SHBG vs estrogen

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nocalves

If there is some ideal T/E2 ratio, what role does SHBG have there?
I have extremely low SHBG, so should I reduce or increase ratio, because of different binding affinity.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
There's a normal range for E2/T that's about 0.3-0.6%, which if inverted gives T/E2 of around 16-30 with conventional units. I've previously argued that lower SHBG may be problematic in part because the ratio of free estradiol to free testosterone increases as SHBG decreases, assuming free testosterone is held constant. Somebody recently asked me what happens with free DHT. The Multi-Ligand model suggests that free DHT increases significantly with decreasing SHBG. In theory this could somewhat offset the increase in free estradiol, but the serum levels of free DHT are still quite low relative to free testosterone, so the effect may be minor.

To answer your question, the theory and anecdotal reports seem to point to a lower E2/T—higher T/E2—ratio as perhaps better with low SHBG. There's even a rule of thumb out there saying that estradiol in pg/mL should be similar to SHBG in nMol/L. I'd view this as a last resort, however. Lower and more frequent dosing should be tried first. I'd also ensure progesterone is normal before messing with an AI.

Nocalves

There's a normal range for E2/T that's about 0.3-0.6%, which if inverted gives T/E2 of around 16-30 with conventional units. I've previously argued that lower SHBG may be problematic in part because the ratio of free estradiol to free testosterone increases as SHBG decreases, assuming free testosterone is held constant. Somebody recently asked me what happens with free DHT. The Multi-Ligand model suggests that free DHT increases significantly with decreasing SHBG. In theory this could somewhat offset the increase in free estradiol, but the serum levels of free DHT are still quite low relative to free testosterone, so the effect may be minor.

To answer your question, the theory and anecdotal reports seem to point to a lower E2/T—higher T/E2—ratio as perhaps better with low SHBG. There's even a rule of thumb out there saying that estradiol in pg/mL should be similar to SHBG in nMol/L. I'd view this as a last resort, however. Lower and more frequent dosing should be tried first. I'd also ensure progesterone is normal before messing with an AI.
Very informative answer, thank you very much!

I suffered almost 2 years from low e2 even on high dose test E, thankfully now somehow my aromatization starts working and I try to solve opposite problem - high estrogen symptoms.
My problem with poor aromatization probably was from AI so I never touch it again.
Now I am on 15mg sustanon daily 5mg DHEA and 5mg Pregnenolone.
My progesterone is very low, but in our country it is in range (<0,64 nmol/l). What is optimal level of progesteron I should aim for? I have progesteron cream on my hand, but I would like to try if Pregnenolone bring my progesteron up first.

Match

SHBG here 62 nmol / l, high, including by rule of law, because E 32 pg / ml.

But if E increases as SHBG reduces, then less worse, because E would be bigger, okay? solace

Gman86

I suffered almost 2 years from low e2 even on high dose test E, thankfully now somehow my aromatization starts working and I try to solve opposite problem - high estrogen symptoms.
My problem with poor aromatization probably was from AI so I never touch it again.
My progesterone is very low, but in our country it is in range (<0,64 nmol/l). What is optimal level of progesteron I should aim for? I have progesteron cream on my hand, but I would like to try if Pregnenolone bring my progesteron up first.
So ur E2 permanently stayed too low even after stopping ur ai? What kind of ai did u use, how long did u use it for, and what dose per week were u using?

Nocalves

So ur E2 permanently stayed too low even after stopping ur ai? What kind of ai did u use, how long did u use it for, and what dose per week were u using?
Yes, first months my e2 was undetectable. I had to be on low dose d-bal or estrogen pills.. I can not remember what dose that exactly was, but I played with exemestan and anastrazole together. I was on cycle like dose of test, so I always optimized my e2. I was on 250-350mg weekly (cycled for 4 years) and lets say if single exemestane - 12,5mg 3x per week, if single anastrazole - 0,5mg 3x per week, if combination - half dose of each - this is what I always did with my cycle and I crashed my e2 a lot of time and had to wait week for e2 rise again, but one day it did not..
I can not say it was really from AI, some say it could caused SARMS rad140.
Anyway now it seems to be solved thanks god.

Gman86

Yes, first months my e2 was undetectable. I had to be on low dose d-bal or estrogen pills.. I can not remember what dose that exactly was, but I played with exemestan and anastrazole together. I was on cycle like dose of test, so I always optimized my e2. I was on 250-350mg weekly (cycled for 4 years) and lets say if single exemestane - 12,5mg 3x per week, if single anastrazole - 0,5mg 3x per week, if combination - half dose of each - this is what I always did with my cycle and I crashed my e2 a lot of time and had to wait week for e2 rise again, but one day it did not..
I can not say it was really from AI, some say it could caused SARMS rad140.
Anyway now it seems to be solved thanks god.
Thanks for the info. How long were u on rad140 for?

I’ve crashed my E2 with both exemestane, and anastrozole, at separate times, and never had an issues with E2 being permanently crashed or lower. Have heard of this happening tho. Seems to be extremely rare, however

Cataceous

Super Moderator
It's not clear what level of progesterone is optimal. It's good to recall that progesterone is opposing estradiol and DHT, so you don't want levels to be too high or too low. Because the various tests are not yet harmonized I would aim for the middle or average of the particular test's reference range. For example, the NIH reference range is 0.2-1.4 ng/mL or 0.64-4.5 nMol/L. The middle of this range is 0.8 ng/mL.

TorontoTRT

Your dhea and pregnenolone pills are way too low and won’t do anything.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me