Buy Lab Tests Online

S1W

I have read all of the anecdotes. Threads like this are not rare. I myself have experienced the “odd” (because it’s hit and miss) libido and less satisfying orgasms.

However, TRT effectively CURED Peyronies for me. I’m talkin’ my erections were curved like a banana and painful. They’re not anymore. If it weren’t for TRT I may have never had sex again, so I’ll take the less intense orgasms, etc in lieu of the alternative.

For guys like me that came to TRT with a specific issue to address, it has been a godsend.

TRT is definitely medicine that effectively treats certain conditions. As with most medications, there are side effects/trade offs.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
I won't give a recommendation here, since I haven't figured this topic out for myself yet 100%.

What I can offer is some of my observations and anecdotes from recent try and error.

Even "small" changes in dosage leads to noticeable variations in libido and sexual function for me.

On 8-10mg/day test prop I have an outrageous libido. If I only go up 2mg per day to 12mg/day, my libido almost disappears and I have sensitivity / orgasm problems.

The ester plays a big role to me as well, same protocol with test phenylprop (half-life only 1 day longer than prop) and my libido disappears and I have sensitivity / orgasm problems.

Same applies for certain brands of test prop.

Small additions in supplements e.g. pregnenolone, dhea, hcg can completely kill my libido.

The best libido and sexual function I experience with small daily injections without any ancillaries or supplements.

antelopers

I won't give a recommendation here, since I haven't figured this topic out for myself yet 100%.

What I can offer is some of my observations and anecdotes from recent try and error.

Even "small" changes in dosage leads to noticeable variations in libido and sexual function for me.

On 8-10mg/day test prop I have an outrageous libido. If I only go up 2mg per day to 12mg/day, my libido almost disappears and I have sensitivity / orgasm problems.

The ester plays a big role to me as well, same protocol with test phenylprop (half-life only 1 day longer than prop) and my libido disappears and I have sensitivity / orgasm problems.

Small additions in supplements e.g. pregnenolone, dhea, hcg can completely kill my libido.

The best libido and sexual function I experience with small daily injections without any ancillaries or supplements.
What's your shbg level?

Charliebizz

how do you feel otherwise in trt. Like energy and cognitive function ?

equel

I can attest to this. The BEST libido I ever had, Im talking double the libido as when I was 13 years old, was when I had been doing 30mg test E EOD SUBQ for 2 weeks, HOWEVER, I suffered from all other low T side effects on that protocol, shitty mood etc, so I discontinued.

Its very interesting how the smallest differences can make huge differences in sexual function.

Cataceous

Super Moderator

Its very interesting how the smallest differences can make huge differences in sexual function.
How do we reconcile a narrow sweet spot with the existence of normal diurnal variation in hormones? Testosterone potentially varies +/-20% from average during a day, and estradiol probably varies at least +/-5% to +/-10%. Is the sensitivity to the average hormone level? The peak? The trough?

Tonyp56

Many start having problems after 5-7 years? I've been on this Trt journey for about 2.5 years and not where I was pre trt as far as erections go (and in some ways energy to be honest) that just means I'm screwed

Joe Sixpack

How do we reconcile a narrow sweet spot with the existence of normal diurnal variation in hormones? Testosterone potentially varies +/-20% from average during a day, and estradiol probably varies at least +/-5% to +/-10%. Is the sensitivity to the average hormone level? The peak? The trough?
I think there is something about exogenous hormones that makes the body do something different than innate ones. For instance. Before starting TRT, my E2 measured out at 16 pg/ml (this was the non-sensitive measure to boot) and my bones and joints never ached. On TRT, if my E2 gets that low, I am very achy, even though my total T is higher than before starting TRT. Somehow when I was natural, my body was managing itself so I did not ache even while having the low levels of E2. But on TRT my body is somehow not able to manage the same.

sh1973

That video is on YouTube and is one of the lifting dermatologist videos. Should be easy to find. Joe I think your theory is exactly right. Something or things change once we shut down our hormones and a lot of times not for the better. The human body is much too complex to fool with hormone manipulation. I always get flack for saying this but more men have problems with trt than have success. This is especially true with long term use.

antelopers

I think there is something about exogenous hormones that makes the body do something different than innate ones. For instance. Before starting TRT, my E2 measured out at 16 pg/ml (this was the non-sensitive measure to boot) and my bones and joints never ached. On TRT, if my E2 gets that low, I am very achy, even though my total T is higher than before starting TRT. Somehow when I was natural, my body was managing itself so I did not ache even while having the low levels of E2. But on TRT my body is somehow not able to manage the same.
This can be pretty easily explained by a higher dht:e2 ratio though. By having a higher total T, you have higher dht. DHT blocks activity of E2 so you'd need a higher e2 number to make up for it. Or a lower dose of t.

Joe Sixpack

This can be pretty easily explained by a higher dht:e2 ratio though. By having a higher total T, you have higher dht. DHT blocks activity of E2 so you'd need a higher e2 number to make up for it. Or a lower dose of t.
Interesting thought. BTW, I've tried the lower dose of T. That makes the low E2 much worse.

antelopers

Interesting thought. BTW, I've tried the lower dose of T. That makes the low E2 much worse.
Have you ever gotten your e2 higher? I found out after many years of spinning my wheels I do a bit better with slightly higher e2.
Whatever it is I hope you find something that works. I know how frustrating it can be.

Joe Sixpack

Have you ever gotten your e2 higher? I found out after many years of spinning my wheels I do a bit better with slightly higher e2.
Whatever it is I hope you find something that works. I know how frustrating it can be.
I'm working on it. The basic problem is that if I push my cypionate dose high enough to get enough E2, I feel overmedicated. If I drop my cypionate dose, I feel better, but I get the low E2 symptoms. I should probably make a separate post about it.

Forty2

One if the reasons I stopped TRT. It gives me negative sexual issues.

Tried lots of different protocol changes. Nothing helped except to stop. When I am off TRT I can have sex and finish pretty much anytime I want.
When on TRT, I am lucky to be able to get off once a week.
It's ironic that one of the main reasons men begin TRT is to improve sexual function!

Forty2

Just watched a video from Dr Gordon and he states his studies have found initiating TRT affects 35 other hormones. Hopefully in the next few years there will be great strides in TRT.
35 other hormones?
Cataceous, if you're reading this, how many of those hormones can you name?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me