Slightly high Prolactin Level

Buy Lab Tests Online

Luke717

I am not on test yet, I have been on HCG monotherapy for 3 weeks. My T level is in the 100's so I had more labs done. My prolactin is slightly out of range. Does anyone know what this may mean?

My Value Standard Range
Prolactin 22.1 ng/mL 3.0 - 17.9 ng/mL

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
I have very high prolactin. I’m assuming it’s a result of my testosterone injections not being managed correctly. After reading a bit I’m guessing that it’s estrogen induced. After a test shot it will make the nips turn white and make them burn like crazy. Even after HCG when I tried It. Anastrozole helped with that. So it makes me wonder if that AI helps with the high prolactin levels.

But High prolactin is also side effects of benzodiazepines or high blood pressure meds or some side effect of other meds. Or unfortunately high prolactin is a sign of a pituitary tumor.

I started seeing a Dr and he sent me to an expensive mri right away.
Turns out I don’t have a tumor.
But I’m on high blood pressure meds and take 0.5 alprazolam at night before bed most nights.

I’ve read a lot of doctors will tell patients to stop taking those med 3 days and come back and blood retest before sending them into an expensive mri .mine didn’t. Plus when I started seeing him he was aware I just gave myself a test injection. And I asked what about something to manage the high estrodial here Doc.? Smh

So at this point I’m guessing maybe my meds. Maybe estrogen induced. Maybe both. I’m glad I don’t have a tumor. But there are studies or journals online about estrogen induced tumors on the pituitary .

I’m just learning. And I just told my endocrinologist I’m canceling. I need someone to help me figure it all out. That will actually help , me and not try to turn me into Michale Jackson .
I would like to know if an AI like anastrozole will help manage high prolactin levels as well ? I’m even thinking about staying clean until I find a good Dr. if that’s even possible. Finding a dr?

My advice would be not to worry to much. If it’s a tumor Most are not malignant . And it doesn’t mean you have a tumor. But I didn’t hesitate to get it checked. ASAP I would not let any red flag like that go on the back burner.
All the best to you.

Last edited:

captain

Tumor prolactin levels are way higher. Proton pump inhibitors also increase prl. I recall that levels spiking to 30 are normal. 22.1 could be from stress or meds. I think thyroid problems can cause it as well.

Tumor prolactin levels are way higher. Proton pump inhibitors also increase prl. I recall that levels spiking to 30 are normal. 22.1 could be from stress or meds. I think thyroid problems can cause it as well.

My endo Dr made me get an MRI around 33 . I’ve read that it’s high enough to be concerned in a man’s blood work. 22 not quite as bad. But I understand the concern.

Prolactin levels of between 30 ng/mL and 200 ng/mL are considered moderately high. This level of prolactin in the blood can have many causes. If test results show high levels of prolactin, further tests may be needed.

But I’m still always skeptical of him or any Dr. until I know for sure.
But I’m learning not to trust him the more I deal with him.

I just cancel his appointment yesterday and I asked for my records and they wanted to charge me so I just went to lab corp for my blood work. So I’m just learning all this as I go along here

If the idiot would have waited he would have seen my prolactin would have returned to normal levels after quitting testosterone cypionate and could have saved me a ton of money and trouble.

I just seen my blood work , it shows my test serum levels at 80. My estrodial is now in normal range. And so is my prolactin.
so I paid $1000.00 deductible on an mri I didn’t even need. What was the point in making me stop taking everything ?

Maybe someone can learn from mine and unfortunately my endocrinologist ignorance And save some money and time and trouble.
I’m actually learning about all this now and seeing my blood results for the first time as of yesterday so please excuse me.

From what I have read prolactin levels won’t drop to normal if it is a tumor present either. So if that is true that means ;just by quitting meds that cause high prolactin is a good way to be safe and know for sure without having to spend all your money.
I would advise anybody be safe and know for sure ofcourse.

But If all That info I’ve been taking in is correct (and it seems to be legit ) it also indicates that dr was a completed ass hat for sending me to an mri to spend all my damn money to begin with. But still it’s better to be safe than sorry.

Last edited:
After all this I would probably suggest any trt doctor or any patient to get their prolactin levels checked before any testosterone to prevent all that confusion High prolactin is a red flag.

It is good to be sure what is causing prolactin levels to jump. If you start trt and it jumps after having it checked. At least you will know ahead of time.
Maybe Even getting a prolactin test on the blood work before starting HCG as well. I assume The only way to be able to know for sure is quit and re check. But I’m not a pro And I sure wouldn’t talk to my doctor. I’m done with him.

Last edited:

captain

The combination of very low test and high prolactin is probably the standard for ordering the MRI. You shouldn't have to do the MRI from one set of labs and needs confirmed on multiple sets of labs before you get the MRI order.

Maybe you should be my dr. I like the way you think a lot better . A lot more considerate!

But My test serum was 700 on the first blood test with the high prolactin. When he ordered the mri. And That was this past September. And I assume that was him just showing off !

later on like last month is when my test was low and my prolactin back to normal. (Just now getting to see those results ) What an ass hat this guy turned out to be. I’ve been without a long time now.

Hopefully our friend here with prolactin at 22 won’t have to deal with all that.
Hcg will cause your estadial to rise. And I had the sore nips so my guess is prolactin goes up as well. I would guess the high estrodial makes it all happen.

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching