Running out of TRT early? Switch to SubQ to last longer?

Buy Lab Tests Online
It appears my vials don't last the full term. My prescription is 200mg/mL test C injected twice a week (0.5mL) and is supposed to last 5 weeks. Therefore the vial should include 5mL total. The vial only appears to last 8.5 out of 10 dosages and I wonder if this is due to some test C being left in the syringe tip after each use. Would switching to SubQ (using insulin syringes) so that test isn't left in the syringe an option?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
No, though my testosterone comes in grapeseed oil. If I was injecting cottonseed oil, I would use a 27 gauge. I actually inject at a 90 degree angle into my shoulders and VG.

Here's my favorite place to inject, it does take a little practice.

Best testosterone injection site, no aspiration needed, avoids all nerves

How do you find the correct ventrogluteal area on yourself? All the guides I've found online (including this one) show you how to find it on a "patient" and not yourself.
Seems all the online advice recommends not injecting in the dorsogluteal area however every time I try to find ventro I get blood, sharp pain, and bruising for a week. Dorsogluteal has never given me these issues (only been doing this for a few weeks).

Vince

Super Moderator
How do you find the correct ventrogluteal area on yourself? All the guides I've found online (including this one) show you how to find it on a "patient" and not yourself.
Seems all the online advice recommends not injecting in the dorsogluteal area however every time I try to find ventro I get blood, sharp pain, and bruising for a week. Dorsogluteal has never given me these issues (only been doing this for a few weeks).
This may help.

1583318677827.png

madman

Super Moderator
It appears my vials don't last the full term. My prescription is 200mg/mL test C injected twice a week (0.5mL) and is supposed to last 5 weeks. Therefore the vial should include 5mL total. The vial only appears to last 8.5 out of 10 dosages and I wonder if this is due to some test C being left in the syringe tip after each use. Would switching to SubQ (using insulin syringes) so that test isn't left in the syringe an option?

Fixed insulin syringes whether injecting sub-q/shallow IM.....problem solved!

Fixed insulin syringes whether injecting sub-q/shallow IM.....problem solved!

I use fixed insulin syringes for HCG, they seem to have a lot less dead space in them than my replaceable needle syringes I use for the Test C. I use the same needle for drawing and injecting the HCG so assume it's fine to use the same needle to draw and inject the Test C.

Is there any real evidence if sub-q or IM is more effective in delivering medication? I've read that IM generates scar tissue over time while sub-q does not. I've also read that sub-q absorbs slower because the tissue is less vascular than muscle.

madman

Super Moderator
I use fixed insulin syringes for HCG, they seem to have a lot less dead space in them than my replaceable needle syringes I use for the Test C. I use the same needle for drawing and injecting the HCG so assume it's fine to use the same needle to draw and inject the Test C.

Is there any real evidence if sub-q or IM is more effective in delivering medication? I've read that IM generates scar tissue over time while sub-q does not. I've also read that sub-q absorbs slower because the tissue is less vascular than muscle.

Yes you can use them to draw/inject oil based esterified T.

The should be no difference in absorption/effectiveness between sub-q/IM.....mind you some tend to not do well injecting sub-q due to various reasons and prefer IM.

IM can result in scar tissue at the injection site but to what degree depend on the gauge/needle length used and most of the concern regarding scar tissue when injecting IM comes from steroid users injecting with the 22 gauge 1.5 inch harpoons.

Sure injecting with a 22-25 gauge will result in more scar tissue and may cause concern for some but in the majority of men on trt injecting shallow IM whether once weekly (not common), twice weekly (very common) or more frequently as in M/W/F, EOD, or daily they are all using fixed insulin syringes 27-31 gauge in 1/2 inch (12.7 mm) or 5/16 inch (8mm) which will result in much less scar tissue.

Believe it or not although injecting sub-q will result in minimal trauma you are still piercing the skin and it has also been shown that there is some buildup of collagen at the injection site but again it comes down to each individual and to what you feel is best.

There is a chance that when injecting sub-q absorption may be slower but again many things can effect the absorption rate other than the T ester and keep in mind that the Antares study using the auto injector Xyosted (testosterone enanthate) injected strictly sub-q that T levels peaked at 12 hrs post injection.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me