So many post on low Shbg, what range is low shbg?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Dunc

New to the forum and very new to trt (only 10 days in). I've had 4 tests pre trt over 18m and all with shbg with following results: 23 (latest and lowest) , 26, 31, 34 nmol/L. Should I be worried about having low shbg? Currently my protocol is e5d 125mg Sustanon. Do I need to move to EoD or every day? Worried I may be a non responder.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
New to the forum and very new to trt (only 10 days in). I've had 4 tests pre trt over 18m and all with shbg with following results: 23 (latest and lowest) , 26, 31, 34 nmol/L. Should I be worried about having low shbg? Currently my protocol is e5d 125mg Sustanon. Do I need to move to EoD or every day? Worried I may be a non responder.

The average SHBG level of a healthy young male is 30-35 nmol/L

Dunc

The average SHBG level of a healthy young male is 30-35 nmol/L
Thanks for quick responae @madman. I'm determined to follow the correct process and wait 3 months to see how current protocol works. Also know I'll have some ups and downs in next 6-8 weeks whilst I dial in. Is there anything I should look out for that would indicate issue with low shbg?

madman

Super Moderator
Thanks for quick responae @madman. I'm determined to follow the correct process and wait 3 months to see how current protocol works. Also know I'll have some ups and downs in next 6-8 weeks whilst I dial in. Is there anything I should look out for that would indicate issue with low shbg?

I would not fret over it as your hormones will be in FLUX during the weeks leading up until levels stabilize and some men will experience ups/downs during the transition.
Once blood levels stabilize have blood work done to see where said protocol (dose T/injection frequency) has your TT/FT/estradiol/SHBG let alone blood markers such as RBCs/hemoglobin/hematocrit.

If your TT/FT levels are in a healthy range then you will need to give it a couple months as even though blood levels have stabilized it will take a few months for the body to adapt to the new levels and this is the CRITICAL time period when one should gauge how they truly feel overall regarding relief/improvement of low-t symptoms.

If by chance your TT/FT levels are too low than a slight dose increase may be needed let alone a change in the injection frequency depending on where your SHBG sits.

Dunc

I would not fret over it as your hormones will be in FLUX during the weeks leading up until levels stabilize and some men will experience ups/downs during the transition.
Once blood levels stabilize have blood work done to see where said protocol (dose T/injection frequency) has your TT/FT/estradiol/SHBG let alone blood markers such as RBCs/hemoglobin/hematocrit.

If your TT/FT levels are in a healthy range then you will need to give it a couple months as even though blood levels have stabilized it will take a few months for the body to adapt to the new levels and this is the CRITICAL time period when one should gauge how they truly feel overall regarding relief/improvement of low-t symptoms.

If by chance your TT/FT levels are too low than a slight dose increase may be needed let alone a change in the injection frequency depending on where your SHBG sits.
Thanks @madman. Have labs booked in @ 6 weeks and no plans to change protocol for at least 3 months so think I'm on right plan. Probably just over analysing every slight variation in mood, will just ride it out. This forum is great and full of info but can be a bit daunting.

ERO

You will know if you are a non-responder if you get your protocol settled so the numbers all look good "on paper" but you feel no different than you did when you had "Low T."

I speak from the experience of somebody with super low SHBG.

Dunc

You will know if you are a non-responder if you get your protocol settled so the numbers all look good "on paper" but you feel no different than you did when you had "Low T."

I speak from the experience of somebody with super low SHBG.
Mixed bag up to now but know that it's far too early to judge. Libido feels much better but erection quality is worse. Have moments of great moods then back to normal. Great gym session today but body weight/fat is rapidly going up.

I'll just need to hold firm for a few months, I'm less than 2 weeks in so need to have some patience.

With your low shbg how did you manage it? What is your injection protocol?

ERO

I have tried it all, except for pellets. Bi-weekly injections, daily injections, creams alone, creams and injections, T-cyp, T-prop, etc. For me, its not hard to get good numbers "on paper" and unlike a lot of low SHBG guys, I don't have a hard time controlling high E2 levels. In terms of what worked, nothing has so far. By "worked" I mean a protocol that has made me feel better than I did when I had Low T on any useful measure like better libido, better energy, being able to recover well from exercise (I don't recover well now - its like i have low T even if I am at the top of the normal range).

I have a consult next week and I am hoping to do a protocol similar to Vince where I drop my T dose and ad low dose Nadrolone. I sure have my fingers crossed as I have run out of anything else to try. I don't have any co-morbidity like diabetes, high BP, I don't smoke or drink more than a glass of wine once in awhile, but I am almost 57 and shut down now so a re-start is unlikely to work, otherwise I could save myself a lot of money quitting TRT and all the blood work expense that goes along with.

Dunc

I have tried it all, except for pellets. Bi-weekly injections, daily injections, creams alone, creams and injections, T-cyp, T-prop, etc. For me, its not hard to get good numbers "on paper" and unlike a lot of low SHBG guys, I don't have a hard time controlling high E2 levels. In terms of what worked, nothing has so far. By "worked" I mean a protocol that has made me feel better than I did when I had Low T on any useful measure like better libido, better energy, being able to recover well from exercise (I don't recover well now - its like i have low T even if I am at the top of the normal range).

