Sensitivity to an ester

Buy Lab Tests Online

murrayh

I’m wondering if anyone has any anecdotal experiences on different esters. I am currently trying a round of clomid mainly because I was getting really bad headaches on cypionate, with AI without, varying dosages. I was wondering if anyone out there has had similar experiences and tried different esters with success? My doctor and I discussed if I do return to injections to try enathnate instead. I have a well respected physician in the trt community so I’m not worried there.
I’ve tried two different oils grape seed and cotton seed with the same result so don’t think that’s it. Just looking to see if anyone has done better on one ester vs the other.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

My experience with cypionate v.s enanthate is cypionate does have more kick to it, I feel it immediately after an injection whereas and with enanthate is a bit more subtle.

I've also heard the difference between the two is enanthate has less water retention v.s cypionate. The both of them give me headaches within the first 6 weeks of a dosage change, enanthate headaches are a little weaker.

I've always associated the headaches with the estrogen spikes then I get in the fourth and fifth weeks, when things settle down at 6 weeks and the fluctuations level out the headaches are gone.

Dr Rob on the TOT Roundtable has mentioned it more than one one occasion.

murrayh

My experience with cypionate v.s enanthate is cypionate does have more kick to it, I feel it immediately after an injection whereas and with enanthate is a bit more subtle.

I've also heard the difference between the two is enanthate has less water retention v.s cypionate. The both of them give me headaches within the first 6 weeks of a dosage change, enanthate headaches are a little weaker.

I've always associated the headaches with the estrogen spikes then I get in the fourth and fifth weeks, when things settle down at 6 weeks and the fluctuations level out the headaches are gone.

Dr Rob on the TOT Roundtable has mentioned it more than one one occasion.

So time adjusting is the only remedy that you’ve found? Do you by chance know which episode on the round table that’s on? I’d love to listen.

Systemlord

So time adjusting is the only remedy that you’ve found? Do you by chance know which episode on the round table that’s on? I’d love to listen.

I do not, sorry. I do remember the topic of conversation was those with a specific rare gene where after being on TRT for about a year cause some type of severe anxiety do to some rare receptor disorder. The topic moved onto headaches from there.

I didn't get headache on daily, so I'm thinking it has to do with the size of the peaks and troughs which is what Dr. Rob was talking about.

These headaches last only for the first 6 weeks on a new protocol for me.

Last edited:

Vince

Super Moderator
I’m wondering if anyone has any anecdotal experiences on different esters. I am currently trying a round of clomid mainly because I was getting really bad headaches on cypionate, with AI without, varying dosages. I was wondering if anyone out there has had similar experiences and tried different esters with success? My doctor and I discussed if I do return to injections to try enathnate instead. I have a well respected physician in the trt community so I’m not worried there.
I’ve tried two different oils grape seed and cotton seed with the same result so don’t think that’s it. Just looking to see if anyone has done better on one ester vs the other.
How long were you on your protocol, when your headaches started.

murrayh

I think I do remember that one I’ll do some digging. Thanks for the reply. I’m actually feeling pretty good on 12.5 mg/day of clomid but only been on it for about 16 days so we’ll see.

murrayh

How long were you on your protocol, when your headaches started.

In fairness part of the problem was not sticking to a protocol long enough for things to stabilize. But I also couldn’t even function at home or work so I had a very hard time sticking it out for more than a few weeks. If clomid fails I think I may try enthanate and see if I have a different response. My Dr. said he’s seen people do better on certain esters.

Vince

Super Moderator
In fairness part of the problem was not sticking to a protocol long enough for things to stabilize. But I also couldn’t even function at home or work so I had a very hard time sticking it out for more than a few weeks. If clomid fails I think I may try enthanate and see if I have a different response. My Dr. said he’s seen people do better on certain esters.
Are you sure you just didn't have the testosterone flu? When I first started trt a little over four years ago, I got the testosterone flu. It lingered for at least 2 weeks. All my new healthy hormones had to readjust.

murrayh

Are you sure you just didn't have the testosterone flu? When I first started trt a little over four years ago, I got the testosterone flu. It lingered for at least 2 weeks. All my new healthy hormones had to readjust.

No I don’t think it was the test flu this continued for months into treatment. And it was always directly correlated to start 3-4 hours after injection.

MIP1950

My experiences: I can't tolerate cottonseed oil. Test Cyp always made me feel vaguely ill. Test Enanthate I'm good with as far as no side effects from sesame or the preservative, as far as I can tell. But, I asked my urologist if we could try Test Prop from Empower. He was fine with that. Got it last week and started at 10 mg IM, daily. After a few days, I realized I wasn't feeling good; eyes ached, mild nausea, lower GI discomfort, loose stool. The Test Prop was the only thing new and I surmised that it was either the grapeseed oil or the benzyl alcohol. So, I put it aside and went back on enanthate. Don't know if I'll try it again, but I will message my urologist.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me