. At least hct didn’t climb from adding the deca so I don’t have to give blood

How u feeling mentall and sexually with the deca in there compared to test only?

JimGainz

How u feeling mentall and sexually with the deca in there compared to test only?
Libido always goes down a bit on Deca - however I’m willing to trade that for decreased joint pain. Off Deca, my rotator cuff injury and other joint issues rage on and I have to change my entire weightlifting routine. On Deca - I’m doing one arm overhead kettlebell presses with 65lbs with no issues or pain at all.

Cognitively I noticed no change. In fact I seem calmer and more focused running low dose Deca - perhaps it has something to do with diminished joint pain.

bixt

I’m doing one arm overhead kettlebell presses with 65lbs with no issues or pain at all.

How do you know you are not injuring yourself further and the deca is simply masking the pain?

Deca doesnt increase strengh of tendons or joints that I know of. It either increases fluid in the joint (like E2) or numbs pain at the nerves and/or brain, we not even sure which.

My theory is it numbs nerves, at joints and in the penis as well.

JimGainz

There have been studies which show that it does much more than simply masking pain. One of the benefits of Deca is that it dramatically reduces inflammation of the joints and tendons. Lower inflammation is the primary cause of the relief. However, once you come off, the inflammation does come back although not to the degree as before.

With injuries such as torn rotator cuffs, the steroid does not repair the tear, but it allows me to train pain free, which builds up the surrounding muscles and connective tissue so that as long as I’m not pushing myself too much, or going to hard to fast, I can slowly increase the weight which actually seems to help with overall shoulder pain relief and stability.

Gman86

There have been studies which show that it does much more than simply masking pain. One of the benefits of Deca is that it dramatically reduces inflammation of the joints and tendons. Lower inflammation is the primary cause of the relief. However, once you come off, the inflammation does come back although not to the degree as before.

With injuries such as torn rotator cuffs, the steroid does not repair the tear, but it allows me to train pain free, which builds up the surrounding muscles and connective tissue so that as long as I’m not pushing myself too much, or going to hard to fast, I can slowly increase the weight which actually seems to help with overall shoulder pain relief and stability.

Ur using 70mg of deca per week atm? Is 70mg the least u’ve found that gives u the joint relief benefits? Or have u not tried lower or higher doses of deca than that?

JimGainz

Ur using 70mg of deca per week atm? Is 70mg the least u’ve found that gives u the joint relief benefits? Or have u not tried lower or higher doses of deca than that?
Correct the 20 mg EOD comes out to 70 per week. At one point I had it up to 110 which provided even better relief but I am trying to keep HCT in check

JimGainz

Here’s my latest,,,

I just had a consultation with my primary care physician and asked him about the ferritin. His advice was similar to some of what was in the videos and what I have seen elsewhere - if the hemoglobin and red blood cell count is normal and you’re feeling generally OK don’t even worry about Ferritin.

Gman86

Correct the 20 mg EOD comes out to 70 per week. At one point I had it up to 110 which provided even better relief but I am trying to keep HCT in check

What number do u like to keep HCT below? Low dose Telmisartan is a great way to keep HCT down, just an fyi

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me