Sleep Apnea: Why Does Testosterone Make it Worse?

Buy Lab Tests Online

eyeheartny

As part of an unsuccessful recent experiment with my protocol (nandrolone added to testosterone), my sleep apnea appears to have gotten noticeably worse over a very short period of time. I haven't been treating my OSA since it's typically so mild if I sleep on my side.

I'm wondering if anyone has come across up to date research on the mechanism by which androgens can exacerbate sleep apnea, as I'm curious if that might point me toward how to fix my sleep in the short term while I let the nandrolone cycle out of my system and get back to normal for me.

I've seen @Nelson Vergel make a reference to testosterone exacerbating sleep apnea via central mechanisms (rather than making obstructive issues worse) and I'm curious if he or anyone else has seen anything more on that. I've searched and can't seem to locate anything that is helpful/informative on this matter.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Smokin Joe

I am convinced that TRT exacerbates sleep apnea as I have epiglottal sleep apnea.
I decided to stop TRT on 2 January 2020 to see if I would feel better.
I do.
While on TRT I was always tired though my numbers were good across the board.
Especially in the mornings through mid morning I would feel like a weight on me and not rested. Not attentive at all.

I've stopped TRT several times before and felt bad off the rip. For some reason not this time.
I'm supplementing with Auragin Ginseng and 50% Icariin in addition to my regular supplements of Boron-Zinc-Fish oil and a multi.
I am amazed at ho much better I feel and I do think it's the apnea.

The biggest thing I notice that is different about being off of TRT is my patience are a little short aand my penile sensitivity has decreased tremendously.
While on T I was aware of my wanker every ime the wind blew or it rubbed my pants. Not now but I'll work on that separately.

Have a sleep study tomorrow now that I know what tpe of apnea I have and then I'll make a decision on surgery and TRT.

I'll post my numbers off TRT at about the 90 day mark for info. I'm curious myself.
Good luck.

DixieWrecked

I have found this product to be invaluable in helping me treat my sleep apnea. I just wanted to share it because it has helped me train myself and it directs my treatment. It's so awesome. Robot Check

But to answer your question about why androgens do this I don't know. I just figured that more muscle mass in the neck causes OSA but that doesn't explain CSA

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
"Testosterone may worsen breathing by neuromuscular mechanisms. Testosterone treatment increases upper airway collapsibility (53), ventilation (54), and hypoxic (54) and hypercapnic ventilatory responses (55), leading to a reduced apneic threshold. These effects on breathing may occur particularly during NREM sleep (55), which is consistent with our findings. "

Short-Term Effects of High-Dose Testosterone on Sleep, Breathing, and Function in Older Men

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me