Serotonin Syndrome Low Estradiol

Buy Lab Tests Online

watson350

I had what I believe to be serotonin syndrome, something I wouldn't wish on my own worst enemy, in December of 2021. It took me two months to feel normal, going through brain fog, brain zaps similar to those coming off antidepressant, blurry vision, anhedonia, exhaustion, panic attacks etc. By March I was back to feeling focused, aggressive, ambitious, myself. ( Sidenote, I tore my rotator cuff in April and was prescribed Percocet, I barely felt them the first day, and the following morning, all of my symptoms came back for a week, before returning to normal) I felt more or less normal till August when for no reason all the symptoms came roaring back and have been there since. I got my blood work done in the fall and one of the interesting results was my estrogen was low normal 73 pg/ml but my estradiol was less than 5 pg/ml or undetectable which lead me to look up low estradiol symptoms only to find very similar symptoms to what I have experienced, most common of which is the achy joints, anxiety blurry vision, and brain fog. I jumped on Fisetin and Quercetin which are estrogenic in nature, both have helped.

A regenerative doc who primarily helps men with TRT and stem cells etc. has given me epitalon, tesamorelin/ipamorelin, and has suggested HCG to boost estradiol(total testorone 437 ng/dl btw). She also advised me my thyroid was low, T4 1 ng/dl , TSH 1.14 uIU/ML, TPO < 9 IU/ML, SHBG, 29 nmol/L and gave me some thyroid med.

I have held off on HCG or TRT to test the aromatase damage or HPA axis damage theory I have, until I see an endocrinologist this week, but it seems like a good idea to consider. I have been trying to kick start whatever it is that isnt working properly knowing that I have felt like myself for an extended period of time since the incident. Perhaps I may never be the same, without some serious intervention.. I am curious what everyone thinks I should try do in order to rule out x, y, z. My test has fallen since I was 32, I had 650 ng/dl back then, and blood serum serotonin was 30% higher. I believe estradiol and dopamine work hand in hand and I dont necessarily have a low serotonin issue but rather all my neurotransmitters are out of balance and estradiol is part of that equation. Clomid, HCG, microdose psilocybin, cerebrolsyin, bpc 157/thymosin beta 4.... Let me know. Thank you for your help

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

sammmy

Are you currently on any psychotropic drugs or supplements (opiates, stimulants, antidepressants, anti-anxiety, anti-psychotic, sleep meds etc)?

watson350

Are you currently on any psychotropic drugs or supplements (opiates, stimulants, antidepressants, anti-anxiety, anti-psychotic, sleep meds etc)?
I have stayed away from everything but daily supplements: b12, magnesium, taurine, b6, niacinimide, fisetin, quercetin, tesamorelin/ipamorelin , zinc, sometimes vitamin a, vitamin d3. One side note, I took a natural aromatase inhibitor in September,alpha napthaflavone, I felt like a million bucks for a day symptoms abated, from basket case, anxious and brain fog to lots of gaba, very focused, then I felt like garbage and anxious the next day, panic attack at night. Much like progesterone, AIs tend to bring estrogen from the tissues in to the blood stream before inhibiting aromatase, so I suspect thats why I felt so good at first. I have been afraid of anything that raises serotonin or anything like that(BPC 157 for example). I just started drinking coffee again for the first time since august, no adderall.

watson350

I have stayed away from everything but daily supplements: b12, magnesium, taurine, b6, niacinimide, fisetin, quercetin, tesamorelin/ipamorelin , zinc, sometimes vitamin a, vitamin d3. One side note, I took a natural aromatase inhibitor in September,alpha napthaflavone, I felt like a million bucks for a day symptoms abated, from basket case, anxious and brain fog to lots of gaba, very focused, then I felt like garbage and anxious the next day, panic attack at night. Much like progesterone, AIs tend to bring estrogen from the tissues in to the blood stream before inhibiting aromatase, so I suspect thats why I felt so good at first. I have been afraid of anything that raises serotonin or anything like that(BPC 157 for example). I just started drinking coffee again for the first time since august, no adderall.
Do you still experience brain zaps?
Yes, just not as pronounced as jan-february of 2022, subtle, especially since starting fisetin. I have hot flashes, night sweats, like im a menopausal woman. Having sad that, I had virtually zero brain zaps from March through August minus the instances ive mentioned. I forgot to mention, the itchy rash, which seems to have abated since I took ivermectin two weeks ago. I had an itchy rash, histamine rash, whatever you wish to call it, from august till recently, like an auto immune disorder or mast cell rash.

sammmy

I would stop all the stuff that you are currently taking, even the vitamins, to eliminate all of these variables. Brain zaps are typical for serotonin syndrome but it is not normal for it to last after the offending agent is stopped, which means it is something you are still taking.

The endo will not be able to help if you are taking on the side so much stuff with unclear effects. If possible, I would postpone the endo appointment so that all that stuff that you are currently taking clears off - several weeks, or your hormonal tests will be skewed.

It is also a good idea to do a basic CBC with differential and a Comprehensive Metabolic Panel to see your overall health, again after all that stuff clears off your body.

watson350

I would stop all the stuff that you are currently taking, even the vitamins, to eliminate all of these variables. Brain zaps are typical for serotonin syndrome but it is not normal for it to last after the offending agent is stopped, which means it is something you are still taking.

The endo will not be able to help if you are taking on the side so much stuff with unclear effects. If possible, I would postpone the endo appointment so that all that stuff that you are currently taking clears off - several weeks, or your hormonal tests will be skewed.

It is also a good idea to do a basic CBC with differential and a Comprehensive Metabolic Panel to see your overall health, again after all that stuff clears off your body.
Thank you.

t_spacemonkey

based on what i am reading it is unlikely that you had a serotonin syndrome. it is unheard of for low e2 to cause this. there is stories of guys depressing their e2 to 0 and they do not experience this. what other pills other then ai/supplements have you been on?

watson350

based on what i am reading it is unlikely that you had a serotonin syndrome. it is unheard of for low e2 to cause this. there is stories of guys depressing their e2 to 0 and they do not experience this. what other pills other then ai/supplements have you been on?
e2 didnt cause the serotonin syndrome. Serotonin Syndrome itself, is a singular event, its what happens after that causes problems, unless you die from the toxicity. HPA axis issues due toxicity or autoimmune issues are common. I suspect, my aromatase enzymes are not functioning properly or I damaged 5hta receptors and my brain thinks my hormone ratios are correct but in fact they are not and the pituitary signaling is down regulated as a result. I see my endocrinologist next week. I'll ask him. My symptoms currently do parallel stories of men with low e2 so thats a positive. Every estrogenic supplement has made me feel better. This isnt fun but I suppose my theory is easy to test with estradiol prescription or HCG or some testosterone therapy.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me