Should I be concerned?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Hank Moody

This morning I discovered what appears to be some sort of sediment or contamination in a recently opened 5ml vial of compounded 200mg/ml testosterone cypionate in grapeseed oil. This vial has never been exposed to heat or direct sunlight and has always been stored in a dark, cool place. While filling the syringe for my daily injection, I thought I noticed air bubbles but upon further inspection it looks like some type of sediment. Not sure how this could be pulled out of the vial and into the syringe but regardless it has me concerned. I have been on TRT for 5.5 years and have never encountered anything like this and am not sure what to do. I will not be using this vial any longer but not sure if I should inform my doctor and/or the pharmacy that I received the medication from. Thoughts or suggestions from the knowledgeable members here are appreciated.

1627660141032.png
1627660976441.png

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
This morning I discovered what appears to be some sort of sediment or contamination in a recently opened 5ml vial of compounded 200mg/ml testosterone cypionate in grapeseed oil. This vial has never been exposed to heat or direct sunlight and has always been stored in a dark, cool place. While filling the syringe for my daily injection, I thought I noticed air bubbles but upon further inspection it looks like some type of sediment. Not sure how this could be pulled out of the vial and into the syringe but regardless it has me concerned. I have been on TRT for 5.5 years and have never encountered anything like this and am not sure what to do. I will not be using this vial any longer but not sure if I should inform my doctor and/or the pharmacy that I received the medication from. Thoughts or suggestions from the knowledgeable members here are appreciated.

View attachment 15826View attachment 15827
That vial looks terrible, take it back to the pharmacy. If it came mail order, call them now.

bumpy

Looks like it crashed. Warm the vial up in very hot water (don’t boil it) and see if it dissolves the crystals.

Regardless, Test from a legit lab or compounder should not be crashing.

By the way if you inject it you will be in some very severe pain until those crystals dissolve in the muscle.

ivkonst2017

Looks like the test crystalized back, return that thing to the pharmacy. Bad preparation. I've kept testosterone in a fridge for months(dont do that) and nothing like that happened, but after I understood how wrong was that I threw it in the trash.

madman

Super Moderator

View attachment 15826View attachment 15827

The only way T would have crystallized is if it was stored at low temperatures.

Although far from common it can happen with big pharma let alone compounded T.

It will almost look like tiny pieces of fiberglass throughout the oily solution.

As others have stated warming the vial would redissolve any crystals that have formed

It can still be used.

post#15

Depo®-Testosterone (testosterone cypionate injection, USP) CIII

Pfizer Kalamazoo site has investigated the product complaints on Depo®- Testosterone regarding crystallization of contents in 100 and 200 mg/mL vials. The investigation has found that although crystals have been observed, the formulation of crystals does not impact patient safety, efficacy, or product quality when the US Product Insert (USPI) instructions are followed prior to administration.

Depo-Testosterone 100 mg/mL is very highly concentrated and 200 mg/mL is a supersaturated sterile solution for injection,
comprised of cottonseed oil, testosterone cypionate, and benzyl alcohol. The HIGH CONCENTRATIONS of active ingredients make the product very susceptible to CRYSTALLIZATION when EXPOSED TO TEMPERATURES LOWER THAN THE RANGES RECOMMENDED ON THE LABEL [20°C to 25°C (68°F to 77°F)].

The USPI states:

“Parenteral drug products should be inspected visually for particulate matter and discoloration prior to administration, whenever solution and container permit. Warming and shaking the vial should redissolve any crystals that may have formed during storage at temperatures lower than recommended.

Hank Moody

Looks like crystallized testosterone. Was it exposed to cold temps?
No it was not exposed to cold at all and I used about a quarter of the 5ml vial before I noticed the crystals. I will be sending it back to Empower today - I do not feel comfortable using it. I cracked open another vial today from the exact same lot and I will certainly be watching it closely to see if something similar happens.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me