Testosterone Injection Methods: Shallow vs Deep IM

Buy Lab Tests Online

James

Has anyone had enough experience with both shallow and deep IM to notice a difference in how you feel or any variation with labs?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

chrismez

I haven't noticed any difference, my T levels are pretty consistent. I use a 27g insulin needle in my quad. After I insert the needle in my leg I push the syringe down prob another half inch into my leg. Quite easy and painless...

Nutpuncher

I rotate between 1", 3/4", 5/8" and 1/2" needles and the sizes are 25g, 27g and 29g. I don't notice any difference in feel from shallow IM or deep IM. I have not consistently stuck with one particular size and then did bloodwork and then switch to a different size and then did bloodwork. I'd don't care to do that experiment, but would love to read about others who do lol.

James

If you're injecting multiple times a week, a shallow IM with a smaller needle certainly makes sense for many reasons. I've always used a 1" needle. Started with 23g and have used 25g for the last 6 months. I've decided to change to 27g, 1/2".

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to use 1" 25g needles on my quads (deep). After reading many posts on this site, I switched to 1/2" 28g insulin needles on my delt (shallow) and now pinning is painless. At times, on my quad with the 1" 25g, it would feel uncomfortable with some pain and a LOT of nerves (probably because it was 25g). I dreaded watching the 1" needle go into my quad and almost stopping sometimes because of how deep I was watching it go in. Now I don't feel any pain pinning delts. I don't know what pinning shallow will do for my labs, but I feel much better pinning now and look forward to it. I changed my protocol and I feel much better, so I can't really say if it was the deep/shallow, protocol change, or the combination. Whatever it is, though, I'm gonna keep doing this knowing I feel great now. Sometimes it takes some time to figure out what works best for you and what feels most comfortable for you, but when you find it it will be hard to want to switch from that. I hope this helps! Good luck!

Not a not a Sub-Q folks here? I inject Test into my love handles most of the time.

Using 1/2 27g. Since switching to those pinning is painless, the only hassle is waiting for 50mg to drip into the syringe. I also sometimes use the delt or upper thigh to change it up a bit. But mostly I stick into the Subcutaneous layer.

James

Not a not a Sub-Q folks here? I inject Test into my love handles most of the time.

Using 1/2 27g. Since switching to those pinning is painless, the only hassle is waiting for 50mg to drip into the syringe. I also sometimes use the delt or upper thigh to change it up a bit. But mostly I stick into the Subcutaneous layer.

Agreed. Heard a lot from subq guys in the past, not so much anymore. The more vocal people on this site and all the mods seem to prefer IM.

Vitamin_C

I've used shallow IM and sub Q in fat pads above glutes and my numbers are near top range for TT and free T. I have used 30g 1/2 inch and 26-27g 1/2 inch. I rotate between delts, quads, and fat pads above glutes.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me