Risk associated with pre-loading syringes for later use

Buy Lab Tests Online
Just wanted to share a reminder regarding patients who want to pre-load a syringe with an injectable medication for later use.

It is not recommended to self pre-load a syringe for IM injection due to the fact there is exposure to contamination during the manual transfer from the bottle to the syringe. Although the syringe itself is sterile, it is not a sealed container designed to be stored long term as there is risk of air leaking into the syringe exposing the medication to the environment. The medication is also exposed to the environment during the actual transfer from bottle to syringe.

The preservatives used in injectable medications typically prevent microbial growth but only for a short period of time. Pre-loaded syringes for IM injections should only be done in a sterile environment (ie pharmacy) using special equipment that prevents air exposure.

Commonly patients want to use pre-loaded syringes for traveling, due to convenience. It is actually better to have them bring their entire bottle (with separate, wrapped syringes/needles) when traveling. The bottle has less chance of being crushed in luggage, and it is properly enclosed to preserve sterility.

If you are looking for a more convenient method of bringing testosterone with you while traveling, you can request two 5ML bottles instead of one 10ml bottle (test cyp), so that you can bring one for traveling while leaving the other at home. Some compounding pharmacies also provide single pre-loaded syringes that are drawn in a 797 clean room and capped with a seal to prevent exposure.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Helboi

I've often wondered about this. I know the technical answer, as you stated above, is don't do it. But is there a huge problem doing this say overnight? I inject EOD and I've taken to loading it the night before (8-9pm) and injecting the next morning (6-7am).

chrismez

I get the 1cc bottles from walmart. I get 3 80mg injections per bottle. I draw all three and put them in a zip lock to use every three days. never had a problem, but I get where you are coming from..

James

Jasen - I suppose that's true for hcg as well? My doc writes script for test vial and needles, but sells an 8 week supply of pre loaded hcg syringes.

FrankUnderwood

jason, what about the millions of folks on insulin who pre-load syringes weekly? any thoughts on those patients? should they not be doing this process?

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Heck, some people criticize my technique of injecting two products (T plus HCG) is same syringe.

In 27 years, I have not once had an infection related to injections. I not only have injected testosterone but also HCG, Trimix, HGH, Sermorelin, a twice day HIV medication, B-12, Lipo-C, etc etc

I think we should be careful to always wipe the vial and injection site with alcohol, but the risk of infection by injecting a pharma or compounding pharmacy sterile products are overblown. Of course, if you are buying underground black market stuff, you always take a bigger risk.

I preload sometimes.

PAUL-E

For me I was talking more about how he was handling the needle hub where the needle connects to the syringe. I always crack open the wrapper and use it when changing or I use the needle cap, I never handling the needle.

bako

I have a concern with the large syringe I use to draw my Test with. I only get one per bottle I use new needles of course, but the syringe stays the same. I change from a 20 Guage needle to draw to a 25 Guage to pin. The fact that I have to reuse the same syringe freaks me out a little. Any problem with this?

PAUL-E

I have a concern with the large syringe I use to draw my Test with. I only get one per bottle I use new needles of course, but the syringe stays the same. I change from a 20 Guage needle to draw to a 25 Guage to pin. The fact that I have to reuse the same syringe freaks me out a little. Any problem with this?
I would tell your DR. your uncomfortable with reusing the draw needle and ask for more I don't think it should be a big deal I am actually surprised they only gave you one(I don't think that's sterile).

Last edited:

CoastWatcher

There are a lot of potential problems with this. Your doctor is the one who suggested this?

bako

No the tech who did the lab order..Dr just prescribed what I needed. didn't have input to needle selection I don't believe.

bako

Gonna pick more up immediately. Did an online search same question...all kinds of horror stories . I'm glad I asked.

bruin

that vid increased my vernacular of "those bad boys".............damn, fill me up some of those juices spikes

davidrn

jason, what about the millions of folks on insulin who pre-load syringes weekly? any thoughts on those patients? should they not be doing this process?

I worked as a public health RN for 15 years after I retired. The VA, and a couple of pharmacies paid me to preload insulin syringes for the blind and those unable to draw up the correct dosage. I used good sterile technique, I never had one issue with hundreds of patients.Even worse than your belief that preloading syringes has some inherent problem, I draw up half of my 10ml vial of Hcg into a 20ml syringe and then pull a little air in, and freeze it for greater than a month. Haven't had any problems after a few years doing this myself.

SportyPig

I use Tri Mix. Normally I don't pre load. I do if meeting with a new person that doesn't know I use Tri Mix and I want to inject privately in a Men's room, or other private place. How long would it be safe to carry preloaded? Kept cold of course.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me