So does HCG actually preserve fertility?

Buy Lab Tests Online

JCUSN

One of my largest reasons for stopping TRT was that I want to have a child. With LH and FSH consistently at 0.0, I know that will be a problem.

For the life of me, I cannot find real proof that HCG whole on TRT, and what dosage is required, will maintain a man’s fertility.

Is this info not out there? Does anyone really know?

Cheers.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

JCUSN

Well it appears I may have screwed myself forever. Even the FSH didn’t produce 20+ million.

I tried a clomid restart, but experienced eye symptoms. Is there any alternative to clomid or nolvadex for a restart? My recent labs had me at 255 total T, 10.8 Estradiol. This is with no medication whatsoever. Pre-TRT I was around 550 total T. I just want at least those levels back.

Vince

Super Moderator
Your pre levels were 550, not bad. I don't know how long you were on trt but you should be able to recover and hopefully get back to 550. If you do all the right things, proper diet, good supplements, no alcohol or street drugs and exercise. You should be able to eventually get back to your old levels. I would also consider having a complete thyroid panel, TSH, free T4, free T3, reverse T3 and antibodies. Good thyroid levels will also help you recover.

HealthMan

I’ve been off since July 26. I took 3 weeks of Clomid, but had to stop because of the vision sides.
Way too early to test your testosterone levels. Your body has barely got rid of the exogenous testosterone and it is just starting to recover (and you stopped clomid). You need a decent restart protocol (you can find info on that in this forum).
You mentioned eye problems with clomid. Have you tried tamoxifen instead?

HealthMan

Well it appears I may have screwed myself forever. Even the FSH didn’t produce 20+ million.

I tried a clomid restart, but experienced eye symptoms. Is there any alternative to clomid or nolvadex for a restart? My recent labs had me at 255 total T, 10.8 Estradiol. This is with no medication whatsoever. Pre-TRT I was around 550 total T. I just want at least those levels back.

What do you mean by even the FSH didn’t produce more than 20mm+? You are talking about your experience or mine? If you are talking about mine i was taking - on purpose - an extremely low dose of FSH. A more proper dosage for full benefits in the fertility department would be at least 75IU EOD. But i am not currently trying to have a child. Just want to keep my testicles functioning but not at 100% speed when it comes to sperm count. If and when i need i can bump my dosage up and sperm count will rise

HealthMan

A few more notes. Have you tested your sperm count before and during TRT? Were you using HCG while on TRT? If you were fertile before and wants to go back to TRT i would consider HCG 500IU 3x a week and check sperm count after a few months. If necessary add FSH and test again in a few months. If you don’t want to get back on TRT do a proper restart protocol

JCUSN

Way too early to test your testosterone levels. Your body has barely got rid of the exogenous testosterone and it is just starting to recover (and you stopped clomid). You need a decent restart protocol (you can find info on that in this forum).
You mentioned eye problems with clomid. Have you tried tamoxifen instead?

I have not tried tamoxifen. I did just take my first dose today of trying clomid at 12.5mg EOD, as recommended in another thread on here. Could I just jump from Clomid to Tamoxifen? I can order it immediately.

JCUSN

What do you mean by even the FSH didn’t produce more than 20mm+? You are talking about your experience or mine? If you are talking about mine i was taking - on purpose - an extremely low dose of FSH. A more proper dosage for full benefits in the fertility department would be at least 75IU EOD. But i am not currently trying to have a child. Just want to keep my testicles functioning but not at 100% speed when it comes to sperm count. If and when i need i can bump my dosage up and sperm count will rise

I’m talking about your experience and how you mentioned you were still under the 20 million mark which is what docs consider fertile. I think I missed the part where you mentioned you were underdosing. My bad! So then you believe one can be on TRT and incorporate FSH injections to become fertile enough to have a child?

Thanks for all the info!

HealthMan

I’m talking about your experience and how you mentioned you were still under the 20 million mark which is what docs consider fertile. I think I missed the part where you mentioned you were underdosing. My bad! So then you believe one can be on TRT and incorporate FSH injections to become fertile enough to have a child?

Thanks for all the info!

Remember that all you need is one swimmer. Of course if you sperm count is too low the probabilities of fathering a child are not in your favor. TRT + HCG works for some. Your sperm count will most likely be lower than without TRT but i most cases not zero. However in some cases HCG alone is not enough to give you a decent sperm count (my case).
The best way to find out is by getting a sperm analysis done. If too low add FSH. Just remember that FSH at optimal dosage can be really expensive (a few thousand dollars a year using compounded FSH and 10k+ using brand names)
But in my opinion if you were fertile before TRT i see no reason why a combination of HCG + FSH with TRT would not work. The only possibility I see is if someone was on TRT without HCG/FSH for a long time

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

JCUSN

The combo only worked in 66% of patients when it was studied at Baylor. Those who were older and had a longer testosterone exposure prior to adding HCG did not have normalization of sperm counts.

Here is the abstract
Time on TRT and Age Predict HCG Response

Luckily I’m still “somewhat young” and I was always on minimum 600iu HCG per week. I do believe I’ll up that dose to 900iu per week though, and potentially decrease my weekly 100mg Test C to 80mg.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
The study used 1500 mg HCG per week plus TRT. We have guys on here who have reported no sperm improvements until they followed the study's protocol.

HealthMan

Luckily I’m still “somewhat young” and I was always on minimum 600iu HCG per week. I do believe I’ll up that dose to 900iu per week though, and potentially decrease my weekly 100mg Test C to 80mg.
Make sure you get a sperm analysis done. Don’t assume that this protocol will work. Hopefully it does. But it is far from 100%

Weasel

My long story short, I had a sperm count of "ZERO" while on trt, test cyp only. I then began to add in hcg at 500iu EOD to my TRT regimen. At the 6-8 month out mark, I had a sperm count of over 100 million.

Its not all doom and gloom. It works for a lot of guys but it sounds from your posts that you are jumping all over the place, never staying on one medication long enough for it to actually work.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me