SHBG Levels

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

Wherever your body operates more efficiently, there's a variability in the stickiness of SHBG from person to person, some guys SHBG level of 40 grabs on hard to all his testosterone where another guys SHBG level of 60 grabs on hard at that higher level.

I've heard of guys with SHBG levels under 15 who respond to TRT fast and have no problems at all on TRT. There's too much genetic variability for there to be one perfect SHBG level.

Vince

Super Moderator
The range is 19.4-76.4 through LapCorp, so you would think a level in the middle would be ideal. It's not something we can easily adjust.

Then you should maintain what you're doing by all means! Sometimes the high Free T you may have to watch if it drives your HCT and/or Estrogen.

Pumpiniron13

Then you should maintain what you're doing by all means! Sometimes the high Free T you may have to watch if it drives your HCT and/or Estrogen.

Not had much of a problem with hct, but recently split my shot to 3 times a week and no estrogen symptoms this far after one month. Blood Work next week

This question is hard to answer with evidence, but if I had to hypothesize, the ideal SHBG levels would be whatever the average is for young, healthy non-hypogonadal males ages 20-30. I haven't looked at any data, but I'd think this would be in the 20s/30s.

Pumpiniron13

This question is hard to answer with evidence, but if I had to hypothesize, the ideal SHBG levels would be whatever the average is for young, healthy non-hypogonadal males ages 20-30. I haven't looked at any data, but I'd think this would be in the 20s/30s.

I just turned 50... been on trt 3 yrs

Something to know there though what is "normal"? Lab ranges are just a sample of the population that the lab tests, no DR, scientist or any one else determined what normal really is. Maybe low is normal and everyone else is high.

HelloMoto

I think the lower end of SHBG means a less dose of test is needed to boost t levels and also typically associated with lower level of E2. At the other end of the spectrum its the opposite.

I think the lower end of SHBG means a less dose of test is needed to boost t levels and also typically associated with lower level of E2. At the other end of the spectrum its the opposite.

It's pretty much the opposite. Those with low SHBG will wind up with less total and free (contrary to popular belief) testosterone than those with normal levels of SHBG. Generally speaking, those with low SHBG will have a higher free to total testosterone ratio than those with mid-range SHBG, but the actual levels will tend to be lower on a mg per mg basis. Because SHBG binds more strongly to androgens than estrogens, those with low SHBG are also more sensitive to estradiol, because they will have an augmented free/total ratio of e2 compared to someone with mid-range SHBG levels. This ratio will be even more accented than the free t/total t ratio. On the other hand, those with too high SHBG will have disproportionately high total testosterone levels relative to free testosterone.

blackebob

It's pretty much the opposite. Those with low SHBG will wind up with less total and free (contrary to popular belief) testosterone than those with normal levels of SHBG. Generally speaking, those with low SHBG will have a higher free to total testosterone ratio than those with mid-range SHBG, but the actual levels will tend to be lower on a mg per mg basis. Because SHBG binds more strongly to androgens than estrogens, those with low SHBG are also more sensitive to estradiol, because they will have an augmented free/total ratio of e2 compared to someone with mid-range SHBG levels. This ratio will be even more accented than the free t/total t ratio. On the other hand, those with too high SHBG will have disproportionately high total testosterone levels relative to free testosterone.

Okay so just for your thought, what does that do for a guy with an SHBG of 20-24? Daily injections? EOD? I am not going to pretend I know what to do.

JMP

For reference in April of 2017 my pre TRT blood work had SHBG at 22. Defy had me start with a M/W/F schedule, total of 150mg/wk. In addition and I know this is a n=1 type thing and could have happened for other reasons but I started to supplement with NAC 2x daily in May/June of 17 as I started TRT. 3 month labs showed SHBH at 30 and after another 6 months SHBG at 31. I changed nothing else besides the NAC during that time. I would love to see someone else do that experiment. Anyway for the most part TRT has been successful for me at both SHBG levels. My only thought is can I go to a 3.5 day schedule to lessen injections?

Systemlord

For reference in April of 2017 my pre TRT blood work had SHBG at 22. Defy had me start with a M/W/F schedule, total of 150mg/wk. In addition and I know this is a n=1 type thing and could have happened for other reasons but I started to supplement with NAC 2x daily in May/June of 17 as I started TRT. 3 month labs showed SHBH at 30 and after another 6 months SHBG at 31. I changed nothing else besides the NAC during that time. I would love to see someone else do that experiment. Anyway for the most part TRT has been successful for me at both SHBG levels. My only thought is can I go to a 3.5 day schedule to lessen injections?

Were you a diabetic? Sometimes restoring testosterone levels can reverse type 2 and if that's the reason why SHBG was low, it might be why your situation has improved.

JMP

I was not diabetic but interestingly had a glucose that was a bit high at 105. Defy had me check my A1c and it was near the bottom of the range so they said not to worry about it. That was at the 3 month mark. 6 months later (3-4 weeks ago) my glucose dropped to 86 (normal in range).

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me