Skin issues - Cysts, Boils

Buy Lab Tests Online

T4lee

2 and a half years ago, after several years of using creams, I switched to injectables and Defy.

Since then I have had 3 infected cysts or boils, none anywhere near the injection sites. When I was back at the dermatologist he suggested that it could be testosterone since acne is a fairly common side effect.

Has anyone else heard of anything like this?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

S1W

I wouldn't consider them boils or cysts, but I definitely get larger/more painful acne on TRT than I did before. Usually around the back of my head/neck.

Note though that it wasn't as if I always had clear skin before TRT then all of the sudden acne appeared. I had acne as a teenager. It went away, but even well into adulthood I would get the occasional pimples in the same places that I do now.

Generally speaking, it seems like TRT may exacerbate acne in guys who are already prone to it. For guys that have never had any issues with acne, TRT is unlikely to have any effect in that regard.

You're producing more sebum due to the T. It's normal. It's only the extra accumulation of the actively live and dead skin cells caught up in a big ball of grease that can't quite make to the surface. This is like a buffet for bacteria. Voila, big ole painful cyst. Antibiotics can help for acute bouts. Short bout of methylprednisolone/prednisone both can help reduce the inflammation. Daily use of 10% benzoyl peroxide bar soap can help keep it under control too. Dermatologists aren't real keen on Rxing Accutane for anything less than really debilitating cystic acne. You'll also have to sign a contract with the dermatologist regarding follow ups and proper protocol for Accutane use if you went that route as well.

Last edited:

S1W

FWIW, I suspect, although cannot prove - that Accutane use as a teenager may have something to do with why I'm here in TRT land.

T-Bone

Before TRT I had body acne with lots of cysts/boils. Tried many soaps and found that using Head and Shoulders (plain one with zinc) as a body wash cleared everything up.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me