Sodium Hyaluronate 1% for osteoarthritis of the shoulder

Buy Lab Tests Online

BigTex

I have severe osteoarthritis in my right should and have had the cortisone shots until they are just no anylonger doign the the pain is pretty bad. Normally the doctors would inject Sodium Hyaluronate 1% into the joint and it releaves the pain for up to 6 months. It has worked well on my left knee. However our dear FDA approves it for one joint but has not approved it for the shoulder. Despite research showing it works. So Insurance will not pay to have this treatment down on the shoulder or hip. My doctor told me if I could get the medication they will have someone at the imaging departement use ultrasound and inject it. Through Good RX this damn medication run $1300. So a quick phone call to my friend in China and he told me there is a company in that China makes the same product but much less expensive for me. In fact, $25 for the same product. So I just saved $1275 and insurance got to pay for the imaging proceedure.

So I had to drive to downtown Houston to the medical center to get the injection done on my shoulder. There was a doctor and 3 assistants doing the work. I had to lay dow when they used a imaging machine to scan my should in real time. So they deadened the skin with a spray and placed a thin, long needle into the anterior part of the shouder and the image allowed them to guide it into the joint. Then they injected a small amount of lidocaine and then they screwed the Chinese medication which comes pre-loaded in a syringe, into the needle already in my shoulder and injected it. Absolutely no pain. In fact, I did not even know they had a needle in my shoulder. Much more complicated doing it this way but the idea is to make sure the medication is directly in the joint. I go back now for the next two weeks and have the 2nd and 3rd dose administered. I will know tomorrow after the lidocane wears off how well this stuff is working. If it works I will be mostly pain free for 6 months.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
T

tareload

I have severe osteoarthritis in my right should and have had the cortisone shots until they are just no anylonger doign the the pain is pretty bad. Normally the doctors would inject Sodium Hyaluronate 1% into the joint and it releaves the pain for up to 6 months. It has worked well on my left knee. However our dear FDA approves it for one joint but has not approved it for the shoulder. Despite research showing it works. So Insurance will not pay to have this treatment down on the shoulder or hip. My doctor told me if I could get the medication they will have someone at the imaging departement use ultrasound and inject it. Through Good RX this damn medication run $1300. So a quick phone call to my friend in China and he told me there is a company in that China makes the same product but much less expensive for me. In fact, $25 for the same product. So I just saved $1275 and insurance got to pay for the imaging proceedure.

So I had to drive to downtown Houston to the medical center to get the injection done on my shoulder. There was a doctor and 3 assistants doing the work. I had to lay dow when they used a imaging machine to scan my should in real time. So they deadened the skin with a spray and placed a thin, long needle into the anterior part of the shouder and the image allowed them to guide it into the joint. Then they injected a small amount of lidocaine and then they screwed the Chinese medication which comes pre-loaded in a syringe, into the needle already in my shoulder and injected it. Absolutely no pain. In fact, I did not even know they had a needle in my shoulder. Much more complicated doing it this way but the idea is to make sure the medication is directly in the joint. I go back now for the next two weeks and have the 2nd and 3rd dose administered. I will know tomorrow after the lidocane wears off how well this stuff is working. If it works I will be mostly pain free for 6 months.
How in the world did you get them to inject you with your stuff? Is that not a huge liability concern for the medical center? Impressive @BigTex. Wow.

T

tareload

Not to give you any ideas but you have the intra articular injection hookup.

BigTex

How in the world did you get them to inject you with your stuff? Is that not a huge liability concern for the medical center? Impressive @BigTex. Wow.
My ortho has a friend in radiology in the same healthcare system, which is the largest in Houston. They did a recorded verbal agreement of me acknowledging that product I was using I brought in and me agreeing to allow them to do this. The box at least had English on the front to describe what was in it, the dosing and what it was intended for. The rest of the box was Chinese.

You know @readalot, this is the fault of the FDA. As the doctor said, a joint is a joint. If it is approved by the FDA to work for one joint it should work for another. Yet the FDA has not approved it for anything but the knee, so they force Americans to get medications (right to try) from any country we can. So in essence this is off label drug use with a drug imported from another country, completely legitimate. Prices here are ridiculous so I went to a country that has it cheaper. In this case, the blackmarket shipped it but it was purchased from a legitimate Chinese pharmaceutical company. Was it a risk, very little... I have known the Chinese who got the medication for me for maybe 15 years now, even traveled to China to meet the guy a few years back at a trade conference. Even met his wife and kids. I completely trust him. He works as a biochemist so I got peptides from him as well as hGH for many years, all produced in the legitimate lab he works for.

This morning the lidocaine has worn off and there is some muscular soreness from the injection which went completely though the anterior deltoid into the glenohumeral joint. But there does seem to be a significate reduction in pain.

T

tareload

My ortho has a friend in radiology in the same healthcare system, which is the largest in Houston. They did a recorded verbal agreement of me acknowledging that product I was using I brought in and me agreeing to allow them to do this. The box at least had English on the front to describe what was in it, the dosing and what it was intended for. The rest of the box was Chinese.