I have a consult next week and I am hoping to do a protocol similar to Vince where I drop my T dose and ad low dose Nadrolone. I sure have my fingers crossed as I have run out of anything else to try. I don't have any co-morbidity like diabetes, high BP, I don't smoke or drink more than a glass of wine once in awhile, but I am almost 57 and shut down now so a re-start is unlikely to work, otherwise I could save myself a lot of money quitting TRT and all the blood work expense that goes along with.
Have to say this type of response to treatment is my biggest fear. Sounds like you've had a rough time and hope I have the same patience in testing all options. I've read some interesting threads on nandrolone as a secondary, really hope it helps you. Will keep a watch in your progress.

I'm gonna try not to stress too much, would you say my shbg numbers are low?

ERO

Your SHBG is a lot higher than mine which seems to range between 8-15, so you should have a better chance of success. In general (There is always the odd unicorn out there) the lower the SHBG, the harder time one has with TRT. With your SHBG at 23 and with you just getting started, I would remain hopeful.

bluerage

I can relate to ERO as my SHBG sits around 12. Although I have seen some improvements in brain fog, body composition and libido I feel emotionally flat, don't recover well from the gym, have poor erections, and still feel fatigued. Overall TRT has improved my quality of life, just not as dramatic as I'd have hoped for.

Dunc

I can relate to ERO as my SHBG sits around 12. Although I have seen some improvements in brain fog, body composition and libido I feel emotionally flat, don't recover well from the gym, have poor erections, and still feel fatigued. Overall TRT has improved my quality of life, just not as dramatic as I'd have hoped for.
Do you feel you've exhausted all options with your protocol such as injection frequency, amount of T, type of T, nadralone, AIs etc? Is it improved enough to make it worthwhile?

bluerage

It's definitely made an improvement and I'll continue TRT for the long haul.
I've changed the things I can such as injection frequency and IM vs SQ. Daily injections or SQ weren't for me so I've settled on EOD shallow IM.
I've varied the dose from 80 mg/wk to my current 120 mg/wk.
I'd be very interested in trying daily proprionate injections but I don't it's available in Canada. I'd also like to try adding nadralone but I don't think my doctor would be agreeable.

madman

Super Moderator
I've changed the things I can such as injection frequency and IM vs SQ. Daily injections or SQ weren't for me so I've settled on EOD shallow IM.
I'd be very interested in trying daily proprionate injections but I don't it's available in Canada. I'd also like to try adding nadralone but I don't think my doctor would be agreeable.

In Canada, the most commonly prescribed injectable esterified testosterone is big pharma Delatestryl (enanthate) or Depo-Testosterone (cypionate).

T propionate is not used mainly because of its short half-life (requiring frequent injections) let alone no doctor would prescribe nandrolone as it is used primarily in the treatment of anemias and wasting syndromes.

The majority of people in Canada being treated on trt are covered by an insurance plan through the province they reside in.

We have very few payout of pocket trt clinics and nothing close to Defy.

I live in Ontario and I know there are some high-end trt clinics in the greater Toronto area if you are willing to pay top dollar $$$ and some may offer such options but even than Canada is very strict when it comes to prescribing steroids so doubtful they could find a loophole to prescribe nandrolone for therapeutic reasons other than the treatment of anemia or wasting syndrome.

duramax

You are my exact age and it seems we have the exact problem. My SHGB is around 12. I hope to follow your posts and see if you get things figured out .......like me. I even tried the pellets....bad decision. thanks for your posts......I thought I was the only one.

Dunc

Did you experience a honeymoon period or was it always just average? I'm so early in to process I'll need to wait at least 3 months to change anything but really useful to hear other peoples experiences and protocols

ERO

You are my exact age and it seems we have the exact problem. My SHGB is around 12. I hope to follow your posts and see if you get things figured out .......like me. I even tried the pellets....bad decision. thanks for your posts......I thought I was the only one.

I have a consult coming up this week or early next and I will update on my new protocol and then after 6 week on it. I don't have many options left, so I have my fingers crossed.

duramax

I have a consult coming up this week or early next and I will update on my new protocol and then after 6 week on it. I don't have many options left, so I have my fingers crossed.
I finally decided to go with Defy to help me out, but so far it's just adjusting things. I inject .12 daily from an insulin syringe. I do it in the shoulder. I have HCG but don't really think it helps me out? Tried a combination injection/cream....no big change either. I also was prescribed a low dose AI (arimidex). It's been a hard journey for at least 17 years. Who is your consult with? I haven't found and physicians out there that had a clue about HRT, especially when you mention low SHGB. That's why I decided to try Defy.

ERO

I am with Defy as well and my consult is tomorrow. (Thursday) I will update with the details when I have them.

I know what you mean though, a lot of TRT docs still think low SHBG is beneficial instead of hugely problematic.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me