Shallow IM to SubQ Switch - It is On!

Buy Lab Tests Online

psaufan

So, I had been doing shallow IM (25g x 5/8") into the upper arm for the last year or so. I cannot do this injection myself, for whatever reason...so, the wife had been doing it. I recently switched - using the same 25g x 5/8" needle to subq in the glute. When doing, I, or the wife, slightly pinches up the skin and does the injection. I also have 27g x 1/2" that I plan to use when traveling, as I sometimes cannot twist around to do the glute injection due to lower back issues...question about alternate injection sites below.

A couple of questions:

(1) I do my HCG injections in the "love handles", rotating sides. I do my subq Ipamorelin injections in my abdomen. So, for the subq test cyp injections...what are my options: glutes? thigh? other areas that might work? does one area tend to be a better site than the other in regards to absorption?

(2) I've been doing these subq injections now for right at two weeks and I feel like I'm in a trough...hard to get up in the morning and moody as heck. Is this part of a normal transition from IM to subq? Suggestions?

I've done some Google research and some people say they hit a trough but transitioned out after a few weeks due to the change in 'absorption rate'? I know the dangers of Google research, so I thought to ask everyone here.

Thoughts and insight...opinions and suggestions are appreciated!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nashtide

It’s so strange how a simple switch like this can cause issues. Our bodies will absorb the injected substance into the blood stream either way. I just don’t understand how it could make that much of a difference for someone who has been on T for awhile?!?

Rabbit91476

i switched from im to sq about 3 weeks ago when I upped my dose from 100mg to 124mg.. I feelt like crap on week two for a few days then back to normal. don't think I have fully felt the difference of yet other than that the initial boost from im i don't seem to get from sq. but then it could all be mental

When I settled on 16mg/D I was shooting SQ in the upper thigh or belly and my FT was right about the max lab range in trough, but when I switched to my delts I've consistently gotten much higher numbers TT/FT. I get such better absorption in the delts. Its just a numbers thing though I don't really feel anything better, or worse between the two, per se.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
In theory, when going from IM to subQ you will see a transient dip in levels. This is due to the longer half-life of subQ versus IM.

Blackhawk

There are many subQ injections sites. I use skin over glutes and flanks below the belt line, love handles and around the umbilicus. I also tried over quads but experienced more bleeders. Apparently I have more capillaries/venules near the surface over my thighs.

YMMV

Vtail

I have elected to alternate between the IM into the delts and SubQ into the belly. I figure it will smooth out the pros/cons of whichever method ultimately turns out to be better or worse. On paper my numbers are good, and subjectively I feel no different.

psaufan

I am unable to inject on my own into my shoulders...something about crossing my arm over my chest tightens up the shoulder I am injecting into and it will spasm and that hurts like heck.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me