You know @readalot, this is the fault of the FDA. As the doctor said, a joint is a joint. If it is approved by the FDA to work for one joint it should work for another. Yet the FDA has not approved it for anything but the knee, so they force Americans to get medications (right to try) from any country we can. So in essence this is off label drug use with a drug imported from another country, completely legitimate. Prices here are ridiculous so I went to a country that has it cheaper. In this case, the blackmarket shipped it but it was purchased from a legitimate Chinese pharmaceutical company. Was it a risk, very little... I have known the Chinese who got the medication for me for maybe 15 years now, even traveled to China to meet the guy a few years back at a trade conference. Even met his wife and kids. I completely trust him. He works as a biochemist so I got peptides from him as well as hGH for many years, all produced in the legitimate lab he works for.

This morning the lidocaine has worn off and there is some muscular soreness from the injection which went completely though the anterior deltoid into the glenohumeral joint. But there does seem to be a significate reduction in pain.
I wasn't disputing the product. Just marveling how you threaded the needles on this. You continue to blow me away. Props to you.

T

tareload

Careful they will have to make a new rung at the top called the "BigTex":

1663938851073.png

BigTex

Not to give you any ideas but you have the intra articular injection hookup.

Thanks! Very interesting.

There is also a product called Pentosan Gold that is used on race horses. It contains Sodium pentosan polysulfate 250 mg/ml, glucosamine 150mg/ml. It supposedly reverses the effects of osteoarthritis in the joints via a series of actions including: A concentrated anti-inflammatory and stimulant of cartilage synthesis, repair and protection. This has been popular for years with the athletic community but now is very tightly controlled by veterinarian prescription only. It is administer at a dose rate of 3 mg/kg bodyweight, intra-articular. Imagine the look on my doctor's face when I told him I had used this in the past and done the injections myself. Unfortunately it has become very hard to get.

I may try this. I have already gone the triamcinolone route and it didn't do the job this last injection. Possibly the steroid will help.

Last edited:

BigTex

I wasn't disputing the product. Just marveling how you threaded the needles on this. You continue to blow me away. Props to you.

I understand, however I guess there was a little small bit of doubt in my mine. Never used Communist pharmaceuticals before. Silly me, never had a 2nd thought about using their raw products. Just the same @readalot, I am still not sure how I pulled this off. Another large hospital system here absolutely refused to do the injection only because it was not approved by the FDA. They had no idea where the medication was coming from.

By the way, my son has a copy of the LADDER. "Make it happen."

BigTex

Just got the full report back from the hospital. Here is a picture of what they call FLUOROSCOPY

FLUOROSCOPY.jpg

The skin was prepped and draped in the usual fashion under aseptic precautions. 1% lidocaine was utilized for local anesthesia.

Under fluoroscopic guidance a 25 gauge needle was used to access the shoulder joint.

0.5 mL of Omnipaque 300 was injected under fluoroscopic guidance to confirm intra-articular needle placement.

25 ml of hyaluronic sodium and 3 mL of 0.2% ropivacaine were subsequently injected.

Just got back from shoulder day at the gym. I cut the workout a little short as the injection site pain in the anterior deltoid was a little high. They did tell me I could resume full activities today. They actually had 3 doctors there watching the proceedure as well as a PA and two nurses. There was a crowd of people there.

BigTex

After my 1st injection I had a reduction in pain but still had quite a bit of pain remaining. Just got my 2nd injection last Thursday and initially there was some injection site pain but this weekend the overal pain is much less than last week. Today I was actually able to wash the dirty windows of my car. I have not been able to use my right shoulder in years to do anything like that. Almost no pain. I have one more injection next week to complete the 3rd injection proceedure. I am very positive now that this will help the severe osteoarthritis I have in the right shoulder. On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the worst, I am now down to maybe a 2 in general, to a 4 when I reach accross the body. Last week I was still not able to reach across the body without very bad pain.

T

tareload

Glad you are feeling better BigTex. I know how bad shoulder pain can be. That is awesome news!

Hope the next injection makes you feel even more better. ;-)

T

tareload

Wow who would've thought? What's the term...Lincoln shot?
1669817342797.png

Of course corticosteroid injections will destroy joint over time.

BigTex

Absolutely corticosteroids are a risk. Unfortunately my experiment with hyaluronic sodium in the shoulder just didn't show much relief. The pain level started quickly getting pretty bad. So I went in on the 7th to get a ZILRETTA injection which is triamcinolone acetonide extended-release injectable suspension. This stuff last about 4 months and is very slow releasing and considered safer than cortisone shots. Eventually I am going to have to have complete shoulder replacement. Just putting it off. The added benefit to this injection is it goes systemic and gave me a huge relief in the back pain. The rest of the hyaluronic sodium I just had injected in my knee. So the knee is great, the back tolerable and the shoulder is 50%.

BigTex

Findings from a single-arm phase IIIb study indicated that a repeat administration of triamcinolone acetonide ER may be similarly efficacious to an initial injection without having deleterious effects on cartilage or other aspects of joint structure.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me